Proof that [[SturgeonsLaw the remaining 10% is worth pressing X to Jason for]] here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for ''HeavyRain'' fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic you like to the list, but remember to use the template found [[Main/FanficRecommendations here]]. You can also add to the existing recommendations if you like. You may not rec your own fic; this is a tool for readers, not an ad service for authors.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexually explicit or [[BetterThanCanon non-canon]] territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is SeriousBusiness. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting ConversationInTheMainPage though; that goes in the discussion page.
[[WMG: General Fics]]
[[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6155574/1/Probability Probability]] by [[http://www.fanfiction.net/u/409114/Chyrstis Chyrstis]]
* Recommended by Tropers/HerrWozzeck
* ''Synopsis'': Madison and Jayden saved Shaun at the old warehouse, but that's not the end of it. Not by a long shot.
* Comments: This expanded look at the "Innocent" ending is a real delight to read. It does an excellent job of showing that even though the killer is dead, the story is far from over. It also excellently characterizes Madison and Norman as they go about trying to come to grips with everything that follows after they defeat the Origami Killer, and it's tastefully left ambiguous about whether Madison and Ethan hooked up or not so that readers can draw their own conclusions. I say, check it out.
[[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6437268/1/You_and_Me_and You and Me and]] by [[http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2549683/lankypanky lankypanky]]
* Recommended by Mizii
* ''Synopsis'': A divergence point from the game, just after the Lizard/Fugitive chapter. Norman, Madison, and Ethan duke it out together. Only major change prior: Ethan's dragged along his gun to the Lizard trial.
* Comments: While this story follows along with certain canon events, it gets there in a different way and they diverge in unexpected ways. It's a Jayden focused story for the most part, but even so all three of the main characters (Jayden, Madison and Ethan) feel like real people as it explores the effect that events has on them, too. Very well characterised.
[[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5943019/1/Uploaded Uploaded]] by [[http://www.fanfiction.net/u/85113/OnlySnakesCanLove OnlySnakesCanLove]]
* Recommended by Sludgeycore
* ''Synopsis'': Agent Jayden died attempting to arrest the Origami Killer. However, when Lieutenant Blake finds the former agent's device known as ARI, he will come to discover the untold realms of possibilities it holds for them both. Blake/Jayden
* Comments: One obvious warning to keep in mind before going in that it is a slash fic. But as one of the reviews states, you'll [[ComeForTheXStayForTheY come for the porn and stay]] [[PornWithPlot for the plot]]. Gay sex aside, it's well characterized, humorous, reads well, and is genuinely interesting and leaves readers anticipating the next chapter.
[[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6784340/1/Never_as_Good_as_the_First_Time Never as Good as the First Time]] by [[http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2549683/lankypanky lankypanky]]
* Recommended by PleaseStandBy
* ''Synopsis'': Prequel for Norman Jayden - both how he begins using the ARI and begins using triptocaine.
* Comments: The game leaves a lot up for interpretation about just how the ARI and triptocaine affect Agent Jayden. This story tries to give a history filling a lot of those gaps and give him some background. It's not perfect, but it does pretty well, and Jayden is pretty canon, though it's very H/C.