%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
[[caption-width-right:305:The Total Drama Raptured Cover]]
A [[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9320584/1/Total-Drama-Raptured fanfic]] made by Rufus T. Serenity and a crossover between ''WesternAnimation/TotalDrama'' and ''[[VideoGame/BioShock1 BioShock]]''
The Total Drama Jumbo Jet is forced down over the Atlantic Ocean. Cody, Courtney, Gwen, and Noah get separated from the rest of the remaining contestants. They discover the gateway to something different. The gateway to the impossible. The gateway to…Rapture! The teens will struggle to not just survive but also keep their sanity and deepest beliefs intact in the first "Bioshock"!
There are 24 chapters as of yet and still ongoing.
!!This fanfiction series contains examples of:
* ActionGirl: Courtney and Gwen, who not only take down quite some splicers, but also are the best fighters of the group.
* AlternateUniverseFic: This story take place before Total Drama World Tour episode "I See London", so Gwen and Courtney keep their near "friend-ish" status that was fully shown in that episode (which may grow into a total friendship). Also, on the Bioshock side of things, the four Total Drama contestants have taken the place of the first game's main protagonist Jack.
* ApocalypticLog: The audio diaries in Rapture, which were meant to show future generations how the glory of Rapture began and developed, now are the voices of ghosts explaining their personal woes, how everything was devolving around them in Rapture, or a mixture of both.
%%* ArchEnemy: Andrew Ryan and Atlas, just like in the game.
* AshFace: Cody's face ended like this after taking multiple explosions due to failing to hack a security bot, much to ther others' hilarity.
* BodyHorror: When Cody takes his first Plasmid (accidentally through the butt no less), we learn just how painful these things are, to the point where Cody feels like he's going to be ripped apart and he tries to kill himself to end the pain.
** Various jukeboxes and phonographs blare period music, which often adds a layer of creepiness over what's already pretty creepy. The first splicer encountered is humming the song "If I Didn't Care" as she guts a man alive (giving the title of the song added meaning by her literally "not caring" about the man she just killed). After seeing a Big Daddy for the first time and it violently killing a splicer, the pleasant yet droll tone of "The Party's Over Now" appears.
** The story even addresses this right before the part with "The Party's Over Now": "In keep with a very odd precedent, the city of Rapture itself seemed willing to dose the teenagers in irony laced contrast which chilled them even deeper than they already were."
* CrazyPrepared: Turns out that Gwen is very skilled with shotguns. The reason? She practiced with them just in case a zombie apocalypse (or an apocalypse of any kind) happens, so she has a way to defend herself. She got this due to watching a lot of movies, series and animes with that theme.
* CompellingVoice: Noah read from accounts that Andrew Ryan voice which was very compelling, he always thought that it was all nostalgia-laced sentimentally but he found he was wrong and that Andrew Ryan voice did meet the descriptions left down by those in the historical record.
** Atlas voice also seem to to have a calming effect on the four contestants.
* ContinuityNod: There are countless little references to aspects and events which had taken place in Total Drama by this point in the series. Two of them are Courtney pointing out to Gwen that their situation (at least initially) like what Chris pulled in the TDI episode "Camp Castaways" and Courtney remembering being "The Human Cricket" when given praise by Cody.
** Noah is convinced that universe is out to make him look gay.
** Gwen refers to herself at some point at "God's favorite punching bag".
* DeadpanSnarker: Even after seeing a man gutted alive right in-front of him, despite his fear, Noah can't help but fire off a sarcastic quip and even Gwen after receiving a crippling wound, she still can't hold her sarcasm back.
* DidIJustSayThatOutLoud: When Cody was unconscious he heard two splicer saying he just has his cherry popped (an expression that means losing your virginity, though in this context it means to take a plasmid for the first time). Later, when Cody wake up he yells "No! I haven't had my cherry popped!" in front of the others, causing them to laugh at him. In fact WordOfGod said this was actually the moment that had lead to this story's creation.
* FanArt: Aside from the cover another fan draw a couple pictures [[http://arias87.deviantart.com/art/Breath-of-Life-394374660 here]] and [[http://arias87.deviantart.com/art/Failed-Hacking-521171133 here]].
* FireForgedFriends: The four teens were hardly best friends, with Noah trying to avoid Cody's company to stop people thinking that he's gay, Gwen having to deal with Cody's incesant flirting and Courtney becomingsuspicious of Gwen having a crush of Duncan. However, facing the endless hardships of rapture made them grow closer to each other, since it's all what they have.
** After taking his first plasmid, Cody discovers that he has tattoos of black chains on his wrists.
%%* FourPhilosophyEnsemble: Noah is the Cynic, Cody the Optimist, Courtney the Realist and Gwen the Conflicted.
* FriendToAllChildren: Out of the four Cody is the most determined to help the Little Sisters.
* FriendshipMoment: Despite none of the four teenagers being technically actual and acknowledged friends according to the canon of Total Drama World Tour, the horrors of Rapture have lead to many moments that seem to be establishing strong bonds. Gwen saving both Courtney's and Cody's lives before they even get to Rapture, Gwen and Cody saving the other from a splicer and hugging each other after each kills their first splicer, Courtney saving Noah from a attacking splicer, and Noah helping Courtney avoid slipping into a nervous breakdown are among the first what will likely be many such friendship moments even if those doing them aren't technically friends.
* HeroicBSOD: Cody suffers a ''massive'' one that he's trying to hide from the others after [[spoiler: reading Gwen's diary, and finding out that the goth hates his guts for his behavior during World Tour.]]
* ICallItVera: Gwen's shotgun is named "Sweet Charity". She didn't name it herself, the name was already branded on the handle, but Gwen liked it.
* InnocentInnuendo: "I haven't had my cherry popped!"
* KnightInSourArmor: Despite hating the idea, Noah helps Courtney avoid slipping into a nervous breakdown after she saves his life by killing a splicer for the first time.
* MissionControl: Atlas is this for the group, telling them what to do and where to go as well as providing them with information, just like he was for Jack in the game.
* MoodWhiplash: The story often goes from a dark mood to a cheerful one all of sudden, and viceversa (though vice versa happens more often): "Oh look, Cody and Noah are asleep on each other arms, that's so funny! Oh look, Noah just woke up and his reaction made the moment even more hilarious! Oh look, Cody doesn't breathe..."
* OneManArmy: Gwen goes on an impressive (and terryfing) splicer killing spree shortly after being healed.
* PlayingWithFire As for chapter 22, Noah and Courtney have the incinerate plasmid. Noah puts him to good use when he burns alive a bunch of splicers that Ryan directed at them.
* PrecisionFStrike: After Courtney sees Cody using Electrobolt for the first time, her reaction is a loud "What the ''fuck'' was that!?"
* PurpleProse: The author goes into legnthy detail to describe both the scenery and the actions that take place, using a very wide range of vocabulary. While this sometimes can create a great effect, other times entire paragraphs are devoted to describe bits of scenery in full detail that have pretty much no impact nor importance on the overall story, which can distract from(and slow) the flow of the story.
* TeethClenchedTeamwork: The fact that the four teens weren't friends with each other causes some friction at the beginning. The dangers they have to face in Rapture force them to becoem closer.
* TheReveal: I chose the impossible... I chose...Rapture!" Building up the tension to the reveal, even after the projector screen moves obscuring the city is lowered, a giant squid and its black ink delay the reveal. Once Rapture is revealed, much of the remaining chapter is devoted to the details of Rapture from the outside and the teen's sense of awe.
* ShockAndAwe: Electrobolt is the first plasmid they get, and for a long time, it's the only one.
* ShoutOut: This story already has references to examples of many different mediums of entertainment ranging from novels to poems to films to history to video games (duh). The most meaningful in terms of the narrative are Noah's describing his situation by quoting the poems "To A Mouse" and "The City Under the Sea" and Gwen comparing the Little Sisters' mental conditioning to Dr. Pavlov's dog experiments.
* SoiledCityOnAHill: While meant to be the salvation of mankind, Rapture has devolved thanks to the relentless advances in altering human genetics and the civil war between Andrew Ryan and Atlas into a art-deco tomb under the ocean in which most of those still alive are insane splicers.
* TragicMonster: [[spoiler: Splicers in Canon are was 'Rapture Citizens' as Drug mutated them into today enemies, Cody may become this as he may or not be genetic related to Jack or Ryan, And Cody is started have some effects of splicing.]]
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: After the Jumbo Jet was destroyed at the beginning, we saw that Chris, Chef and the rest of the contestants managed to get on a duck-shaped raft. However, that was the only thing we know about them.