->'''Spike''': So those bracelets have turned Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash into magnets?
->'''Twilight''': Well thatís simplifying things a bit, but pretty much.
->'''Rainbow Dash''': Quick question, if me and Fluttershy are magnets, am I top and she bottom or does Fluttershy top me?
''[[http://www.fimfiction.net/story/50060/Magnetism%21 Magnetism!]]'' is a ''WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic'' comedy/shipping fanfic where, during a visit to Twilight's house, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy end up [[ChainedHeat stuck together]] due to two magical bracelets that slam the wearers back together if they don't touch for more than five seconds. This quickly proves awkward for the two ponies.
From innuendo laden conversation after a failed attempt to break the link ends up with them in front of Rarity's house to Rainbow Dash needing a pee while they're attached, their lives are made very difficult by the bracelets, and it doesn't help that Fluttershy has a crush on Rainbow Dash.
!!This fanfic provides examples of:
* ActorAllusion: Pinkie speaks with Fluttershy's voice, saying it's easy. [[spoiler:Less explainable is Pinkie speaking with Rainbow's voice]].
* AddedAlliterativeAppeal: The first two chapter names.
* AlmostKiss: Pinkie interrupts [[spoiler:Fluttershy's attempt to kiss Rainbow Dash]].
* AnythingButThat: Mayor Mare's saying she'll do anything if it means not falling in love with the Smarty Pants doll again.
* AttackOfTheFiftyFootWhatever: A very large monster that looks like toast attacks Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and The Cutie Mark Crusaders at one point. Believe it or not, ItMakesSenseInContext.
* BathtubScene: Recounted in detail by Rainbow Dash during the spa scene.
* BewareTheNiceOnes: Fluttershy's terrifying when she gets angry.
* BoundAndGagged: Well, bound anyway, when Fluttershy and Rainbow try to leave the library after [[spoiler:Twilight gets her sanity back, she stops them this way. Unfortunately for Fluttershy, her mouth works faster than her brain at this point, for some awkward humor]].
* BridalCarry: How Rainbow holds Fluttershy when they take care of the former's weather jobs.
* BurningWithAnger: Twilight combines this with a slasher smile when [[spoiler:Rainbow breaks the bracelets, after getting them off]].
* ButtMonkey: Because of their mutual hatred of each other, Angel and Rainbow turn ''each other'' into these.
* CallBack: This adorable exchange comes back in chapter eight after it was featured in a flashback in chapter seven.
-->Rainbow Dash: Fluttershy. You should take up some sports... and become a Wonderbolt.
-->Rainbow Dash: Because. *Hugs Fluttershy* Then you'd be my three favourite things combined; an athlete, a Wonderbolt, and you.
* ChainedHeat: The bracelets function as this.
* CrazyJealousGuy: Non-romantic example. Angel does not like seeing Rainbow Dash getting so...intimate with Fluttershy. It also doesn't help that he thinks that the magic bracelets aren't magic but an excuse for Rainbow to take all the attention from him. Fluttershy is completely oblivious to this [[spoiler:and their attempts to attack each other]], of course.
** Though he tones it down after the catapult incident, as he's finally convinced that the bracelets are real.
* ClingyJealousGirl: Gilda, as revealed in the backstory in chapter seven. [[spoiler: She was aware of Fluttershy's feelings for Rainbow, and threatened to physically hurt her if she flirted with her.]]
* CuteAndPsycho: Sweetie Belle, when she chops trees, shows shades of this.
** Rainbow is quite the snarker, especially in regards to Twilight's antics.
** Rarity loves to snark at all of Rainbow's InnocentInnuendo.
* DeathGlare: Rainbow and Angel trade these constantly.
* DoesThisRemindYouOfAnything: Angel's imaginings about what's going on in the spa do invoke certain...images, before proving to be more innocent.
* DoubleTake: Rainbow Dash does this when she think she sees an archaeopteryx in Fluttershy's garden.
* EpicFail: If this is anything to go by...
-->Rainbow Dash poured the milk into the bowl of cereal. Astonishingly, this time it did not catch on fire.
* EroticDream: [[spoiler:Subverted]] at the beginning of chapter four.
* EscalatingWar: Rainbow and Angel.
* FacePalm: Angel, while trying to pantomime the fact that Rainbow and Fluttershy ended up in Everfree together, ends up doing this a few times.
** Rainbow Dash does this with her hoof when she realizes she pulled Fluttershy in the direction of the spa.
* [[FeudEpisode Feud Chapter]]: Chapter 6 has Rainbow and Fluttershy feuding quite a bit.
* FlippingTheBird: Angel Bunny did this to Rainbow Dash right before she dropped a hot rock on his head.
** Of "May the Best Pet Win." Rainbow Dash notes, with some trepidation that a turtle[[note]]tortoise[[/note]] has taken quite the interest in her.
** Rainbow and Fluttershy joke, in chapter 1, about Twilight [[spoiler:getting the bracelets off by cutting off their limbs]]. Guess what Twilight proposes to do in chapter 3?
** Chapter 6 foreshadows "Read It and Weep," with Rainbow saying ďSeriously, Iíve about as much chance breaking my wing as I do enjoying a book, it just isnít going to happen.Ē
** It also foreshadows "The Cutie Pox" when Rainbow Dash tells Scootaloo to try bowling.
** Chapter 1 briefly shows a scene that we don't see again until chapter 7.
* FriendlyTickleTorture: Rainbow gives Fluttershy a dose of this during the prank spree.
* GirlWithPsychoWeapon: Sweetie Belle gets an axe, and becomes very excited when trying to be a lumberjack.
* GuiltComplex: Twilight suffers from one through much of the story.
* HiddenDepths: Rainbow Dash knows a lot more about animals than anyone expected.
* InnocentInnuendo: Constantly when other ponies are around. For example, when it's mentioned that the bracelets act like magnets in front of Rarity's house, Rainbow asks which one's the top and which one's the bottom, which, after a short awkward silence, Rarity lampshades this, followed by Rainbow Dash admitting that she doesn't know what an innuendo is.
-->'''Rainbow Dash''' (oblivious to the double meaning): Now we buck.
-->'''Fluttershy''' (much more sexually aware): The clouds!
* TheInsomniac: Twilight, while studying a number of ancient artifacts she received from Princess Luna, becomes an obsessive one. It gets worse when the bracelets get stuck to her two friends, and she insists on solving their problem before getting any sleep.
* InterruptedDeclarationOfLove: Chapter eight has [[spoiler: Fluttershy just about to tell Rainbow that she loves her. The moment is ruined when Rainbow cuts her off, declaring that the bracelets had come off. Despite all of the shippers going "OH COME ON!" a la Sweetie Belle, WordOfGod states that it was for the best. This was due to the fact that Rainbow would have been confused and the bracelets would not have been removed.]]
* IWantGrandkids: Apparently Granny Smith wants ''ten'' great-grandkids, which is why Applejack is so horrified by the idea that Big Mac and/or Applebloom might be gay.
* JerkAss: Gilda.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Angel means well for his master, but prefers that he's the center of her attention and getting what he wants from her in return. He isn't particularly nice in making sure he gets this, either.
* LampshadeHanging: Rarity has a lot of fun lampshading Rainbow's InnocentInnuendo.
* LaxativePrank: Angel manages to pull one, much to Rainbow's discomfort.
* LethalChef: Rainbow Dash does the same thing Sweetie Belle did with toast, turning it into a burnt goop. Also appears in the backstory, where Rainbow Dash mentions that the one time she was put in charge of cooking, the staff at flight camp was out for weeks. See also: EpicFail.
** It's even hinted that Rainbow and Sweetie Belle's burn toast turn into monsters.
* LetUsNeverSpeakOfThisAgain: The one thing that Angel and Rainbow Dash could agree on at the end of "Honeymoon in The Everfree Forest" was to never speak of this again
* MadnessMakeover: Twilight, after studying all night to find a way to get the bracelets off after having spent three days awake previously, looks completely psycho, never mind that the makeover gets worse as she speaks.
* MadScientist: Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Rarity imagine Twilight as one in regards to her sleep deprived mind trying to get the bracelets off. Played for laughs, of course.
* MundaneMadeAwesome: Rainbow Dash has quite the reaction to successfully making cereal. To be fair, with what we've seen of her attempts at cooking, successfully making cereal is saying something.
* NiceJobBreakingItHero: Angel's biggest attempt to get rid of Rainbow was, according to WordOfGod, like launching the duo to a pre-set candlelight dinner.
* NightmareFuelStationAttendant: Sweetie Belle when she gets her axe.
* NoKillLikeOverkill: They drop the toast monster they encounter into a very deep pit, and drop a lot of rocks on top of it to keep it from chasing them. Apparently, Angel, a three inch tall rabbit, built the trap.
* NoMoreForMe: Zigzaged. One of the ponies Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy pranked tried to give up the habit, but after seeing Fluttershy's snake and rat playing noughts and crosses together, he had a relapse.
* NonSequiturThud: After crashing into Rainbow, while holding onto Fluttershy, Twilight says, "Yes Mommy I would like syrup with my pancakes" before falling over again.
* NoSenseOfPersonalSpace: While it is necessary to keep touching, Rainbow has a tendency to get a bit...intimate without realizing it.
* NotWhatItLooksLike: Quite literally constantly, from Rainbow Dash tackling Fluttershy and saying that they need to constantly touch to them looking very intimate at Fluttershy's cottage. Made worse by Rainbow Dash's explanations, and the fact that Applejack keeps stumbling upon them at the most inopportune times.
* ObliviousToLove: Rainbow is oblivious to Fluttershy's feelings for her throughout, and apparently hadn't the slightest clue that [[spoiler:Gilda's grabbing her ass and such]] meant she was attracted to her.
* OhCrap: Fluttershy's reaction after Angel [[spoiler:catapults Rainbow into the Everfree Forest]].
* PassThePopcorn: During Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash's emotional conversation, Spike went to get popcorn and even shared some with Pinkie Pie.
* PoisonedChaliceSwitcheroo: Happens with soup that has laxative in it, though only one of the consumers of said food had any idea something might be off.
** Rainbow Dash has one while at Fluttershy's house. [[spoiler:Her first attempt to pee drags Fluttershy halfway up the stairs, and reinforces Angel's belief that Rainbow Dash is trying to kill her, so Rainbow has to take Fluttershy with her into the bathroom]]. Fluttershy is only comforted by thinking nothing will be more awkward than that.
*** [[spoiler:At least till they're in bed together]].
** Fluttershy has one at the spa, which leads to even more awkwardness, as they have to explain to their spa partners why they have to go together, and Applejack walks in as they leave the toilet.
** Yet another one happens after Angel drugs Rainbow Dash's soup with laxatives.
* ThePrankster: Three of them working together. Specifically Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and...Fluttershy?
* PrimalScene: Pinkie flashes back to one, while yelling out disturbing details.
* PunctuatedForEmphasis: Rainbow yells "My! Wing! Isn't! Broken!" at the end of chapter 6.
* SanitySlippage: Twilight becomes more and more unhinged as time goes on. [[spoiler:She gets better without help]].
** She loses it a second time at the end of Chapter eight, and combines it with [[BurningWithAnger a burning mane]] after [[spoiler:Rainbow gets the bracelets off her and Fluttershy, and throws them on the ground, shattering them]].
* ShapedLikeItself: Chapter two describes a "peach colored peach."
* ShipperOnDeck: Rarity goes with a nudge, nudge, wink, wink approach with Fluttershy, after hearing about their more compromising moments in the bathtub.
** All subtelty is dropped and Pinkie Pie joins in on the fun in the not-so-final chapter, when she and Rarity [[spoiler:erect a giant banner with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy's faces on it with a heart between them. Unfortunately, AJ talks them into taking it down]].
* ShoutOut: To ''VideoGame/TheLegendOfZelda'', after Rainbow successfully makes cereal. The line before is a shout out to an episode of ''WesternAnimation/TheSimpsons'' where Homer makes cereal and it catches fire.
* SlasherSmile: Whenever Twilight goes off the deep end, she sports one
* SliceOfLife: The fic itself is very much slice of life, if said life involves two people having to touch every five seconds, one of them has a crush on the other, and awkwardness ensues constantly.
* SneezeCut: At the same time that Rainbow Dash said she doubted there was no pony who could cook as bad as her, Sweetie Belle sneezed.
* StunnedSilence: After Fluttershy says that she keeps Angel around because he [[spoiler:reminds her of Rainbow Dash]], this is the inevitable result.
* ThereIsOnlyOneBed: The whole bathroom thing is topped by the awkwardness of their sleeping in the same bed, and Fluttershy's thoughts on the matter. This is justified by the fact that they have to constantly touch, however.
* ThisExplainsSoMuch: During the (rather dark) flashback in chapter seven, it is revealed that [[spoiler:the reason Rainbow is so ignorant about sex is because she got sick during the week they taught sex ed]].
* ThrowTheBookAtThem: When Rainbow first enters Twilight's house, she gets a book in the face.
* ToneShift: Chapter 7 takes a far darker route when we flash back to Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash's time in school.
* WhamLine: In chapter 7, Fluttershy spends a long time talking to her mother, before heading off to make herself dinner. At the end of her conversation with her mother, Fluttershy tells us:
-->My mum smiled to this and watched me go without saying a word. It would have been a little scary if she had.\\
[[spoiler:After all, photos donít talk back.]]
* WorthyOpponent: By the end of the story, Angel and Rainbow see each other as this.