[[Fanfic/FateIngensCor Fate/Ingens Cor]] is a story which chronicles Harry Potter and his adventures in dealing with a new Holy Grail War which has been triggered by Voldemort in one of his usual mad quests for power. The first chapter was published on April 15, 2011. Latest chapter was posted on 10th of November, 2012 before being put on unofficial hiatus. On October 11, 2013, the author announced his intention of getting back to it...though sadly, he still hasn't.
Set during Harry's fifth year, the story begins with the Death Eaters begin a ritual led by a bastard son of the Einzberns who desires power and isn't afraid of where he has to go in order to get it. Stealing as much knowledge from his family and Clock Tower about the Heaven's Feel as he can get, he attempts to bring down the Holy Grail in what amounts to a Confoundus Ritual to trick it into granting Voldemort a wish.
It didn't go exactly as planned.
In the wake of the failed ritual, Voldemort stands to be counted among the Masters who will take part in the war with Berserker by his side. All over Great Britain though, other Masters are selected by either chance or their own design to take part in the War to come. Among them is none other than Harry Potter whom in an attempt to escape the Dementors who come to kill him, accidentally summons a Servant of his own, a knight in black armour claiming to be called Saber...
The story can be found [[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6907242/1/Fate_Ingens_Cor here]]
This story contains the following tropes:
* ActionGirl: Rin and Arturia of course. The Assassin for this Grail War is also included.
* AffablyEvil: Caster. Though "evil" may be a bit harsh.
* AnimalMotif: Caster's helmet. It has a deer design which moves into his decoration horns.
** The newly summoned Avenger seems to have a snake/scarab motif. [[spoiler: Given the extremely high likelihood that she is Cleopatra, this is not surprising.]]
* AntiHero: Saber is more or less this thanks to his dark history.
** Caster is also this. He gets along extremely well with his Master (Luna Lovegood) and seems to genuinely care about her, but his history with Arturia Pendragon and the Knights of the Round Table is not pretty.
* AttackAnimal: Servants are generally considered this by many Masters in the Fate series.
* AwfulTruth: Saber's true history which he feels will alienate him from his master and jeopardize the bond they share as Master and Servant. Imagine his surprise when he is informed that his Master idolizes him.
* AxCrazy: Bellatrix, natch.
** And Rider.
* BackFromTheDead: All of the Servants are this trope, having been summoned from the Throne of Heroes after they had died.
* BadAss: Shirou, Arturia, Rin, Saber, Caster, the list goes on.
* BigBrotherMentor: Saber may be turning into this for Harry since he offers Harry advice on his situation as well as an ear for Harry to talk into concerning his troubles and concerns.
* BreakTheHaughty: Draco Malfoy tries to lord his pureblood status over Assassin without truly knowing what she was not once, but twice. Both times left him trembling and fearing for his life while to Assassin it was business as usual.
** Then he pisses her off a third time by sending her to kill Rin, and after she fails and her presence is exposed, the sheer rage she exhibits towards Draco causes the terrified boy to [[BringMyBrownPants wet himself]].
* BullyingADragon: Draco Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange have yet to learn not to tax their respective Servant's patience, and they get beaten up or humiliated every time by the annoyed Heroic Spirits. [[spoiler: Draco might finally learn his lesson after Assassin scares the living daylights out of him for sending her to kill Rin (a task she fails horribly due to knowing nothing about Rin).]]
* CallingYourAttacks: Necessary to activate the full power of a Noble Phantasm.
* CasualDangerDialogue: Saber doesn't speak too often in his fights. When he does, it's simple words or something which sounds pretty cool.
-->Saber: "What I do to atone for my shame is no business of yours!"
* CoolSword: Many examples of this. Kashou and Bakuya, Excalibur, Arondight, and with Shirou's abilities there are likely more to come.
* CourtroomEpisode: Harry's day in court
* CrossOver: Painfully obvious.
* DarkAndTroubledPast: Many characters embody this. Saber, Arturia, Shirou, Harry, and other characters.
* DarkIsNotEvil: Stereotypically black knights are supposed to be the bad guys, but we can see that Harry's Saber is anything but.
* DreamSequence: Harry has a dream about Saber's past via the dream cycle.
* DualWielding: Saber shows off this particular skill when he uses both halves of a cut bench as a weapon when he fights Caster.
** Shirou also exemplifies this with Kanshou and Bakuya.
* EvenEvilHasStandards: Lancer hates Bellatrix for being both a bigoted zealot and an idiot. Assassin hates the Malfoys for being thieves and idiots.
** Caster is not necessarily evil, despite his antipathy towards Saber/Lancelot and Arturia. Either way, he is disgusted to find (the corpse of) a Basilisk inside Hogwarts.
** Subverted with Rider. He may hate the Death Eaters (whom he sees as cowards), but he's almost as bloodthirsty as Bellatrix.
* EvilIsPetty: Draco Malfoy sends Assassin to kill Rin Tohsaka because she punished him for his bigotry and didn't give a damn about his pureblood status (Assassin herself is disgusted by Draco's pettiness and only complied after he used up the Command Seal). [[spoiler: She fails, and it costs them both a strategic advantage in the war, much to Assassin's fury.]]
* FantasticRacism: The Death Eaters hold this towards everyone who isn't magical or don't have any magical relatives.
* FemmeFatale: Assassin.
* FriendlyEnemy: Despite being enemies in the Holy Grail War, Archer and Saber seem to tolerate each other at least.
* GoodScarsEvilScars: This is a Literature/HarryPotter fic. Of course scars are going to be playing a role in things.
* HeroKiller: Technically, this is what all of the Servants are trying to be since they have to take each other down in order to win the Holy Grail War. Servants are Heroic Spirits after all
* HeroWorshipper: Harry is this for [[spoiler: Lancelot, having grown up on stories about Camelot. The disgraced knight was one of his favourites.]]
* HurtingHero: Saber and Harry with their respective situations and then Arturia when she sees that [[spoiler: Lancelot has returned]]
* JustIgnoreIt: Saber's advice to Harry about all of the mudslinging that the Ministry of Magic is doing to him.
* KangarooCourt: Fudge's attempt at putting Harry to trial.
* KnightInSourArmour: Saber [[spoiler: (Lancelot)]] is still tearing himself up over his past. To a lesser extent Arturia is too although she has Shirou to help her get over it.
* LaserGuidedKarma: Vernon attempts to strike Harry, blaming him for the condition Dudley is in after a Dementor attack only to bet punched in the face by Saber. Considering how powerful Servants can be, even holding back can cause a lot of damage.
* MagicWand: Do we really need to elaborate on this?
* MasterSwordsman: Thanks to Saber's [[spoiler: Knight of Honour]], just about anything he grabs he masters as a weapon.
** Shirou is this as well thanks to his skills with weapons and [[spoiler: Unlimited Blade Works]]
* MeaningfulName: The titles of the Servants are a reflection on their abilities.
* MsFanservice: Assassin.
* MurderIsTheBestSolution: The basic mindset when it comes to dealing with enemies in the Holy Grail War.
** It's also popular with Voldemort and the Death Eaters.
** Rider also suggests this after Malfoy runs off after Assassin dealt with him for mouthing off at her.
* MyGreatestFailure: Harry's feelings concerning Cedric's death. He's reminded of it when he looks at Saber's face for the first time.
* MysteriousPast: As a rule, the Servants must keep their pasts a secret from their Masters, but recently Saber's identity has become known to Harry.
* NamesToRunAwayFromReallyFast: Voldemort A.K.A. You-Know-Who. Thanks to the Ministry's lies, Harry Potter is gaining this status.
* ObstructiveBureaucrat: Fudge, natch. And Umbridge.
* OffWithHisHead: Caster has a history with this.
** Rider takes it a step further by collecting the severed heads of the people he kills, as one unlucky policeman tragically learned.
* OhCrap: The moment Harry and Hermione realize that there are other Servants besides theirs [[spoiler: on the Hogwarts Express!]]
* OnlySaneMan: Lucius Malfoy seems to be this amongst the Death Eater Masters. He's the only one whom has yet to provoke his Servant (Assassin) due to knowing what she is capable of and being GenreSavvy enough to know that she hates him and would gladly kill him if she finds a profitable opportunity to do so. It has also been hinted that he knows that his master's plan is not going to end well, but he keeps his mouth shut out of fear.
** Granted, Voldemort has yet to provoke his Servant (Berserker), but that's because Berserker is...well, Berseker. Plus Voldemort is anything but sane.
* PapaWolf: Go ahead. Threaten Harry. Saber will quickly introduce you to a world of pain, as Vernon and Snape quickly learned.
* PunchClockVillain: Lancer. He hates his Master (Bellatrix Lestrange), is disgusted by the Death Eaters' racism and bigotry, and unlike Rider, he's not an overly bloodthirsty killer. It's even implied in Chapter 4 that he plans to kill Bellatrix (and possibly betray the Death Eaters) after she uses up her Command Seals.
** Assassin made it clear to her Master [[spoiler: (Lucius Malfoy)]] that she gives zero fucks about him. [[spoiler: He's smart enough to know this, and thus, goes out of his way not to piss her off. Sadly, the same can't be said for his son.]]
* RedheadedHero: Hermione's Archer. Then of course there's Shirou.
* RuleOfThree: Three times does Draco Malfoy try to bully/boss around Assassin, three times does she put him in his place, and three times does he [[spoiler: almost wet himself. Actually, the third time around, he ''does''.]] He may try it again in the future, though.
* TeamMom: For better or for worse, that's Molly Weasley in regards to the Order of the Phoenix.
* TheOnlyOneAllowedToDefeatYou: Archer claims that this is his reason for helping Saber fight other Servants, though Hermione could have ordered him to help.
* ThePowerOfBlood: Death Eater Yaxley dies in the aftermath of the failed ritual which may or may not have played a role in the Berserker that was summoned.
* ThePrankster: Archer and the Weasley Twins. They're actually engaged in a prank war, which Archer is currently winning by a huge margin.
* TheReasonYouSuckSpeech: Lancer gives one to Bellatrix, mocking her bigotry and hate-bloated ideals:
--->"Master, I do not care about your world of so-called blood purity. It's a ridiculous ideal to fight for when you could be conquering cities or nations. Instead, you focus on the people living alongside your own and cut down on potential recruits for a future army. Even if you win this blood war, you will leave yourself open to foreign invasion and if you all are as fanatical as I have seen so far, you'll crumble even faster than the so-called corrupted society you hate. Mark my words."
** Then there's Rin doing the same thing to Draco Malfoy:
--->"I don't '''care''' who your father is! The fact that you immediately threaten to go whining to him only proves that I was right in not considering you worthy of respect! You're a weak magus who obviously can't stand on his own two feet in this world without daddy holding your hand! Maybe if you're lucky I can make something halfway competent out of you by the end of the year. I've been known to work miracles before."
* ThereCanBeOnlyOne: The Holy Grail War states that only one team of Master and Servant can be victorious.
* TheVamp: Assassin reveals this trope by using her charms to seduce the train engineers into becoming her loving slaves.
* TooDumbToLive: Lancer more or less considers his Master, Bellatrix Lestrange to be this since she's a raving lunatic as far as he's concerned.
* TragicMonster: Harry's Saber when you have to consider his past in [[spoiler: Fate/Zero]]
* WhamEpisode: Chapter 11. [[spoiler: Ginny summons her own Servant, a female Avenger(Strongly implied to be Cleopatra).]]
* YouHaveGotToBeKiddingMe: More or less Harry's reaction to finding out his Servant's true identity, [[spoiler: Lancelot of the Lake.]]
* YouHaveOutlivedYourUsefulness: This almost happened to Lars Von Einzbern when his ritual seemingly failed.