An AU Naruto story written on Fanfiction.net by Saiyan Warrior 200 and is currently completed and can be read [[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4070794/1/A-Fathers-Wrath here.]] The story has a surprising change to it as instead of Minato, Orochimaru is Naruto's father instead, and is forced to witness Kyuubi being sealed inside him. This causes Orochimaru, (who is at best, an AntiHero type IV, and at worst, an Anti Villian in this) to swear revenge against Konoha for doing so. Sarutobi casts an Genjutsu on the newborn Naruto to hide his true appearance. Orochimaru joins Akatsuki and leaves after failing to defeat Itachi and creates the Hidden Sound Village in order to continue his plans to try and get his son. This is a more humane Orochimaru-centric story as he shows qualities that he could've had, had he not gone down the path he went.
A sequel Son of The Serpent can be found [[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8840802/1/Son-of-The-Serpent here]].
!!Tropes in A Father's Wrath include:
* AFateWorseThanDeath: Hidan's downfall [[spoiler: After being defeated and his hands cut off, He is tossed into an empty void by Orochimaru who opened up the Rashomon Gate and he can do nothing but float off into the distance and curse him.]]
* AndThenWhat: Pein asks this to Muta as he is near death at Sekigahara what he would've done afterwards if he had somehow managed to kill Naruto. Muta responds by saying he doesn't care what he does after that, so long as he can kill him.
* AscendedExtra: In Canon Jashin and The Jashinists were given a mention as a religion that worshipped pain and destruction and we only saw Hidan as a member. Here, they are The BigBad.
* ArmorIsUseless: Averted, when The war with the Jashinists start Naruto and the others start wearing armor to protect themselves in battle and The Snow Forces cover their bodies with a layer of Ice to deflect attacks and so their archers don't have to worry about hitting them.
* AxCrazy: Hidan is one of course, and Tsuchigumo, an Akatsuki agent who inflitrates the Chunin Exams to capture Naruto is one as well, even carrying AnAxeToGrind. Actually any Jashinists in this is bound to show traits of this.
* BadBoss: Keiji Sosano is one of these as during the Chunin Exams he threatens to kill the other Akatsuki agents if they fail. When he becomes the Tsuchikage he gets even worse as its revealed he willingly sent thousands of his own men and followers to their deaths so Naruto and the others wouldn't be able to figure out what he was really planning. [[spoiler: He even kills the one person who had feelings for him and uses her heart to power up his ultimate weapon]]
* BloodBrothers: Naruto and Haku become this, swearing an oath in a Peach Garden similar to RomanceOfTheThreeKingdoms
* BloodKnight: Lu Xiaong of the Jashinists and Iwagakure is one as he doesn't care about serving Jashin or the difference between good and evil, he only cares about fighting and prove his strength. And he [[BadAss can back it up as well.]]
* BerserkButton: Whatever you do to Orochimaru is fine, but threaten his kid and he [[UnstoppableRage WILL END YOU.]]
* BigDamnHeroes: Hidan has attacked Konoha with other followers of Jashin while Leaf and Sound are trying to put a stop to The Main Jashin force in Iwagakure. The group manages to return and fight them to a standstill it's when Suna and The New Kazekage [[spoiler: Gaara]] appear and announce themselves as their allies that the Jashinists flee
* BittersweetEnding: [[spoiler: Hurray! The Jashinists are defeated and peace is held once again throughout the land, many have died but are never forgotten and Konoha, Suna, and Oto are allies. Naruto goes on a training trip with Jiraiya, but Naruto's nemesis Muta Daidouji still lives and takes Hidan's spot in Akatsuki who now plans their move for the sequel.]]
* BreakingSpeech: Keiji Sosano gives one to [[spoiler: Naruto]] telling him that he is doomed to a life of isolation and hatred as a Jinchuurki, he nearly believes him until he realizes YouAreNotAlone.
* CantCatchUp: Sasuke fears he is becoming this after Naruto has become more powerful and stronger than him. In the last chapter [[spoiler: He asks Orochimaru to train him so he can become stronger after The Fourth Shinobi War and manage to finally be able to defeat Itachi. Orochimaru agrees to it but reminds him that he desires his Sharingan eyes and who's to say he won't try to [[GrandTheftMe take his body.]] Sasuke responds that he's willing to take that risk]]
* CombatByChampion: Done a number of times during the war against the Jashinists
* ADayInTheLimeLight: The Sound Village is this as they get more characterization and development in the story than they do in the Series showing how many of them got recruited by Orochimaru and are so loyal to him. Dosu Kinuta we see is [[spoiler: saving money for a surgery to restore his face]] and becomes a Strategist in his own right and friends with Shikamaru.
* DefectorFromDecadence: The Snow ruler changes sides in one of the final battles as he was more of a WellIntentionedExtremist who sought to end the squabbling of the land by unifying it and joined with the Jashinists. Upon seeing what they have planned after they destroy a defenseless village. He switches sides, and helps win the battle that turned the war in their favor.
* DemotedToExtra: This happens in a way to Akatsuki as Pein refuses to get involved in the war despite [[spoiler: Hidan's betrayal]] and uses the organization to spy on what is going on with the War. This however, enables them to capture Yugito and extract the Two Tailed Cat. And during the final battle he himself appears and [[OneManArmy wipes out an entire army numbering over five thousand.]]
* DisneyDeath: Happens to a number of people at times in the story [[spoiler: Keiji, Haku, and Muta.]] All survive and at the end of the story [[spoiler: Muta]] reappears at Akatsuki wearing their cloak and having taken Hidan's place in the organization.
* DoorStopper: It's got nearly 90 chapters to it, The Author claimed he stopped and went to work on a sequel was cause it had gotten too long and he hadn't reached Shippuden.
* EmpathicWeapon: Muta Daidouji's Nodachi is an enchanted weapon designed to fight Demons that glows blue whenever it senses the presence of a Jinchuurki and Bijuu. The closer it is to one the stronger it glows taking the form of fire on it. After being stabbed once by it [[spoiler: Kyuubi can be heard growling]] remembering the wound that had been given to him.
* EnemyMine: Orochimaru is reluctant to agree to an alliance with Tsunade and Konoha during the Fourth Shinobi War but is forced to do so as it'd be the only shot they'd have defeating The Jashinists. Gradually at the end, He, Her, and Jiraiya are at respectable terms.
** Laps into WeAreStrugglingTogether as many of the Leaf such as Anko, Ibiki, and others don't trust him and the Sound Ninjas.
* FakingTheDead: [[spoiler: Orochimaru does this making the reader believed he has died due to poison to lure a Jashin force into attacking while he uses that opportunity to ambush the main camp.]]
* FedToTheBeast: Pein attempts this on Orochimaru when he first joins Akatsuki, sending him down a trap door into a pit where a Dragon is waiting. Naturally since it happened in the Third chapter it doesn't work.
* FromNobodyToNightmare: [[BigBad Keiji Sosano]] was a powerful person in his own right during the Chunin Exams around the Upper Chunin level, but after reclaiming his rings and given a powerup from a ritual, he becomes much more powerful and in the final battle is able to go toe to toe with Orochimaru and have the advantage.
* FogOfDoom: Keiji's final plan is this to [[spoiler: Charge up a Crystal that produces a mist that brainwashes people into becoming followers of Jashin.]]
* GoGoEnslavement: Tayuya is forced to be a captive during one mission and much to her irritation she is forced to wear [[ReturnOfTheJedi Leia's Slave costume]]
* HeelFaceTurn: Orochimaru, WordOfGod stated that he did this because there was so many with Sasuke, Itachi, and others that he wanted to do something that few would do or think about doing.
* HeroicBSOD: [[spoiler: Orochimaru]] goes into one when it appears that [[spoiler: Naruto]] is put into a coma like state during the attack on Konoha. [[spoiler: Naruto]] also goes into one when [[spoiler: Haku]] is believed to have been killed accidentally by [[spoiler: Sasuke]] in the war.
* HoistByHisOwnPetard: Keiji is defeated and killed by Naruto and Orochimaru when [[spoiler: Naruto shatters the crystal that he has formed that released a mist that brainwashed anyone it touched and releases all the chakra stored inside some of it Naruto's own he had drained of]] and it consumes and destroys him and The Jashinists ending the war.
* ICallItVera: Muta Daidouji, an Akatsuki agent who becomes Naruto's main rival and enemy in the Story, is given a Nodachi that is enchanted and created to fight Jinchuurki and nullify their powers. He calls it Satsugaisha No Kitsune, which translates to Slayer of Foxes.
** LostInTranslation: Actually, anyone with a decent knowledge of Japanese will tell you it translates to [[EpicFail "Fox of Slayers"]].
* MakeWrongWhatOnceWentRight: [[spoiler: Hidan tries this, attemtping to go back in time and kill Infant Naruto and see to it that Kyuubi destroys Konoha. Thankfully, Orochimaru manages to stop him.]]
* ManOnFire: Shinjiro, an Akatsuki agent sent to capture Naruto who specializes in fire Jutsu [[spoiler: Sets himself on fire after losing to Naruto in the Chunin Exams to avoid telling him why they are after him.]] And he does this while laughing all the while until nothing is left.
* MercyKill: Tayuya does this to Oboro in The Forest of Death.
* MindRape: Itachi does this to Orochimaru making him witness Kyuubi being sealed into Naruto hundreds of times using the Mangekyo Sharingan when they fight early in the story. Hidan tries this as well but it leads into a ShutUpHannibal.
* MythologyGag: If you know your history of Japan you'll recognize the final battle at Sekigahara and The [[BigBad Jashinists]] blatantly take up positions in the East which Tokugawa won from. Averted however [[spoiler: as unlike in history their key allies this time defect to the Western side of the field and help The Shinobi Alliance defeat them.]]
* PapaWolf: Orochimaru
* RingOfPower: [[BigBad Keiji Sosano]] wields eight rings that Jashin poured his chakra into when he was alive and grant him multiple powers. Many readers have noted the similarities between them and the rings worn by ComicBook/IronMan nemesis The Mandarin.
* RoyalsWhoActuallyDoSomething: Naruto at times is referred to as Prince of Otogakure. He still leads from the front and often the first in the fight. His father is no slouch either.
** The Kages all of them are shown taking part in The Fourth Shinobi War. Either devising plans or taking part in battles.
* [[MamaBear Sister Bear]]: Anko is one for Naruto as many learn not to hurt him when she's around. When she confronts Orochimaru in the Forest of Death instead of being in fear she threatens to kill him if he doesn't tell her where Naruto is.
* ShoutOut: Yujo Shouhei a Akatsuki agent who inflitrates the chunin exams and uses mainly Taijutsu uses five jutsus that transform him into a humanoid mixture of a centipede, lizard, scorpion, toad, or snake. The special powers he gets from them are a clear reference to the FiveDeadlyVenoms.
** The song used in the Chapter when Naruto and Haku become BloodBrothers is based off the one used in the first episode of the Original RomanceOfTheThreeKingdoms Series that plays when Liu Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei swear their oath.
* SuperPowerLottery: [[TheRival Muta Daidouji]] hates Naruto cause of this, part of him cause he believes that without Kyuubi he is nothing and its only cause of it that he is strong and attracts people to him whilst he had to fight his whole life to get where he was. When he is told that Naruto possesses the power to change the world he vows to kill him and show everyone that he can change the world as well.
* TakeThat: Done by Orochimaru who created a move called the Kurai (Dark) Rasengan to mock Minato and his own Rasengan as they had been rivals. It's done and formed exactly the same way and Naruto winds up learning both Minato's and his version of it.
* TakeUpMySword: Zabuza in Spirit Form passes over his BFS Zanbato to Haku at his grave when Haku visits it when he returns to Wave. In a way, Sasuke takes The [[ShockandAwe Kiba Blades]] from Raiga Kurosuki but he was already dead.
* TakingYouWithMe: The Jashinists are fond of doing this, about to be beaten? They reveal explosive tags on their person and light them off taking their enemy with them. One went UpToEleven having a C4 strapped across his body which he activated killing [[spoiler: Sakon]] and [[spoiler: Ukon.]]
* TheMillstone: Danzo becomes this during the Fourth Shinobi War, being a burden on them and telling Konoha they should drop out of The War due to his hatred of Orochimaru. He even decides to [[KickTheDog not send supplies to Kabuto and others thus leading to their defeat and several deaths.]]
* TookALevelInKindness: Unlike Canon Orochimaru is portrayed in a more positive light, caring deeply for his son and having loved Kushina. The Entire Sound Village is also portrayed better as well as Naruto becomes friends with many including [[FieryRedHead Tayuya]] who he is ShipTease with and others and when not on missions are seen as pretty laid back characters who are loyal to the man who took them off the streets and gave them a home.
* WellIntentionedExtremist: The Snow Ruler allies with The Jashinists siding with them because he believes they have the best chance at uniting the land and stopping the feuding ninja wars. It isn't until later that he realizes he's wrong about them.
* WhamEpisode: Chapter 39, Orochimaru defeats Sarutobi but finds his victory hallow as [[spoiler: He reveals as he dies after using the Shingami to disrupt Edo Tensei that he was the one who told Minato to seal Kyuubi into Naruto and regretted doing so to him as everytime he looked into his eyes he saw his father staring back at him and his fear that he would use Naruto as a weapon made him banish him. Konoha is nearly destroyed in the attack and Naruto and Gaara are forced to work together to defeat Keiji. Then Muta appears and stabs Naruto with his blade nearly killing him and Sound pulls out and retreats and Kakashi, Anko, Jiraiya, and the others of The Leaf Village can only watch on at the end.]]
** Chapter 61, The Alliance of Sound and Konoha manage to get to Iwagakure and are at their gates and look to bring an end to the war before it begins. However they receive reports that Konoha is under attack and then it switches to Akatsuki and Pein discovers that Hidan has betrayed them and joined The Jashinists.
* WhatTheHellHero: Orochimaru snaps at Jiraiya and Tsunade when they have their reunion and [[spoiler: Naruto]] needs to be healed by her. Asking them why didn't they look after him when he was growing up and needed somebody, criticizing them over going off on their [[LovableSexManiac pursuits]] and going off gambling.
** Mitsunari Chono the ruler of Snow calls out the Kages and Sannins claiming that its because of them and the frequent rivalries and feuds between clans and countries that the Elemental Nations are at constant war and the people are suffering.
* WorldOfCardboardSpeech: Kakashi and others give one to Lu Xiaong after defeating him, telling him despite his great strength he had no one who could protect and fight with him, that the fact he relied only on himself is the reason why he is [[spoiler: dying.]]
* XanatosGambit: Keiji convinces and tempts Kumogakure to attack Suna in exchange for getting them The Byakugan. If they succeed, Suna is destroyed and that's one less enemy. If they fail, [[spoiler: Which they do]] he still manages to have his men get A Dragon's Claw that was hidden in The Tombs Of The Kazekages which was what he was really after.
* YouAreNotAlone: When Naruto is at his lowest point due to the above Breaking Speech and lashing out at everyone and everything, all the people he's met and befriended including [[spoiler: Kushina]] appear before him reminding him that he is never alone and gives him the strength and courage to confront Keiji.