A FanFic based on VideoGame/PokemonBlackAndWhite , but with a twist: it tells the story as seen from one of Black's Pokémon, a Glaceon named Boreas. It can be found [[http://apenpaap.deviantart.com/art/Adventures-of-a-Glaceon-Ch-1-207558875 here]] and [[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6964056/1/The_Surprising_Adventures_of_a_Glaceon_in_Unova here]].
!!List of tropes appearing in ''The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova'':
* AddedAlliterativeAppeal: the chapter titles do this occasionally: Dire Difficulties at the Daycare, Pursuit of Plasma, The Stolen Skull, Rolling Rocks, and Of Trapped Tails, Crazy Corvids, and Fencing Friends
* AnIcePerson: Boreas, obviously. I mean, he's a Glaceon.
* AntiHero: Boreas is a type 2.
* AnyoneCanDie: [[spoiler: After chapter 38...]]
* TheBigGuy: Lucius.
* BreatherEpisode: Part seven (chapters 43-49) gives a very well-deserved break after the DarkerAndEdgier part six. Also Chapter 12, appropriately named "Repose", is about the characters taking a vacation of a month after the battling against Team Plasma during the chapters before it and some light romance.
* ChivalrousPervert: Boreas, Aqua, and Black are this on occasion.
* Cloudcuckoolander: Selene the Murkrow. Burgh and N also count.
* CharacterDevelopment: At the beginning of the flashback, Boreas is a very childish young Eevee with a big trauma due to his family's DeathByOriginStory. By now, he has grown up a lot (though he occasionally has his lapses of childishness) and has had closure for his family's death.
* CombatPragmatist: Boreas. He frequently used underhanded tactics, like throwing macaroni into his opponent's eyes or taking the enemy trainer hostage to force him to surrender.
* DarkerAndEdgier: Compared to the original games. The main characters occasionally battle the Seven Sages, who all seem to be around Ghetsis' power level and shoot to kill.
** Part six (chapters 36-42) compared to the rest of the fic.
* DeathByOriginStory: Boreas' family. Also, Aqua's boyfriend Lothario, who was killed by human hunters.
* DistractedByTheSexy: Boreas often has trouble concentrating when talking to Aqua.
* TheDragon: Diego, to Ghetsis. It's even pointed out by chapter 50's title "Day of the Dragons". Notice that dragon'''s''' is plural, while the only literal dragon important to the chapter is Zekrom. But the chapter also features a big fight scene with Diego.
* EyeScream: In chapter 16 Boreas blinds an enemy Crawdaunt by digging his claws into its eyes.
* FriendVersusLover: Boreas and Toxica fight over Octa.
* FriendlyTickleTorture: Between Boreas and Aqua in chapter 24, leading to an AlmostKiss.
* GroinAttack: Boreas used this on Diego, N's Zoroark, during their battle.
* HeroicSacrifice: [[spoiler: Capella, to save Boreas' life.]]
* HeterosexualLifePartners: Boreas and Octa.
* HurricaneOfEuphemisms: In chapter 29:
-> "I kissed her! She kissed me! We snogged, osculated, smooched, made out! Whatever you want to call it, the result is the same: we kissed."
* ImprovisedWeapon: Boreas' plans frequently use these. So far, he's used macaroni, soup, stalactites, and shattered plastic tables.
* InMediasRes: The story begins roughly in the middle, and most of it so far is a flashback.
* Jerkass: Lucius.
* KickTheDog: Diego, N's Zoroark, hangs Boreas by his tail from a metal scaffolding for a whole night when he defeats him.
* KilledOffForReal: [[spoiler:Poor Capella...]]
** [[spoiler: Boreas himself in chapter 76.]]
* TheLancer: Octa is this to Boreas, though Boreas has more of the traditional Lancer traits while Octa has more of the traditional Hero traits.
* ManOnFire: Boreas gets set on fire during chapter 11.
* MistakenForGay: Lucius often mistakes Boreas and Octa for gay. Or he's just being a Jerkass.
* [[spoiler: NeverFoundTheBody]]: [[spoiler: Zeph]]
* OnlyKnownByTheirNickname: Octa, whose full name is Octavianus.
* [[spoiler:OnlyMostlyDead]]: [[spoiler: Zeph ]]
** [[spoiler: Or not.]]
* QuintessentialBritishGentleman: Octa. Only the monocle and top hat miss, and he actually wears those in the Pokémon musical.
* RedOniBlueOni: Boreas and Octa. A slight subversion in that Boreas is the more intelligent of the two, though Octa is more knowledgeable and usually more sensible.
* RunningGag: Black not understanding what his Pokémon say and Lucius mistaking Octa and Boreas for gay. Boreas using GroinAttacks on Diego also seems to become one.
* SacrificialLion: [[spoiler: Capella. She]] gets a lot of character depth and [[spoiler:her]] friendship with Boreas becomes very important to him before [[spoiler:she]] is suddenly killed off.
* SesquipedalianLoquaciousness: Octa. Frequently Lampshaded.
* UpperClassWit: Octa
* VillainousFriendship: TheDragon Diego regards TheBigBad Ghetsis as his friend. Whether it is mutual or Ghetsis is just acting isn't shown.
* WhatTheHellHero: [[spoiler: Toxica]] gives an EPIC one to [[spoiler: Octa]] come Chapter 52.