A most amusing and innovative account of the myriad adventures of an 18th-century rapscallion and rogue whose quotidian missives are "posted" on the "Inter-net" in the form of one of the notorious and scandalous "weblogues".
In other words, think Jane Austen meets ''DennisTheMenaceUS''. Designed to be funny and witty, and to make ''Dennis the Menace'' enjoyable (and make Dennis a menace) again, even if that means warping the characters into nasty, nasty grown-ups. Additionally, many of the the supporting characters are from other comics or literature. Based, very loosely, on [[http://joshreads.com/?p=1218 this]] ''TheComicsCurmudgeon'' bit.
Unfortunately, it's been at a dead stop since September of 2008. It isn't hopeless; he went quiet from late December of 2007 to August of 2008, as well, so he may come back.
It can be found [[http://menacinghouse.blogspot.com/ here]].
!!This work provides examples of:
* CharacterBlog: All of the entries are told in the first person; the "cover story" is that they're excerpts from Dennis' memoirs written years later.
* DeadpanSnarker: Dennis himself.
* DidntSeeThatComing: One of Dennis' schemes seems to work perfectly, [[spoiler:but a totally logical chain of events ends up with Dennis losing a fortune and locked in a French prison]]. Cue the trope title.
* LoveableRogue: Dennis
* TheMark: [[spoiler:Sir Julius]], [[spoiler:Edward Mills]]
* TheMunchausen: Dennis
* RegencyEngland: The entries currently take place in 1794, although there's references to later periods in Dennis' life.
* RichBitch: Margaret
* ShoutOut: ''Tons,'' from ''WesternAnimation/BatmanTheAnimatedSeries'' to ''Film/ThePrincessBride''.
* UpperClassTwit: Joe [=MacDonald=]
* TheVicar: Dr. Staneglass
* ZanyScheme: Most of Dennis' plans to enrich himself or, better, his friends fall into this category.