A most amusing and innovative account of the myriad adventures of an 18th-century rapscallion and rogue whose quotidian missives are "posted" on the "Inter-net" in the form of one of the notorious and scandalous "weblogues".
In other words, think Jane Austen meets ''ComicStrip/DennisTheMenaceUS''. Designed to be funny and witty, and to make ''Dennis the Menace'' enjoyable (and make Dennis a menace) again, even if that means warping the characters into nasty, nasty grown-ups. Additionally, many of the the supporting characters are from other comics or literature. Based, very loosely, on [[http://joshreads.com/?p=1218 this]] ''TheComicsCurmudgeon'' bit.
Unfortunately, it's been at a dead stop since September of 2008. It isn't hopeless; he went quiet from late December of 2007 to August of 2008, as well, so he may come back.
It can be found [[http://menacinghouse.blogspot.com/ here]].
!!This work provides examples of:
* CharacterBlog: All of the entries are told in the first person; the "cover story" is that they're excerpts from Dennis' memoirs written years later.
* DeadpanSnarker: Dennis himself.
* DidntSeeThatComing: One of Dennis' schemes seems to work perfectly, [[spoiler:but a totally logical chain of events ends up with Dennis losing a fortune and locked in a French prison]]. Cue the trope title.
* LoveableRogue: Dennis
* TheMark: [[spoiler:Sir Julius]], [[spoiler:Edward Mills]]
* TheMunchausen: Dennis
* RegencyEngland: The entries currently take place in 1794, although there's references to later periods in Dennis' life.
* RichBitch: Margaret
* ShoutOut: ''Tons,'' from ''WesternAnimation/BatmanTheAnimatedSeries'' to ''Film/ThePrincessBride''.
* UpperClassTwit: Joe [=MacDonald=]
* TheVicar: Dr. Staneglass
* ZanyScheme: Most of Dennis' plans to enrich himself or, better, his friends fall into this category.