OnceUponATime, a girl named Kelsey was babysitting her little cousin emma, and was bored out of her mind. Then they got a disney dvd which sent them on an adventure they would never forget.
A year later, Kelsey's brother Rob accidentally found the DVD, and Kelsey and Emma must find their old friends, forge new alliances, and face down [[LegionOfDoom the greatest collection of disney villains ever assembled]] and 1 human teen.
Written by [[https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1360434/talking2myself talking2myself]], The Great Disney Adventure Saga is a series of 3 (eventually to be 4) fanfictions focusing on Kelsey and Emma's misadventures in TheKingdom, in a CrisisCrossover years in the making. While technically an InsertFic to a degree, it's still a well written series with few rules on timing or movies "off limits" to the series.
* ActionGirl: Kelsey definitely qualifies as this as she finds a will to swordfight whenever she can. Elizabeth is a more conventional choice, and Mulan falls under this category as well.
* BlatantLies: Kelsey tells Megara a completely fictional story of a boyfriend who cheated on her in order to encourage her.
* TheCameo: too many to mention, but one of the more obvious examples was a mention of [[TheNightmareBeforeChristmas Halloween Town]].
* CharacterDevelopment: Over the course of the story, all the OC's go through some of this, from Kelsey softening, to Emma growing up, to Rob gaining self confidence.
* ClapYourHandsIfYouBelieve: Part of the magic of the kingdom is believing in something enough will let it work. This also proves to be Kelsey's final challenge the first time she came there.
* DarkerAndEdgier: The sequels compared to the original, with a team of evil villains of much greater threat, the darker movies of the canon like Hunchback being explored, and an actual [[spoiler: Death of Kelsey]].
* DisneyDeath: What do you expect? It's a disney world. So this happens quite a bit with characters being near death before being healed or being revealed as ok.
* EarnYourHappyEnding: Both trips to the kingdom fall under this, as the first trip was a tough slog to reach the door, and the second journey is all about stopping the villain alliance.
* FairyGodmother: Sophia, the fussiest fairy godmother ever.
** TheHero: Kelsey. She leads the group by force of will.
** TheLancer: Jack Sparrow. The secondary mover of the group, and the one with the most sword skill overall.
** CoDragons: Will Turner and Sophia. Not exactly as directed as Jack, but still helps lead the adventures.
** TheChick: Emma. Not combat able, but still able to help in her own way from time to time.
** SixthRanger: Sophia is the closest thing to this
* GoodIsNotNice: All of the heroes have this to a degree, with Kelsey and Jack being the standouts for being cynical, mean and pragmatic.
* GuestStarPartyMember: So many including Ariel, Hercules, Stitch, Jumbaa, Pleakley and Tarzan.
* GuileHero: As she isn't a great fighter or spellcaster, Kelsey and Emma rely on this in order to survive.
* HeroicBSOD: The heroes fall into this when [[spoiler: Kelsey is eaten by the Kracken]].
* TheKingdom: This disney world is referred to as The Kingdom. Amusingly, each of the princesses has their own kingdoms that function as this trope much more.
* KnightInSourArmor: Kelsey. She doesn't really believe in the disney conventions, but she still has a big heart, and would easily fight for the right when push comes to shove.
* LegionOfDoom: The Thirteen of the second to fourth books. A legion of 13 different disney villains with all their minions and influences under their control. With unexpected events during the time, their numbers have been as low as 10 sometimes, but never over 14. (because of their ManBehindTheMan)
* LoadsAndLoadsOfCharacters: The whole Disney animated canon and live action canon are fair game for this fic, so there's plenty of people to see and encounter.
* OurHeroIsDead: [[Kelsey dies fighting the kracken with Jack, and as of now, is MIA despite being the main character]].
* TheStationsOfTheCanon: Played with, defied and twisted. Sometimes they're present, sometimes they get skipped or worked an alternative way.
* TomatoSurprise: [[spoiler: Kelsey was NOT in Davy Jones's locker]].
* UnwittingInstigatorOfDoom: Kelsey Unwittingly messes up several disney movies in her travels. Some intentionally, some not so much.
* WhamLine: "Jack, who are you talking to?" And with that, we find out that [[spoiler: Kelsey wasn't in Davy Jones's Locker]]
* YouCantFightFate: Unless an outsider messes with it, the Disney movies proceed exactly as they would, including Ariel losing her voice to ursula.