''After giving some thought to the matter, Zeke decided to make a wiki article about recent events to help keep track of things. True, the Internet proper was beyond his reach, but he could at least put it out on the school network.''
''The Games We Play'' is the primary story on a fictionblog called [[http://arcanegods.wordpress.com/ Arcane Gods]]. The story is, essentially, a ''[[MagicTheGathering Magic: The Gathering]]'' FanFic, in which a certain college is spontaneously transported to another plane. Almost immediately, the already powerful ''[[DungeonsAndDragons Dungeons & Dragons]]'' Club becomes an important faction in this new world.
Written primarily by a few actual members of the actual college's actually influential actual D&D club.
Usually updates twice a week, if they can help it.
!!This work contains examples of:
* AbsurdlyPowerfulStudentCouncil - The D&D club is not the only power in the school, but is roughly on par with the actual school administration. Of course, since this is a college in an otherwise uninhabited world, who is actually running the school isn't really that important...
* AllLovingHero - Nick is willing to work himself nearly to death to take some of the load off of everyone else's shoulders.
* BalefulPolymorph - Zeke [[spoiler:nearly ends up doing this to himself, and has to hijack his own spell to mitigate the effect down to something more favorable.]]
* FaceHeelTurn - [[spoiler:Fallor.]]
* WishFulfillment - A bunch of MTG fans get transported into the main MTG universe. They're all based on real people, a few of whom are the authors.