-->''[[PurpleProse With mild trepidation, dark-natured cosmic tangents scissored, crossed, folded into vexatious concisions, as boundless as the sea, the spiraling rubical blood nimbus cut asunder by the long lady fingers of morning sunshine. Time tick-tocked steadily against the corridors and the clean-shaven mammals inside, inefficient mouths murmured, articulating half-true sentiments that held no bearing for the concession of death, rebirth, ashes to ashes, legs valiantly pumping, throttling the tiled white with overbearing pomposity.]]''\\
-- The opening lines. Overbearing pomposity indeed.
''[[https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=12o0GdN_lcYJpONYcVG-3G7knPazr3wCiW61KkgtA39Q Spacedust and Chaos: A Requiem]]'' by Chuck Williamson is a short ''Anime/NeonGenesisEvangelion'' fanfic in which [[SlashFic Rei and Asuka get it on.]] This in itself is nothing notable or unusual. What distinguishes this fic is its... ''interesting'' writing style, of which a sample can be seen above. It continues in a similar vein for a few thousand words in which there's some shagging, and some other stuff happens, and it ends with, well, [[MindScrew figure it out yourself.]]
!! ''Spacedust and Chaos: A Requiem'' includes examples of:
* LampshadeHanging: "Overbearing pomposity" - probably unintentional.
* MindScrew: This fic makes its [[Anime/NeonGenesisEvangelion source material]] look positively tame.
* ObviousBeta: The sudden shift into ScriptFic and back more than slightly resembles the way first drafts often go.
* ScriptFic: Inexplicably shifts into one of these halfway through.
* WordSaladTitle: Unless the "chaos" bit refers to the writing style.