->''Smash Generation grew bigger than we thought it would be, and to be honest, we were overwhelmed. But we keep trying, because there are people out there who want to know how it will end.''
-->-- ''Axann, the other writer''
''Smash Generation'' is a ''SuperSmashBrothers'' [[FanFic fanfiction]] by Chrislma and her best friend Axann. There were two others, too, but they left and everyone hates them now.
There are two arcs so far.
The first one depicts the adventure of the children of the Main Characters from the year of 2029, however things soon become similar to the events of the Subspace Emissary. They are attacked by their enemy, Captain P, who turns out to be a future Smasher. Later, it centers one chapter each to one group of Smashers and what's going on around with them. There's almost never a Filler.
Captain P comes from 2029 to eliminate the Smashers so that he can rid himself of the Smash Generation in the future, although when you look at it, his plan is pretty stupid. The Smashers want to get rid of him and fix the timeline so that it can be the way that it is supposed to be.
The fun part is figuring out which Smash Generation member is the future child of which Smashers.
The second arc, just released as ''Smash Generation 2: The Alternate Universe'', seems to take place in the alternate universe created due to the events of the last one, focusing primarily on newcomer [[ProfessorLayton Luke Triton]]. As there's only two chapters so far, it's hard to tell the plot of this one.
The story is named after the group themselves.
It can be read [[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5260886/1/Smash_Generation here]].
Has two [[SpinOff spin offs]], ''Chrislma in Wasteland'', and the ''Aethour Oneshots''. Only ''Chrislma in Wasteland'' is released.
Unfortunately, it has not been updated for some time. A fan recently stated that she is planning to remake it.
!!The Smash Generation provides examples of:
* AbsurdlySharpBlade: Ike, Link, Marth, Shaun, Ephraim...The list goes on.
* [[spoiler: AcquiredPoisonImmunity: Shaun, apparently.]]
* AddictionDisplacement: Snake with his cigarettes. He doesn't light them anymore, but he still places it in his mouth.
** It could have something to do with the fact that Samus was pregnant at the time with Dakota.
* AirVentPassageway: This is how Midna went to see who was in the Mansion.
** It's also how Pear, Riley, BJ and Popo evaded escape.
* [[spoiler: AllForNothing]] Probably done on purpose.
* AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs: The Slash Elite with the Smash Mansion.
** And then the Smashers gaining control of the Slash Elite base.
* AlternateContinuity: The whole thing has its own timeline of when everything happened.
** "Love is Smash", the fanfic by Suki Fairy of this series, is an alternate continuity as well.
* AlternateTimeline: The promised sequels. One happened.
** Smash Generation 2 takes place in Sedaindo X.
* AlwaysSomeoneBetter: The writers have stated that Zel feels this way towards both her brothers. This is supported by the fact that [[spoiler: she switched places with her [[HalfIdenticalTwins twin brother]] because she felt she would be no help]]. Also, Link may have felt this after getting outsmarted by Toon Link once.
** Toon Link and Young Link to Link, as well. Link was just outsmarted once.
* ApologeticAttacker: The writers have stated that Tad does this. However, this has not been seen yet in the actual story.
* ApologizesALot: Tad and Chrislma
* AtomicFBomb: While not a big one, Shaun does yell out a censored version [[spoiler: upon seeing Dakota alive and well.]]
* AttendingYourOwnFuneral: It can be assumed that [[spoiler: Captain P]] at least witnessed it from the shadows.
** [[spoiler: Confirmed.]]
* AuthorAppeal: Axann likes twin characters and Chrislma likes stoic males and excited female characters. On top of that, they are planning a newcomer to appear that appeals to them both, but haven't said anything except that.
** To make this even more noticeable, Chrislma ''kidnaps'' the Shaymin that lives peacefully in the gardens.
*** It is later revealed to be her pet in ''Chrislma in Wasteland''...
* AuthorAvatar: All four of the original writers of ''Smash Generation'' inserted themselves into an alternate world, along with one of their friends. They each take forms that apply to their favourite games or characters, and indirectly interfere with the events of the story. [[spoiler: The two that ditched the writing of it were recorded in the beginning of the new arc to have died due to visiting the completely evil Sedaindo Y. However, it's confirmed that the two avatars will be making appearances in ''Chrislma in Wasteland''...]]
* BadassAdorable: Toon Link, Young Link, Lucas, Ness, Pear, Riley...
* BadassArmy: When the Smash Generation attack Hagane in the Smash Mansion. They all just had to attack once.
** The Smashers.
* BadassDriver: Captain Falcon and Ensign
* BaddieFlattery: Mizu Gogyou to Shaun Greil. She even scared Sonic doing this.
** Kuroi to Shiroi [[spoiler: ???]]
* BelatedBackstory: [[spoiler: Zelda]] being Shaun's mother. Although everyone saw it coming.
** Shiroi counts as well.
** [[spoiler: The Aethours. Their backstory is apparently coming up...]]
* BewareTheNiceOnes: Dakota had been revealed as a nice, kind girl. Then she began to badmouth Captain Falcon. And then she bashed a guy's balls. Yeah...
** Shaun Greil in Chapter 21.
** Also Link.
** Axann upon finding out Chrislma was missing completely scared her companions.
** [[spoiler: Apparently, '''Chrislma'''. Whether or not this is true has yet to be confirmed.]]
* BilingualDialogue: Commonly and constantly stated that Snake and K.K. are one of the few that understand Marth, as he speaks Japanese, however, this is also inverted, as we, the readers, also understanding him, as every other language is translated and put in a different text style. Japanese is in brackets, Pokemon speech is in brackets and in italics, and all powerful deities are put in bold. Unforunately, the authors don't have that luxury.
* BondOneLiner: "As long as you don't." [[spoiler: Shaun]].
** After [[spoiler: Mizu]]'s "I hate you brats... I have no regrets."
* BloodSplatteredInnocents: Cain had the unfortunate displeasure of [[spoiler: seeing a man kill her own father before her own eyes]].
** Toon Link. [[spoiler: He's been attacked by a giant bird, nearly eaten by Molgera, and in the future, goes ''crazy'', to the point he kills Marth and joins the bad guys, and once that is all done, demands Samze that she shoot him]]!
* BookcasePassage: The entrance to the Secret Basement (That everyone knows about). It was seen again in the new episode!
** Vio used one of these to escape Captain P.
* BookWorm: Zel, Maven, and possibly Shaun.
** Obviously Shiroi. She's clearly a studier.
** Luke Triton and Professor Hershel Layton.
* BornWinner: The entirety of the Smash Generation. Possibly.
* BreakOutTheMuseumPiece: If Dakota's weapons were taken away, she'd still have ''a can of pepper spray''.
** Vio used Blue's hammer.
** A ''net'' was used by Snake and the Vocaloids to capture a running away Chrislma recently.
* BrickJoke: Resetti tells Axann to stop playing EpicMickey in the first chapter of Smash Generation 2. Epic Mickey will later result in the spin off Chrislma in Wasteland.
* CatchPhrase: Shaun's "Shut Up" (sometimes with an added "Dakota"), Kirby's "Poyo!" and Yoshi's "yoshi".
** They're trying to make Shaymin a catchphrase as well. "I appreciate this trope!"
* CharacterTics: Although it isn't shown often, Shaun faceplams himself.
** Toon Link's coughing.
*** [[spoiler: Not anymore...]]
* CharacterizationMarchesOn: Quite a number of the Smash Generation, more notably, ''Maven''.
** Axann didn't earn her usual newspaper reading position until halfway through Smash Generation 1.
* ChefOfIron: Peach.
* ChekhovsSkill: [[spoiler: The planned ending will involve this.]]
** [[spoiler: Toon Link's ''skull hammer'' and ''deku leaf'' made an appearance.]]
* CoolStarship: Vixen ''steals'' the [[VideoGame/StarFox Great Fox]]. So, technically the Great Fox.
** Tad's had to steal the Halberd before.
* CurbStompBattle: Against Hagane.
* DisneyDeath: [[spoiler: Toon Link in the Twilight Temple. Although... it seems that the fairies revived him.]]
** [[spoiler: Everyone that died in 21 were brought back in the next chapter.]]
** Vio. [[spoiler: Who, despite the fact that he shouldn't exist in Sedaindo X... does anyway.]]
* DramaBomb: [[spoiler: Molgera nearly killing Toon Link in the Temple of Twilight]], when everything had been going so ''swell'', too.
** And now Chapter 21, where [[spoiler: Lance, Tad, Rinku, Zel and ''Dakota'' die.]]
* EvenEvilHasStandards: Shiroi Karasu. [[spoiler: She ''walked off'' in the middle of a battle when Link smashed her in the head]].
** [[spoiler: And Vio, who never really was a villain but appeared to be. Shiroi was obviously his assistant as well.]]
* FakeDefector [[spoiler: The whole premise of Vio's plan of finally allowing Green's dead brother to rest in peace.]]
* FairyCompanion: The three fairies Navi, Tallys and Tsukiko.
* HalfIdenticalTwins: Zel and Maven, clearly.
** [[FireEmblem Ephraim and Eirika]], but they don't exactly look like each other, do they...?
*** Plus Eirika's kids with Seth. If Aine and Aden are really twins.
** Aera and Raven.
** [[spoiler: Chrislma was announced to have a twin brother. He hasn't been seen in the fanfic yet, though.]]
*** [[spoiler: His picture is up on both the wiki and the ''Chrislma in Wasteland'' wiki. ''They look NOTHING alike''.]]
* HammerSpace: Just where did Toon Link pull the [[spoiler: Skull Hammer]] out of??
* HeroicBSOD: Mario, [[spoiler: after finding out that Dr. Mario dies in a ''year'']]. Didn't help that they were in a middle of a battle.
** Shaun Greil, after [[spoiler: Dakota is ''killed off''....]]
* HeyThatsMyLine! Shaun's "Shut Up" can be said by everyone and everything. The only person that points out that it's Shaun's line is Pear...
* InfoDump: Chapter Nine and Ten. Chapter Nine contained information about the alternate world the [[AuthorAvatar Aethoureises]] stay in and the world that the Smashers lived in, and Chapter Ten [[spoiler: revealed Captain P's true identity and what he did to become evil]].
* InformedSelfDiagnosis: [[spoiler: Possibly Dr. Mario when he had a cancer]].
* KillTheOnesYouLove: Marth. Question now? Who killed him.
** [[spoiler: Toon Link did it, he was just Vio at the time.]]
* LastSecondChance: [[spoiler: Possibly Captain P.]]
* LinkedListClueMethodology: Played with. [[spoiler: Mario, BJ, Justin and Mewtwo have to awaken Ancient Hand just to find out there's another Hand to awaken, and Link has to go find three fairies]]. Ganondorf even describes ''the entire VideoGame/TheLegendOfZelda game plot'' (going through dungeons to collect relics) to come up for a reason as to why Link hadn't shown up at the Mansion yet.
* LittleProfessorDialog: The Kid Smashers at times, mostly Toon Link and Ness.
* MeaningfulName: Shiroi's name means "white", and she is the only Karasu family member with white hair and a white crow.
** The Karasu clan. "Karasu" means "crow" in Japanese. Dakota and Marth mention this.
** [[spoiler: Toon Link's alternate personalities are all named after the colour they wear. "Red", "Blue", and the one that takes over and kills Marth is called "Vio", short for 'violet'.]]
** This is played with even with Shiroi's twin sister, Kuroi.
** Interesting fact: Chrislma's name was created from a list of names that the writer likes: '''C'''arol, '''H'''annah, '''R'''achel, '''I'''sa, '''S'''asha, '''L'''yra, '''M'''aggie, '''A'''nna.
*** Gets even weirder than that. Despite the Aethours having creative names (Keish, Axann, Chrislma, Nirani, Telamchus...)... Chrislma's twin brother's name is so ''plain''. [[spoiler: It's "Elijah" of all things.]]
* MysteriousParent: Shaun's mother was [[spoiler: Zelda]], which was finally revealed in Chapter 20.
** Everyone saw it coming.
** And nearly half of the Smash Generation's parents are unknown, if not both, then one.
* NoIndoorVoice: Dakota.
** In unreleased shorts of the Aethour characters, Chrislma has been shown to be like this.
** And Nutjob Hand and Crazy Hand, but mostly Dakota. And Nutjob.
* NoodleIncident: The Smash Generation has had to hijack and steal the Halberd and the Great Fox multiple times. A desert is also mentioned at one time by Dakota when she stated they were lost (she also complained about not knowing [[spoiler: that Zel, Maven and Shaun could ask their Triforce piece for directions. She said if she had known that, she would have asked Shaun which way to go... but he was knocked out at the time, so it really wouldn't have mattered.]]
** There was apparently a time during the Aethour one shots (unreleased) where Axann mentions an incident of Chrislma's involving a bike, an aluminum can... and a pineapple pizza.
* [[spoiler: PleaseWakeUp]]
* PokemonSpeak: Only, it's ''translated'' for your convenience.
* PromotionToParent: Link.
** Axann is believed to be this to Chrislma and [[spoiler: Elijah]].
* PsychicDreamsForEveryone: Toon Link.
* PunchAWall: Averted... kind of. Dakota doesn't punch walls... she takes her anger out on ''innocent bystanders''. Like Yoshi, for example.
* ReliableTraitor: Completely Vio.
* RocksFallEveryoneDies: Well, not really everyone. This happened during the [[spoiler: explosion of the Smash Mansion]].
** And was teased with when Dakota [[spoiler: blew up the wall hiding the door to Triforce Hand]]. It was even mentioned that none of the rocks hit anyone.
* SoapOperaDisease: [[spoiler: Dr. Mario.]]
* SomethingOnlyTheyWouldSay: Apparently, Maven calls Dakota and Shaun ''lovebirds'' and this gave him away to Shiroi. Toon Link and Young Link call Link "Big Brother".
** Lance speaks in the third person. [[spoiler: However, when he's brought back from the dead, he stops this speech pattern for the rest of the arc. It came back with Smash Generation 2.]]
** Shiroi speaks rather formally, this troper doesn't believe she's ever seen Shiroi use "don't", "can't" or "doesn't".
* TeensAreMonsters: Dakota, anyone? She's not exactly evil, but...
** Possibly Shaun, too.
*** DEFINITELY Shaun.
** And Vixen.
** And possibly Maven.
** [[spoiler: And Toon Link from the future.]]
* TelevisuallyTransmittedDisease: Multiple Personality Disorder (now called Dissociative Identity Disorder) is rare, but Toon Link has it. He got it [[spoiler: after pulling out the Four Sword, and after that, one of them took over.]]
* TwinSwitch: Zel and Maven
* [[spoiler: TwistEnding]] [[spoiler: Not so much as a twist ending, as we are all sure the series is going to end badly.]]
** [[spoiler: Supposedly the sequel doesn't have a very good ending. Apparently, the bad guys are ruthless, and it's taking place in the ''good future''...]]
* TwoGuysAndAGirl: Rinku, Zel and Maven.
** Rinku, Zel and Gavin (The Triforce Trio)
** Dakota, K.K., Marth
** Averted with Chrislma, Axann and Telemachus/Mr Resetti, where it's two girls and a guy.
* WhoTheHellIsBeth: There are thirty-three members of the Smash Generation, only about three quarters have been introduced.
* TheWoobie: Toon Link.
!!The Side Tracks provide examples of:
* WeCanRuleTogether (In a hilarious parody of the famous "No, Luke... I ''am'' your father.")
'''It's time for Smash Generation Side Tracks!'''