''FanFic/SearchingForMyMaster'' is a crossover FanFic between ''VideoGame/ChronoCross'' and ''VideoGame/ChronoTrigger'' written by [[https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4401898/DarkHorse26 DarkHorse26]]. [= DarkHorse26 =] writes this as an attempt to explore a speculation about Guile from Chrono Cross: Guile is Alfador. This is first published in August 2014 and written in FirstPersonPerspective.
After the events of Chrono Trigger (DS ending) and Chrono Cross, Guile stays at Termina and is a frequent customer at Dragon's Tail Bar. However, he actually stays there for eavesdropping. He is hoping to earn money this way (through adventures or such). He needs money to fund his journey to find Janus, his master and his childhood friend.
Soon, Guile overhears about a fierce band of raiders called 'Radical Dreamers' lurking around the forest near to Termina. He first hopes that WantedPoster will soon by nailed on the bar, so that he can be a BountyHunter. However, he quickly concludes that this will attract many rivals, so he decides to find another way to earn money: offering his service as a bodyguard to a rich man at Termina.
But things are not as easy as it seems...
Can be read at [[http://archiveofourown.org/works/2077071/chapters/4518072 AO3]] and [[https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10591861/1/Searching-for-My-Master FFnet]]. '''''This is an ongoing series.'''''
!!Provides Examples Of (beware of unmarked spoilers for Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and the fanfic itself):
* AscendedExtra: Guile. His screen time is very minimum in the original ''VideoGame/ChronoCross'', but here, he is the main character. Plus FirstPersonPerspective.
* CliffHanger: Chapter 2 ends with Guile's rod broken in the middle of a fight.
* FirstPersonPerspective: Told in Guile's/Alfador's point of view.
* FirstPersonSmartass: Somewhat.
* LocalHangout: Dragon's Tail Bar.
* ShoutOut: [[Anime/TengenToppaGurrenLagann "Just who the hell did he think I was?"]]
* TrueCompanions: Guile (Alfador) and Janus.
* UnderestimatingBadassery: Gogh underestimates Guile and considers him to be an incompetent physical fighter. Truth? He deflects Ted's hammer attack with his rod (although he ends up breaking his own weapon for it) and can still fight after receiving a spine-crushing blow from the said hammer.
* UndyingLoyalty: The main drive of this story.