-->'"Well," the voice replied, "You know what they say, one world cup and two world wars. Now let's rid Germany of their Eurovision entrant."'
-->- Norwegian Nights
-->"It's ok," one of the PVR scientists quickly whispered to another, "It's only Kansas. The only people who care about Kansas are Kansasians themselves. And they're all dead now, so my conclusion is, that nobody cares."
This page is about the series of 'what' inducing fanfiction Norwegian Nights (and the other stories in the 'continuity' by [[http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2406258/WeelderigWaardeloos Weelderig Waardeloos]], especially the totally crazy and insane crossover Pokevision), which are centered around the EurovisionSongContest and known for [[IdiotPlot idiot plots]] in which the 'characters' just do things that make you say "lolwut". They are also famous for their [[CrossesTheLineTwice complete lack of sensitivity]], (for example, in Norwegian Nights, the Polish entrant complains that he wanted more sympathy votes as the president of Poland had just died, and in Pokevision, after the scientists accidently kill all Americans, they go into a massive diatribe which can be summed up as 'it's ok because Americans cause all wars and are evil and we hate them'), and of course, it's ability to go off at random tangents for seemingly no reason at all.
It's also known for probably being one of the only fanfictions EVER to be about the EurovisionSongContest.
The series has many stories, which all seem to follow some sort of continuity. Although many of the stories temporarily disappeared from the internet, an archive with all of them is currently up [[http://norwegiannightsarchives.angelfire.com here]].
* ANuclearError - In the sequel (sort of a sequel) Pokevision, a nuclear power plant in Kansas exploded because the scientists are playing in a Pokemon Virtual Reality when they become trapped in the game. They have to check the 'nuclear power cores' every half an hour. Shit explodes.
** After that, of course, the radiation from just that one power plant spreads into the whole of America, [[spoiler:killing every American]].
* YouFailNuclearPhysicsForever - The above.
* ArsonMurderandJaywalking - Inverted with Josh as he storms around the hotel, kicks over a few plant pots and [[spoiler:gets a gun and threatens to shoot everyone.]]
* ADayInTheLimelight - Milan Stankovic in 'From Belgrade to Zagreb'.
* BilingualBonus - The very annoying, google translated conversation between everyone in one of the later chapters of Pokevision.
* ButtMonkey - Peter Nalitch. Oh, boy...
* ConflictBall - Given to Stefan. In the first story, Giogos Alkaios, the Greek entrant, says something to Stefan along the lines of 'No you can't practise here, it's our turn now', and Stefan spends the rest of the story ranting and raving about 'how Greeks have ruined the world', getting in arguments simply because he blew the whole thing out of proportion.
** And then in Pokevision, the same as above only with Stefan and Juliana.
** It is later implied in Pokevision that Stefan is doing this on purpose to get reactions out of people.
* Crossover - Pokevision is a Pokï¿½mon/[[EurovisionSongContest Eurovision]] / [[GermanMedia Wetten... Dass?]] crossover with elements of Film/TheMatrix. Also, Narnia, and Digimon all appear at points in these stories.
* DisneyDeath - Done on a grand scale with [[spoiler:the Americans that are killed in Pokevision.]]
** But they have to live with the fact that they can never return to the real world, forever trapped in a virtual one, so I suppose it's not all good.
* DisproportionateRetribution - Represent France with an English language song? Then you deserve to have your house burnt down and to be hounded right out of the country. And don't think about going to the police for help, because they're part of that mob around your house.
* EvilBrit - Josh Dubovie and [[spoiler:Terry Wogan]]. (Implied that [[spoiler:Graham Norton]] is in on this too).
* Flanderization - Juliana is easily the most annoying character in the whole series. She is a simply stereotype of an extreme evangelical Christian, but then starts shouting abuse at the Serbian entry for being... well... Serbian. She goes from saying 'go to hell Serbian', to screaming and ranting about God every time she is less than 2 miles away from him. They do make up at the end of Norwegian Nights, although Juliana keeps her overly Christian tendencies in all the later stories.
* FlatWhat - If you didn't think 'what the hell?' after reading Norwegian Nights, you'll be thinking it after Pokevision.
* GodwinsLaw - "NO! Germany is third world!" Juliana screamed, "Germany did the Holocaust!!!! NAZIS! HITLER! Stefan you NAZI!!!! NAZIS!!!! Look what Germany has done!!! They are worthy of no redemption!!!"
* HeelFaceTurn - [[spoiler:Josh Dubovie]] in Pokevision.
* HellHotel - The hotel in the first story has only one room that locks, and the hotel staff go on vacation for seemingly no reason while a guy wanders about with a gun. Perhaps more a case of an 'idiot hotel' than this trope.
* JapanTakesOverTheWorld - [[spoiler:Almost.]]
* LastNameBasis - In Pokevision, Thomas Gottschalk is always referred to as 'Gottschalk'.
* LimitedWardrobe - The Swiss guy and his golden jacket.
* LoadsAndLoadsOfCharacters - Everyone who was in the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest is in these fics, so naturally there's loads and loads of characters.
* PoliceAreUseless - [[spoiler:Josh Dubovie]] escapes from prison as the Norwegian police force are too busy watching the Eurovision to lock the cell.
* RealPersonFic - And how.
* RobotBuddy - [[spoiler:Lena]]
* RidiculouslyHumanRobots - [[spoiler:Lena]]
* RobotGirl - [[spoiler:Lena]]
* Songfic - 'Lost and Forgotten'
* TomatoInTheMirror - Happens to [[spoiler: Lena]]
* ThrowAwayCountry - In the fourth story, Pokevision, the whole of America is nuked, but it is hardly ever mentioned afterwards and even when it is it's just glossed over as if it's nothing.
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse - What happened to Terry Wogan? He never makes an appearance throughout the whole of Pokevision.
** Given the competence of the police in these stories, he's most likely escaped as well.
* YeOldeButcheredeEnglishe - Juliana has a tendency to slip into this.
* YouALLShareMyStory - No matter where in the world they are, the characters are always drawn together by some strange plot device or sometimes no reason at all.