-> ''I'm just a guy on vacation''
''[[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2318355/1/Make_A_Wish Make A Wish]]'' is a Harry Potter fic written by [[http://www.fanfiction.net/u/686093/Rorschachs_Blot Rorschach's Blot]].
After the events of ''[[Literature/HarryPotterAndTheOrderOfThePhoenix Order of the Phoenix]]'', Harry decides that he doesn't particularly want to simply go off and die in a final confrontation with Voldemort, at least not without having a chance to see a bit of the world first. What follows is a vacation that spans the summer (and a good part of the fic), and takes Harry, under the alias Mr. Black, through several countries, adventures, and more than a few dead Death Eaters.
It also has a sequel, ''[[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3032621/1/The_Hunt_For_Harry_Potter The Hunt For Harry Potter]]'', by the same author, along with numerous fan-made omakes and sequels that can be found on [[http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CaerAzkaban/info his Yahoo Group.]]
!!''Make A Wish'' provides examples of:
* AchievementsInIgnorance: Many of Mr. Black's accomplishments are completely unknown to him.
* BecomingTheMask: At the end of the story [[spoiler: after Harry kills Voldemort, he decides to leave his old life behind and embrace the Mr. Black persona fully.]]
* BerserkButton: When you murder an innocent child, Mr. Black will have no restraint in dealing with you.
* CatchPhrase: When asked for more details on who he is, Mr. Black will invariably reply: "I'm just a guy on vacation."
* ComingOfAgeStory: This is a Literature/HarryPotter fic, so that's to be expected.
* ContrivedCoincidence: This happens a ''lot''. [[spoiler:It is implied that these coincidences are instead planned out by the members of a family that can see the future, led by the person that sold Harry the things for his travel.]]
** It's also possible that the coincidences happen because of Harry's [[BornLucky insane luck.]] On one occasion he wanders through a casino, and places a single bet. A bet that wins ''so'' big, the casino investigates it, turning up a cheat in the process.
* DarkIsNotEvil: Played with. Mr. Black is believed to have been a Dark Lord who destroyed civilizations in a previous life and is now TheAtoner. That doesn't stop him from scarying pretty much everyone.
* TheDreaded: Mr. Black. Death Eaters would rather go to Azkaban than risk the chance that Mr. Black might kill them in a horribly gruesome way
* TheGrimReaper: After Harry picks up a scythe, many people think he's the personification of Death, or possibly what ''inspired'' the Grim Reaper in the first place.
* GoodIsNotNice: Just because Mr. Black helps out the local law enforcement does not mean that he won't resort to extreme measures when they aren't looking.
* GuiltComplex: Harry's got one of these, and it only gets bigger after he finds out what everyone expects out of "Mr. Black."
* HyperCompetentSidekick: [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin Henchgirl]], to the Professor. In fact, the only reason ''she'' got the title of "Hench" is because the Professor won a coin-toss.
* KarmaHoudini: Wormtail
* KnightInSourArmor: Harry
* KnownOnlyByTheirNickname: The majority of Harry's companions.
* LoadsAndLoadsOfCharacters: Subverted in Mr. Black's entourage. While the Professor, Henchgirl, and the Doctor all play major supporting roles, the Architect and the Mechanic have very small parts, and the Tailor and the Leather Worker are never even seen, while many characters just get a name and one scene and maybe a callback or omake later in the story.
* MadScientist: The Professor, a rare non-malicious version.
* MistakenForBadass: There are so many [[AccidentalMurder accidental deaths]] around "Mr. Black" that pretty much the entire magical community is convinced that he's some sort of super-wizard. In point of fact, it's all just a string of [[ContrivedCoincidence coincidences]].
** Of course, "Mr. Black" is actually quite Badass himself, particularly after his... [[NinjaPirateZombieRobot upgrades.]] It's just overshadowed by the things that [[ContrivedCoincidence happen around him]] or are mistakenly attributed to him.
* [[spoiler:NinjaPirateZombieRobot: Mr. Black becomes a hybrid of vampire and werewolf, plus the fact that his blood is mixed with basilisk venom and phoenix tears, among other things.]]
* OneDialogueTwoConversations: Harry's innocent conversations with the local crime boss.
** Mr. Black feels like this when compared to the Professor and Henchgirl (and to a lesser extent the Doctor and the Architect), not to mention all the strange situations he finds himself in.
** Even more so in the sequel, where Luna, Hermione, and Tonks ''each'' thinks that she's the only sane woman in their trio. [[spoiler: None of them are.]]
* OurWerewolvesAreDifferent: Harry becomes part-werewolf at one point.
* SecretKeeper: The Weasley twins are the only canon characters aware of Mr. Black's true identity.
** The [[Literature/LifeTheUniverseAndEverything SEP Field.]]
** Another shoutout, this time to DoctorWho, when the Doctor's introducing herself.
** Harry has an urge to sing out "[[TheSoundOfMusic The hills are alive!]] [[AccidentalTruth And they're eating people]]"
** In the sequel, Harry [[Franchise/TheMatrix knows kung-fu.]]
* TookALevelInBadass: [[spoiler: Mr. Black]], by the end of the story.
* WeirdnessCensor: Mr. Black has a bracelet that makes it difficult for people to focus on the details of his person, explicitly called [[BystanderSyndrome an SEP ("someone else's problem") Field]].