[[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8033202/1/Her-Shadowed-Realm Her Shadowed Realm]] is a part of ''Fanfic/ProjectDarkJade'' and a crossover with ''Anime/YuGiOh''. A different take on the theme, it is set long after Jade's fall to darkness and banishment to the Shadow Realm. Now calling herself Yu, she reaches out into another universe in the hope of freeing herself, by cutting a deal with a certain millionaire reviving an ancient Egyptian game...
!!This series contains examples of:
* AlternateUniverse: The Yu-Gi-Oh world is one to the JCA world.
* AndIMustScream: Ył (the name the Shadowkhan Jade chose for herself) only avoided being driven to insanity from the isolation of her banishment by meditating.
* CompleteImmortality: The Jade that went dark (Ył) stole the [[TheAgeless Dog]] and [[HealingFactor Horse]] Talismans from Section 13, granting her this (though she temporarily removed the Dog so she would age up a bit).
* IKnowYourTrueName: This is why Ył, "The Jade Empress", refers to herself thusly, since birth names hold power with sorcerers.
* GoMadFromTheIsolation: Jade only avoided this by meditating. A lot.
* NoSell: One of the priests tries to use shadow magic against her via the Millennium Eye, but she stopped it effortlessly. Needless to say, she was ''not'' amused.
* OlderThanTheyLook: Yu is about 16 biologically, due to removing the [[TheAgeless agelessness]] of the Dog Talisman temporarily so she'd age up a bit, but she's been in the Shadow Realm for ''thousands of years'' (assuming time passes the same way between the Shadow Realm and the Yu-Gi-Oh world), even encountering Egyptian priests from the early days of the Shadow Games at one point.
* SealedEvilInACan: Ył had a FaceHeelTurn and got sealed in the Shadow Realm, and is currently planning to escape.
* TookALevelInBadass: Ył has CompleteImmortality, the power of the Mask of Tarakudo, the secrets of the Lotus Temple, ''and'' the knowledge of ''both'' Daolon Wong and ''all'' the Demon Sorcerers! Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's taken more than a few levels.