''[[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6343543/1/Harry_the_Mysterious_Curse_of_the_GirlWhoLived Harry & the Mysterious Curse of the Girl-Who-Lived]]'' is an AlternateUniverseFic about ''Literature/HarryPotter'' written by [[FanNickname Lord Jeram]]. The concept is simple: Harry Potter is the same old guy, but for some mysterious reason, everyone else seems to think he's a girl with the unfortunate name of "''Harriet'' Potter".
!!This fanfiction contains the following tropes:
* CannotSpitItOut: Literally. Dumbledore can not physically say Harry's name. This causes Dumbledore to realize that Harry is under a ''very'' powerful curse.
* DoubleStandard: The story explores this in the form of how Harry would have been treated by the other characters of the books if he had been a girl instead of a boy. Malfoy is a male chauvinist, the girls earnestly try to bond with "Harriet", [[spoiler: Snape treats "her" fairly for resembling Lily, and the girls and [=McGonagall=] are outraged when they hear of how Harry is treated by the Dursleys]].
** It's even lampshaded by Dumbledore himself.
* ForWantOfANail: A WhatIf story where Harry is perceived to be a girl, but isn't actually one.
* GenderBender: Subverted. Harry is 100% male, but he ''appears'' to be a girl to all other wizards and witches. Early on, it is shown that [[MuggleBornOfMages Squib]]s will occasionally see Harry or Harriet. It may be the case with Lady Volotredi depending on whether she actually is a woman or if he's under the same curse as Harry is.
* GroinAttack: Discussed by Harry as a distraction.
-->"It's marvelous!" he enthused. "I'm there with Dumbledore and my parents and all my friends, and I'm holding the House Cup high! We've won! And oh, look, there in the corner is you, getting your bollocks kicked by a team of Muggles." He wiped a fake tear from his eye. "I don't know what this Mirror is, but I think I'd like to move it to my room."
* LoopholeAbuse: Dumbledore starts to call Harry 'Not-Harriet' and 'not-girl' to get around the fact that he litteraly can't call Harry a boy and that Harry hates being called a Girl. When talking to others about Harry, like for example the Dursleys, he exclusively uses gender-neutral terms.
* RealityWarper: The Curse shows signs of this. It makes so that despite Dumbledore knowing that Harry is a boy he can not physically refer to him as so.
* TakeThat: Lord Jeram likes to take various Fanon clichés and turn them on their heads.