''Conquest'' is a ''Franchise/StarWars''/''Franchise/StarTrek'' IntercontinuityCrossover fanfic. Written by Michael Wong, it is featured on
Website/StarDestroyerDotNet both as [[http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Fanfic/Conquest/index.html separate chapters]] and [[http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Fanfic/Conquest/Conquest.pdf in pdf form]]
The fanfic starts when the Federation starship USS ''Carolina'' chases a Jem'Hadar ship through a wormhole, and finds itself in The Galaxy Far Far Away. That galaxy had split off the official EU at an unspecified date when Han and Leia were killed, and Anakin Solo has decided to put some order in the galaxy. In short, now he is the new Emperor, and his siblings are his sidekicks.
The Federation crew is captured and interrogated when suspected to be rebels. While eventually discovered not to be, that is hardly better for them. You see, it seems that the Emperor has a small problem. He just crushed the Rebellion... he needs new enemies.
Includes the following tropes:
* AMillionIsAStatistic: The Borg give a literal example. Five ships lost, 160 billion drones lost, 12 trillion drones lost...
* AnOfferYouCantRefuse: Captain Picard, mind destroying the Borg for me? Because if you don't, we'll strip-mine Earth and sell every single Earthman into slavery.
* BreadAndCircuses: Anakin seems to follow it.
* [[spoiler: CainAndAbel]]: [[spoiler: Jacen and Jaina]]. Amusingly this plot twist actually became canon with the same two characters in largely the same roles, though in canon [[spoiler: Jaina]] was purely good.
* CargoShip: Grand Moff Tharde has an... interesting attitude toward the Death Star.
* CrapsackWorld: In the basic premise, the ''Franchise/StarWars'' galaxy is this. The Rebel Alliance defeated the evil [[TheEmpire Galactic Empire]] and founded [[TheRepublic the New Republic]]… only for the New Republic to turn into a new Empire, because it can't survive the rigours of actually governing, as opposed to rebelling. Now the Empire governs the galaxy with very little opposition, except a new Rebel Alliance, which, in the very first chapter of the book, is virtually wiped out.
** The Federation against the Empire.
** Pretty much each time the Empire uses the Death Star against the Borg.
* [[spoiler: DetonationMoon]]: In the Battle of Earth, thanks to the ''Obliterator''.
* EarthShatteringKaboom: The Death Star, of course [[spoiler: her victims include Romulus, the Romulan homeworld]], and also the ''Obliterator'', an ''Eclipse''-class Super Star Destroyer.
* EnemyMine: There are some strange alliances in the fanfic. The Empire and Picard versus the Borg, for instance.
* EvenEvilHasStandards: Admiral Kanos has no problem with blowing up planets… but stealing babies? This is Lampshaded by Q.
* EvilerThanThou: [[spoiler: Jacen to Anakin and Jaina]].
* FalseFlagOperation: [[spoiler:When Admiral Halsey sees that the President doesn't fight properly, he gets him and several other officials assassinated with Imperial weapons and declares martial law]].
* GeneralRipper: Halsey. He's a morally ambiguous character, given that he's absolutely ''right'' that the Federation won't survive without his less-than-ideal methods.
* IGaveMyWord: This is Admiral Kanos's redeeming feature. He offers the newly conquered Federation virtual autonomy (with only a trade tax) if they assist the Imperial loyalists against [[spoiler:Jacen's rebellion]]. When he (barely) wins, even his own closest subordinates expect him to break his word, but he keeps it.
* Intangibility: The flagship of the Federation's fleet, the ''USS Tanaka'', is fitted with a phasing device [[spoiler:useless against a tractor-repulsor beam combination]].
* InterstellarWeapon: The Galaxy Gun is mentioned a couple of times, but never used. However, toward the end [[spoiler: Captain Picard's final strategy against the Borg is to use probe droid pods loaded with warheads.]]
* LesCollaborateurs: The Vulcan ambassador Marek thinks this of Picard. In response, Commander Chang gives a TheReasonYouSuckSpeech.
* ManipulativeBastard: Emperor Anakin Solo deliberately provokes the Romulans into destroying an Imperial space station containing millions of civilians, whom he'd carefully chosen to be part of every major group in the ''Franchise/StarWars'' galaxy, so that the Empire would get sympathy from every part of the galaxy. Then, he uses this as an excuse to invade the Romulans ''and'' the Federation, who were innocent (except for one collaborator). All of this is to provide an external enemy, to use as an excuse to maintain the Empire's tyranny.
* MoralEventHorizon: Ruk has every reason to dislike the Federation—but it's still evil for him to throw them to [[FateWorseThanDeath the Borg]].
* NeverTellMeTheOdds: Riker says this to Data.
* NiceJobBreakingItHero: A couple of cases. First Chang (especially with the failed raid on the Rebel ship), then Picard.
* [[spoiler:OverrideCommand]]: The Empire has installed them on all captured ships.
* RammingAlwaysWorks: A memorable case when the Rebels are ambushed on their way to the wormhole. Out of the three Rebel ships, one has been destroyed, the other has all the systems offline—except for hyperdrive. Doesn't quite destroy the enemy ship, but creates enough havoc for the last ship to get through. Later in the book Kanos [[spoiler:when fighting Jacen's forces (read: the Death Star) in order to protect Jaina who is in the defenseless ''USS Tanaka'' orders Imperial ships to ''hyperdrive against the Death Star'']]
* StealTheSurroundings: The beginning has the Rebels rescuing people from a prison complex. They tow the entire complex into transports, flee, and storm it once safe.
* SuperweaponSurprise: In the end, it turns out [[spoiler: the Ring Station used to stabilize the wormhole can be used as a particle cannon.]]
* TheReasonYouSuckSpeech: Commander Chang gets a little bit annoyed when the Vulcan ambassador Marek calls Captain Picard an "Imperial puppet".
--> "He is a ''Federation officer''!" Chang exploded. He looked at the ambassador with contempt plainly evident on his face. "Worthless politician ... you don’t wear the uniform," he snarled, "so you don’t know what it means. You don’t know what it means to risk your life in defense of your world. But I know what it means, and so does Picard. He never had a choice!"
--> "We ''always'' have a choice, Commander."
--> "Yes, we do, don’t we? Picard chose to accept Kanos’ offer because the alternative was to watch Imperial troops turn Earth into a smoking wasteland. But what about ''you?'' Your government signed a non−aggression pact with the Empire without even engaging them in battle! You got on your knees and begged for mercy, so you wouldn’t have to sacrifice any of your oh−so precious and oh−so ''superior'' Vulcan soldiers. While the rest of us were fighting and dying, you ''chose'' to cower in your homes. And now you condemn Picard for what ''he'' did? People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones, Marek."
* TwistEnding: Some of the characters wonder why humans exist in both the ''Franchise/StarWars'' galaxy and the ''Franchise/StarTrek'' galaxy. They speculate that Earth (in ''Franchise/StarTrek'') was colonised by people from the ''Star Wars'' galaxy. But at the end of the story, the crew of the starship ''Tanaka'' go through the disintegrating, destabilised wormhole. The last words of the book are when Q says:
--> "Let’s just say they ended up [[spoiler: in a time long ago. In a galaxy far, far away. On an uninhabited planet that will someday be known ... as Coruscant."]]
* UngratefulBastard: The Rebel Captain Ruk's perception of the Federation. He enters the ''Franchise/StarTrek'' galaxy at great cost (losing one of his few remaining ships), trying to alert them to the threat of the Empire. They try to steal his ship for (from his perspective) no good reason. As a result, he throws them to the Borg.
* UtopiaJustifiesTheMeans: That's what Emperor Anakin Solo believes. But his Empire isn't exactly a utopia.
* WhatTheHellHero: The Federation ships in the final battle side with the Empire against the Rebels, because they cannot tolerate the tactic of destroying unarmed evacuation transports.
* YouHaveFailedMe. Mentioned to be used by Anakin. [[spoiler: Done by Jacen]].