''A Far Green Country'', by [=SilasWhitfield=], is a fan story about Elden, a man from Rohan, and his friend Nellas, the last elf of Rivendell. A hint places this story about ten years after ''Literature/TheLordOfTheRings''.
Elden is a fugitive. He rides a stolen horse, holds a stolen sword, and carries a stolen ring, a [[RingOfPower magic ring]]. Elden flees very far north, all the way to Rivendell, where he encounters Nellas. Elden survived by the magic of his ring, and Nellas has magic of her own. The two begin an adventure, taking their magic with them, and visiting several places of Middle-earth.
[[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8836610/1/A-Far-Green-Country Read it here.]] The story was not complete.
!! ''A Far Green Country'' provides examples of:
* ConvenientlyAnOrphan: Both main characters!
** Elden's mother [[DeathByChildbirth died by giving birth]] to Elden, and Elden's father died in one of King Éomer's wars.
** Nellas was still a child when orcs killed her parents.
* DamselInDistress: At one point in the story, villains capture the whole party of Elden, Nellas, Surad and Durus. They attempt to escape. [[spoiler:Surad and Durus free themselves, then free Elden. Nellas uses her own magic to destroy her bonds.]]
* DistressedDude: Elden was a prisoner in Edoras, Rohan, but he escaped.
* LongLostRelative: [[spoiler:When Elden meets Mrs. Bones, Elden determines that Mrs. Bones is really Elden's sister Beorna.]]
* LoveableRogue: Elden is a deserter and a thief. Also, Durus and Surad are thieves. The story presents all three characters as protagonists: Elden is the victim of the Lord Regent's tyranny, and Durus and Surad become his allies.
* PointyEars: Nellas covers her ears, trying to pass as a mortal woman. Some other characters [[PaperThinDisguise see through the disguise]] and know that Nellas must be an elf.
* PlotCoupon: Elden's ring. It often does something to move the plot forward.
* RingOfPower: Elden's magic ring is a major mystery. Fans of ''The Lord of the Rings'', recalling the fate of the twenty Great Rings, may wonder how any magic ring can retain its power. In Book I, Chapter 2 of ''The Lord of the Rings'', Gandalf had mentioned 'lesser rings' that were 'yet still to my mind dangerous for mortals.' Perhaps Elden's ring is one of those lesser rings. The ring, in its own way, does endanger Elden.
* SailorEarth: Elden, because he bears a magic ring. [[spoiler:There is a second magic ring; Nellas steals it from Mrs. Bones.]]
* UncertainDoom: [[spoiler:After orcs surrounded and trapped Surad and Durus, and Nellas sealed the escape route, Elden believes that Surad and Durus are dead. It is not impossible that the orcs spared the lives of Surad or Durus.]]