To be played on any course of grand prix, with items. You can't pause to drink.
* At the end of a race, drink your position. 1st player drinks one drink, 2nd player drinks two, etc. Not recommended for races with more than 4 players!
* If you use a blue shell, Bullet Bill, Chain Chomp, or lightning bolt, take a drink
** If the leader dodges the blue shell, take another.
** If you [[TooDumbToLive use a blue shell in 1st place and get hit with it]], take an entire bottle.
* If you get ''hit'' by a blue shell or lightning bolt, take a drink
** If you [[HumiliationConga get hit by a blue shell]] ''[[HumiliationConga and]]'' [[HumiliationConga a lightning bolt in rapid succession]], finish the rest of the bottle.
** Top that drink with another half bottle if you get hit by a red shell during all that.
** Finish that bottle if being hit by the blue shell protected you from being hit by the lightning.
* If a Boo or a lightning strike strips you of your defensive item right before a red shell hits you, take a drink. In ''VideoGame/MarioKart8'', finish the bottle if it takes away a Super Horn right before a blue shell approaches.
* If you fall into a pit, lava, the sea, etc., take a drink. Take another if a lightning strike or a red/blue shell knocks you off.
* If you hit a fake item box, drink for not paying attention.
* If you slam on the brakes to avoid the blue shell while in 1st place or are trying to take other people with you in the explosion, take a drink.
** If you do this with the finish line in sight just as you're about to complete your final lap, chug your drink.
** If you get hit anyway, take two drinks.
* Every time you pop a wheelie in ''Mario Kart Wii'', take a drink.
* Take a shot for every character, mechanic or item from a previous game that you really liked that didn't make it into the one you're currently playing.
* If your own Bob-Omb explodes on you, take a drink.
* If you're racing on Baby Park in ''Mario Kart 8'', take a drink every time the music speeds up.
* Take a drink every time you get the coin from an item box. You will die from alcohol poisoning more times than [[Series/DoctorWho a Time Lord can be permitted to regenerate]].
* In ''8 Deluxe'', take a drink for every 200 cc race in online mode.
* In the lobby of ''8 Deluxe'', take a shot every time someone posts "I'm using tilt controls!"
* In ''64'', if you fail to make the jump on Wario Stadium, finish your drink.
* In ''8'' and ''8 Deluxe'', take a drink if the track chosen is someone's "random" choice. Take a second drink if the RNG then picks a track that was one of the four tracks up for vote.
!The Mario Kart "Don't Drink and Drive" Game
You guessed it, you can't drink and drive. Start each race with any given amount of beer (somewhere between half a beer and a full beer) with the mission of finishing it before the end of the race. The only rule, you cannot hold the controller and drink at the same time. Each player has his strategy, from chugging all at the beginning or drink it ship by ship and often the game leads to a lot of fun. (Alternate names include "Drunk Driving" and "Kario Mart")