Hong Jung Eun and Hong Mi Ran are a screenwriting SiblingTeam who have made a name for themselves in the romantic comedy genre of [[KoreanDrama Korean Dramas]]. Known collectively as "Hong Jamae" (홍자매) in South Korea, the pair of sisters first collaborated with 2005's ''Series/DelightfulGirlChoonHyang'', an adaptation of the [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chunhyangga legend of Choon Hyang]]. The show, which became a instant hit, launched the careers of their two stars, Jae Hee and Han Chae Young.
Primarily known for their witty dialogue, puns and [[MetaFiction meta references]], the Hong sisters employ a variety of [[LanguageTropes language tropes]] in order to make their leading couples more endearing.
!!Dramas written by the Hong sisters:
* ''Series/DelightfulGirlChoonHyang'' (2005)
* ''[[Series/MyGirlSK My Girl]]'' (2005)
* ''Fantasy Couple'' (2006)
* ''Series/HongGilDong'' (2008)
* ''[[Series/YouAreBeautiful You're Beautiful]]'' (2009)
* ''[[Series/MyGirlfriendIsANineTailedFox My Girlfriend Is a Nine-Tailed Fox]]'' (2010)
* ''[[Series/BestLove The Greatest Love]]'' (2011)
* ''Series/Big'' (2012)
* ''Series/TheMastersSun'' (2013)
* ''Warm And Cozy'' (2015)
!!Notable tropes in their works include:
* EpunymousTitle[=/=]PunBasedTitle: The titles of their works are often a play on words
** ''Series/HongGilDong'' is the title character of their 2008 sageuk. Throughout the series, the name 'Hong Gil Dong' is discussed as if it isn't one person in particular, i.e. ''Hong Gil Dong is alive through you.'' Hong Gil Dong is a placeholder name in Korea, like John Doe.
*** Also, the Korean title is Sharp Knife/Blade/Sword Hong Gil Dong. In the ending narration, the monk says, "''The sword that looks the world in the face, takes note of it, and changes it — in any world, there must be a Hong Gil Dong.''" That is, anyone who stands up against injustice is a sword, or anyone is Hong Gil Dong.
** ''[[Series/YouAreBeautiful You're Beautiful]]'' - The title in Korean is "Mi-nam-i shi-ne-yo", which can be translated to ''He's/She's/You're Beautiful'' or ''He's/She's/You're Mi Nam'' because there is no pronoun. The main character is also pretending to be "Mi Nam", or rather, she ''is'' Mi Nam.
** ''[[Series/MyGirlfriendIsANineTailedFox My Girlfriend Is (a) Nine-Tailed Fox]]''. Nine-tailed fox = ''gumiho''. In Korean, there would be no indefinite article, so the title is literally ''My Girlfiend is Gumiho''. The main character is called Gu Mi Ho for most of the drama.
** ''Series/BestLove'' was previously called ''The Discovery of Affection''. The main character's name is Ae-jung (affection).
* HurricaneOfEuphemisms[=/=]HurricaneOfPuns: Their characters' tend to use puns and metaphors as euphemism for their feelings.
* [[KoreanPopMusic K-pop]]