Founded in 2011, [[http://www.st-trigger.co.jp/ Studio Trigger]] is a studio founded by Ex-[[Creator/StudioGainax Gainax]] staff members that were behind ''Anime/TengenToppaGurrenLagann'' and ''Anime/PantyAndStockingWithGarterbelt'' and Ex-Creator/Studio4C staff members that were stationed between Telecom, Gainax and KyoAni at the time of its founding; Trigger is a studio that is getting a lot of praise in the animation industry because of its production methods.
Their second in-house anime production, ''Anime/KillLaKill'', was announced in [[http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-08/kill-la-kill-anime-reunites-gurren-lagann-director-writer the June 2013 issue of Newtype Magazine]], with ''Gurren Lagann'''s director and lead character designer on board. Their next original project, ''Kiznaiver'', [[https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-08/studio-trigger-reveals-new-kiznaiver-original-tv-anime/.93915 was announced in October 2015]] and is scheduled for release in 2016.
!!! Works produced by Trigger:
* ''Battlesaurs'': A minute long short (done up as an intro) based on the same characters featured in ''WesternAnimation/ToyStoryThatTimeForgot''.[[note]]This animation was meant to be in the special, but ended up solely as a Blu-Ray extra[[/note]]
* ''WebAnimation/InfernoCop'': First (major) production.
* ''Anime/LittleWitchAcademia'': Part of Anime Mirai 2013, replacing [[Creator/TMSEntertainment Telecom Animation Film]]'s[[note]]The studio that did 2011's ''O-Jii-San No Lamp'' and 2012's ''Buta''[[/note]] slot for the year. Also provided In-Between Animation and Production Cooperation for 2014 entries ''Harmonie''[[note]]for Ultra Super Pictures[[/note]] and ''Kuro no Su - Chronus''[[note]]for Creator/Studio4C[[/note]].
* ''Anime/KillLaKill'': First television production and their BreakthroughHit.
* ''LightNovel/NinjaSlayer'': Based on the books by Honda Yu and Sugi Leika
* ''LightNovel/WhenSupernaturalBattlesBecameCommonplace'': Based on the light novel of the same name.
* Shorts for the [[Anime/JapanAnimatorExpo Japan Anima(tor)'s Exhibition]]:
** ''Series/DenkouChoujinGridman: boys invent great hero'': An animated short based on the 90s live-action series.
** ''SEX and VIOLENCE with MACHSPEED'', directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi.
** '' Bureau of Proto Society''
!!! Other works done by Trigger:
* ''WesternAnimation/BlackDynamite'': 2nd Season Opening
* ''Anime/BlackRockShooter'': Animation Production Cooperation.
* ''LightNovel/TheDevilIsAPartTimer'': Key Animation.
* ''Anime/TheIdolmaster'': Animation Production Cooperation.
* ''Manga/JoJosBizarreAdventure'': 2nd Key Animation for the 2012 series; In-Between Animation for ''Stardust Crusaders''.
* ''Manga/MagiLabyrinthOfMagic'': Production Assistance.
* ''Power Plant No. 33'': Yet another animated short for the Japan Anima(tor)'s Exhibition. Trigger did the animation.
* ''VideoGame/ProjectXZone'': Opening, first thing done by Trigger.
* ''Anime/RinneNoLagrange: Kamogawa Days'': Key Animation.
* ''LightNovel/SwordArtOnline'': Animation Production Cooperation.
* ''Manga/TokyoRavens'': In-Between Animation.
!!Tropes associated with Studio Trigger:
* AnimationBump: ''Kill la Kill'' has several higher quality moments in spite of its many OffModel and LimitedAnimation moments.
* AscendedFanboy: Given that the series is founded by ex-Gainax members, this is to be expected.
* FanService: ''Anime/KillLaKill'' is this to a T.
* LimitedAnimation: All of their series exhibit this, with ''LightNovel/NinjaSlayer'' and ''Anime/InfernoCop'' being the most blatant cases.
* OffModel: All of their series suffer from this.