Patricia Briggs is an American urban fantasy/fantasy author who lives in Washignton State. She has written several books, such as the well known ''Mercy Thompson'' series, and the less well known fantasies ''The Hob's Bargain'', ''Steal the Dragon'', ''Masques'', ''Wolfsbane'', ''When Demons Walk'', ''Dragon Bones'', ''Dragon Blood'', ''Raven's Shadow'', and ''Raven's Strike''.
!!Work by Patricia Briggs with their own trope pages include:
* ''Literature/MercyThompson'' 'verse
!!Other works by Patricia Briggs provide examples of:
* HalfHumanHybrid: In the ''Hurog'' novels, half the cast have a dragon ancestor several generations back. ([[spoiler:Dragons can assume human form.]])
* ManInTheIronMask: King Jakoven in the ''Hurog'' series built the Asylum specifically to lock up his brother Kellen, having been warned in a prophecy that it would be a very bad idea to kill his brother. While it's common knowledge that he's in there, most of the common people seem to have bought the idea that he's genuinely nuts, rather than unjustly imprisoned.
* ObfuscatingStupidity: Ward of Hurog, protagonist of the ''Hurog'' Duology, started feigning brain damage as a young boy to protect himself from his abusive father. As Ward is officially next in line for his father's title, his apparent incompetence becomes something of an obstacle later on.
* SamusIsAGirl: In ''When Demons Walk'', Sham is often mistaken for a pubescent boy, a resemblance she augments with masculine dress and hair. Kerim has an entire conversation with "him", Talbot watches "his" interrogation, and when Kerim is attacked Sham throws the knife that kills the attacker. When they try to find him again, they can't figure out how he managed to disappear so completely, until an amused informant finally reveals that they should start asking about local ''women''.
* SoulCuttingBlade: In ''Masques'', [[spoiler:Aralorn]] is injured by a soul-eating blade.
* YawnAndReach: In ''The Hob's Bargain'', Caefawn the hob sits next to Aren and rests his tail on her other side. She moves it, only for him to slowly work it over back to her other side again.