Born in Malaysia, Michelle Yeoh is one of the most famous modern actresses to come out of Asia. She has worked in the Hong Kong film industry for four decades now. She has starred alongside such Asian actors as JackieChan, JetLi, and Chow Yun Fat. To Western audiences, she is best known for her roles in ''Film/CrouchingTigerHiddenDragon'', ''Film/TomorrowNeverDies'', ''MemoirsOfAGeisha'', and ''Film/TheMummyTombOfTheDragonEmperor''. She also starred in JackieChan's ''Police Story 3'' (aka ''Film/SuperCop'') as well as cult-classic, ''HeroicTrio''.
!!She provides examples of:
* ActionGirl - She often plays female martial artists and is quite skilled in real life.
* BadassLongcoat - Sports one in ''Silver Hawk'' ([[WesternAnimation/SilverHawks no relation]]) as the title motorcycling vigilante.
* [[BannedInChina Banned In Myanmar]] - For portraying Aung San Suu Kyi in a biographical movie.
* BreakoutCharacter - ''Police Story 3'' starred her character, who was the SideKick of Jackie's character in the previous movie. She was so popular with audiences, her character had a spinoff movie.
** Also, a sequel to ''Film/TomorrowNeverDies'' was planned with her in mind but it never came to fruition for some reason.
* TheCameo - She was the snake charmer in the recent ''Film/TheKarateKid'' remake.
* DarkActionGirl - Often played this role when she was younger.
* DistaffCounterpart - She is often seen as the female JackieChan since she does her own stunts, just like Jackie.
* DoingItForTheArt - As mentioned above, she did all of her own stunts in her action movies.
* HilariousOuttakes - For ''Supercop,'' yes. Subverted at the end of ''Ah Kam,'' which only elicits wincing as you watch the result of her stunt GoneHorriblyWrong.
* MadeOfIron - Has done her share of death-defying stunts over the years.
** [[DentedIron This has led to more than a few injuries,]] most notably breaking her back when jumping from an overpass filming ''Ah Kam: The Stuntwoman.''
* PlayingAgainstType - [[WesternAnimation/KungFuPanda2 Soothsayer]] anyone?