Michael Kurland is a writer of SpeculativeFiction and MysteryFiction. Michael Kurland is also a character in the [[UsefulNotes/HugoAward Hugo]]-nominated science fiction novel, ''The Butterfly Kid'', by Chester Anderson (which also starred Anderson), and its sequel, ''The Unicorn Girl'', by...Michael Kurland (which introduced the character of Tom "T.A." Waters, who wrote the third book in the series). The entire series can be found at ''Literature/TheGreenwichTrilogy''.
Kurland has also written two novels in the ''Literature/LordDarcy'' series, and a variety of other SF, and the ''Professor Moriarty'' series featuring the ''Literature/SherlockHolmes'' villain as an AntiHero. The first of the Moriarty novels, ''The Infernal Device'', was nominated for an Edgar award.
!! Works by Michael Kurland include:
* The Alexander Brass series:
** ''Too Soon Dead''
** ''The Girls in the High-Heeled Shoes''
* ''The Last President''
* ''The Princes of Earth''
* Lord Darcy novels:
** ''Ten Little Wizards''
** ''A Study in Sorcery''
* The Professor Moriarty series:
** ''The Infernal Device''
** ''Death by Gaslight''
** ''The Great Game''
** ''The Empress of India''
** ''Who Thinks Evil''
* ''Ten Years to Doomsday'' (with Chester Anderson)
* ''Tomorrow Knight''
* The ''War, Incorporated'' series:
** ''Mission: Third Force''
** ''Mission: Tank War''
** ''A Plague of Spies''
* ''The Unicorn Girl''
* ''The Whenabouts of Burr''
!! Works with a page on this Wiki:
* ''Literature/TheInfernalDevice'' and sequels
* ''Literature/LordDarcy'' (two of the novels in the series)
* ''Literature/TheGreenwichTrilogy'' (the second novel in the series)
!! Other works provide examples of:
* AlternateUniverse: ''The Whenabouts of Burr'' involves quite a bit of world-hopping and a search for an AlternateHistory in which Aaron Burr was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence.
* CovertGroupWithMundaneFront: ''The Whenabouts of Burr'' features agents, reporting directly to the President, who are officially part of the Bureau of Weights and Measures.
* NamedAfterSomebodyFamous: Ves Romero in ''The Whenabouts of Burr'', whose full name, courtesy of an excessively patriotic papa, is Amerigo Vespucci Romero.