'''Lisa Shearin''' is an American author of the Raine Benares series, about a sorceress and seeker of things lost and people missing, who gets mixed up with an ArtifactOfDoom. She is also the author of the SPI Files series, an urban fantasy series about Mackenna Fraser, a seer employed to locate paranormal creatures for an organization dedicated to protecting humans from the supernatural and upholding TheMasquerade.
!!The Raine Benares series consists of
* ''Magic Lost, Trouble Found''
* ''Armed & Magical''
* ''The Trouble With Demons''
* ''Bewitched and Betrayed''
* ''Con & Conjure''
* ''All Spell Breaks Loose''
!!Tropes found in the Raine Benares series include
* ClingyMacGuffin: The artifact
* DiplomaticImpunity: Just about everyone with diplomatic status. Nobody ever points out that the Guardians have more than enough evidence to declare them PersonaNonGrata and throw them out of the city for this.
* DrinkingGame: Students and off-duty guards invented one where they drink whenever the archmage snarks during a speech. Everyone involved generally gets hammered.
* HeavenlyBlue: Mychael's spell
* IJustWantToBeNormal: And escape this artifact!
* MagicMusic: Spellsingers.
* MakeUpIsEvil: One villainess is marked out by her excessive make-up.
* OldRetainer: Tam's.
* OurGoblinsAreDifferent: Very civilized, for one.
* ThePaladin: Mychael
* VirginPower: Needed to find the Scythe of Nen. Good luck finding a virgin on a college campus on short notice.
* WhiteSheep: Raine is the only respectable Benares. Most of her relatives are pirates, the one named exception is a crooked banker.
!!The SPI Files series consists of
* ''The Grendel Affair''
!!Tropes found in the SPI Files series include
* DragonLady: Vivienne Sagadraco is referred to as this. Mainly because she really ''is'' a dragon.
* ExplosiveBreeder: Grendels only reproduce once every fifty years or so, but when they do, they lay three batches of 20-30 eggs each. This is a major reason as to why they haven't been hunted into extinction by SPI Scandinavia (Despite their best efforts).
* GroinAttack: Fraser's first piece of desk bling - an anatomically correct leprechaun doll with his pants around his ankles - refers to an incident where she cornered a group of naked drunken leprechauns in a [=McDonald's=] and tased their leader in the Happy Meal.
* SuperheroTrophyShelf: Every SPI agent has a collection of 'desk bling', little knickknacks given to them by their coworkers that reference notably impressive or embarrassing things they have done.