John Fugelsang is an actor and political comedian. He has appeared on numerous TV and radio programs such as ''Radio/TheStephanieMillerShow'', CNN, FOX, Air America, and Website/YouTube.
He has a blog here: http://www.blog.johnfugelsang.com/
!John Fugelsang provides examples of the following tropes:
* AscendedExtra: He started off as a recurring guest on TheYoungTurks, and later became the host for Viewpoint on Current TV.
* AsTheGoodBookSays: Frequently mentions that in Literature/TheBible, Jesus said nothing about ____ (on topics ranging from abortion to gay rights to NASCAR).
* DeadpanSnarker: He can turn MotorMouth comedy and still keep it not only incredibly calm, but also incredibly intellectual.
* HidingBehindReligion: Accuses Republicans of this, by proposing Jesus for president. "Who wouldn't want to vote for a guy who was a peaceful, radical, non-violent revolutionary; who hung around with lepers, hookers, and crooks; who never spoke English; was not an American citizen; anti-capitalism; totally anti-death penalty; anti-public prayer (Matthew 6:5); but never once anti-gay; didn't mention abortion; and was a long-haired, brown-skinned, homeless, middle-eastern, Jew?"
* JesusWasWayCool: "I grew up admiring Jesus the way any guy admires mom's first husband."
* RaisedCatholic: Both of John's parents were ex-clergy: his father an ex-Franciscan brother who had taught American History in Brooklyn, his mother an ex-nun who had been a hospital and leprosarium nurse in Africa.
* RantComedy: His stock in trade, point out religious and political hypocrisy while still getting laughs.
* TheReasonYouSuckSpeech: Directed at the Kardashians and their fans [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcKvUbmOB8g here]].