[[caption-width-right:270:Where a kid can be a kid.]]
Chuck E. Cheese's (formerly Showbiz Pizza, then Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza Time Theater and finally Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza before it's current name) is a chain of family entertainment centers. Chuck E. Cheese's is the main brand of CEC Entertainment, Inc., which has its headquarters in Irving, Texas.
The concept is a sit-down pizza restaurant with arcade games, amusement rides, an animatronic show, climbing equipment, tubes, and slides that are all mainly directed at younger children. The brand is represented by Chuck E. Cheese, an anthropomorphic mouse.
Chuck E. Cheese's, originally referred to as Showbiz Pizza, was founded in 1977 by Atari founder Nolan Bushnell. It was officially labeled as the first family restaurant to integrate food, animated entertainment, and an indoor arcade.
In 2012, Chuck E. Cheese's announced that their Chuck E. Cheese mascot will receive a major makeover to make the rodent look younger and more like a rock star. He will also be voiced by Jaret Reddick, lead singer of the musical group ''Bowling for Soup''.
TropeNamer for SuckECheeses.
[[http://www.showbizpizza.com/ See this website to see the largest online archive of anything Chuck E. Cheese related.]]
* AnthropomorphicShift: He was originally a FunnyAnimal, but now, he is a PettingZooPerson.
* ArtEvolution: In the 1970s,Chucky had looked more like a rat then a mouse. Then in the mid 1990s he looked more like a mouse.
* FullyDressedCartoonAnimal: The mascot.
* FunnyAnimal: The mascot in his early days.
* HalfDressedCartoonAnimal: The mascot originally.
* NiceHat: Chuck E.'s former red derby hat.
* NiceMice: Currently
* PettingZooPeople: The mascot.
* RodentsOfUnusualSize: The mascot was bigger than MickeyMouse before 2012. He is a mouse the size of a rat (and smaller than Mickey) these days.
* TotallyRadical: Before 2012.
* TwoDecadesBehind: The mascot, as well as the restaurant itself (save the arcade machines), seemed to be stuck in this TotallyRadical time capsule of the late 80's/early 90's until very recently. Think if Burger King had never done away with or updated the Burger King Kids Club mascots.
* YouDirtyRat: Averted or at least subverted with the early incarnation of the mascot, although the comic books (yes, there were comic books) did have a rat antagonist.