-->''[[Film/TheAmazingSpiderMan You seriously think I'm a cop, dressed in a skin-tight red and blue suit?]]''
With a dorky smile, a friendly disposition, and heaps of talent, it's not hard to see why Andrew Garfield is one of the most sought after young actors working today.
Garfield was born in Los Angeles in 1983, to a British mother and an American father, and was raised Jewish. He has spent most of his life in the UK. If you're on TV Tropes at all, then you've probably seen him in a [[Series/DoctorWho television show]] or two. With a BAFTA for his performance for ''Boy A'', it was strange that Hollywood didn't pay that much attention to him in the earlier years of his career.
That is, until he burst onto the scene with his performance as Eduardo Saverin in ''TheSocialNetwork'' and as Tommy in ''Film/NeverLetMeGo'', both released in 2010. (Also in 2010, he starred in a delightful short film called ''I'm Here''. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qow5_R0ab7w Trailer here]] ) Showing some amazing skill and giving some wonderful and [[TearJerker heart-wrenching]] performances in both of his films, Hollywood has taken notice.
With his role as [[Film/TheAmazingSpiderMan Spider-Man]] and the praise he received, it looks like he has a bright future ahead of him.
* ''Film/TheOtherBoleynGirl'' (2008)
* ''Film/TheImaginariumOfDoctorParnassus'' (2009)
* ''RedRiding'' (2009)
* ''Film/TheSocialNetwork'' (2010)
* ''Film/TheAmazingSpiderMan'' (2012)
* ''Film/TheAmazingSpiderMan2'' (2014)
* FakeAmerican: Although American-born, he was raised his entire life in Surrey, predominantly speaks in a thick British accent and identifies himself as British.
* OlderThanTheyLook: He doesn't look his age.
* PromotedFanboy: To the point that he actually shed tears when he got to wear the Spider-Man suit for the first time.