* The comic book ''ComicBook/TheMaxx'' included a different short sentence in its credits.
* Keith Giffen's comics usually have some sort of credit gag, eg: Keith (angry old man) Giffen.
** Probably not a proper couch gag since it only happened once, but in the first issue the title/credit box comes a page or two after Spider Jerusalem hears his editor's voice on the phone and, surprised, says, "The whorehopper!" The editor is credited, in that issue, as the "whorehopper".
** A more proper example: at the end of each issue, the three eyed smiley face would be shown in a way somehow related to the content of the issue (walking in the rain, smoking a cigarette, etc.)
* In Creator/StanLee and Creator/SteveDitko's run on ''The Amazing ComicBook/SpiderMan'', each splash page would contain some kind of gag in the credits, usually replacing "written by", "drawn by" and "lettered by" areas.
** Occurred in some of the other comics Lee wrote, too, such as ComicBook/FantasticFour and ComicBook/TheMightyThor.
* Each of the longer ''ComicBook/SamAndMaxFreelancePolice'' comics carries [[http://bit.ly/eEN44J a title gag]] in the form of "[[InspiredBy Based on]] the [Media Type], [Silly Title]", such as ''Based on the famed [[Creator/TheBeatGeneration Beat-generation]] novel, "Sam and Max Drive Around in a Car" by Bucky Kerouac''. This tradition is carried over to Season 2 and 3 of [[TelltaleGames Telltale's]] series of adventure games. The episode "Chariot of the Dogs", for example, is "Based on the best-selling addled-brained musings of noted [[AncientAstronauts aliens-made-all-our-stuff]] theorist Erich von Dannyohday"
* Bongo Comics' ''ComicBook/TheSimpsons'' usually credits Matt Groening with a different title in every issue.
* ''ComicBook/TheWickedAndTheDivine'': Every chapter begins and ends with the icon wheel, showing representations of each god as well as their status.
** Some sections of the wheel are empty, representing gods not yet known by the media.
** Dead gods have their icons replaced by skulls.
** Once Luci is arrested, her icon has bars over it.
** When Baphomet bursts onto the scene, his icon appears for the first time in the wheel while wreathed in fire.