A horror GraphicNovel published by ImageComics and written by Creator/ScottSnyder and Scott Tuft, and illustrated by Attila Futaki.
''Severed'' tells the story of Jack Garron, a twelve-year old boy in 1916 who leaves his adopted mother in search of his biological father, a wandering fiddler. Jack soon meets another vagrant named Sam and a strange man who offers to help him reach his dad. Little does he know that the man is actually a monster who feeds on children...
The comic is noted for being very disturbing and atmospheric. Recommended for any horror fan looking for a good scare.
* AmbiguouslyHuman: Fisher mostly looks human, but has razor sharp teeth, is heavily implied to be immortal, and [[spoiler: feeds on children to consume their dreams]].
* BatmanGambit: Fisher pulled one off. [[spoiler: He pretended to be Jack's father writing to him in order to get Jack to come find him]]
* BodyHorror: "Fisher" basically breathes this trope. For one, he wears fake teeth that hide his true, razor sharp fangs. For another, he [[spoiler: hangs Jack up on a hook and cuts off his arm to eat it]]
* ChekhovsGun: The bear trap that Fisher shows Jack and Sam. [[spoiler: Jack uses it to slow Fisher down after the latter reveals his true colors]]
* ChekhovsGunman: Jack's adopted mother
* DeadAllAlong: [[spoiler: Jack's father]]
* DiabolusExNihilo: "Fisher" has no backstory. His real name (if he even has one) is unknown. No explanation for his seeming immortality. Exactly who or what he is is a complete mystery.
* EvilMentor: Fisher to Jack
* GenderReveal: [[spoiler: Sam]]
* GeneHunting: Jack learning that he was left on his "mother's" doorstep as a child is what kicks off the plot, as he searches for his biological father.
* GoryDiscretionShot: the panels progressively zoom outward when [[spoiler: Fisher murders and devours Sam]] so the reader never actually sees it happen.
* HumanoidAbomination: "Fisher." An unknown salesman whose real name is unknown, eats children so he [[spoiler: can feed on their dreams]], is immortal and has razor sharp teeth. It is clear that whatever he is, he is only a man when it comes to appearance.
* ImAHumanitarian: The main antagonist of the story cannibalizes children [[spoiler: so he can feed on their dreams]]
* ReallySevenHundredYearsOld: Fisher looks like he's in his 50's to 60's, but his dialogue indicates that he is much older than that. [[spoiler: And 40 years later, he hasn't aged a day]]
* SweetPollyOliver: [[spoiler: Samantha]] dresses like a boy because life on the road is safer for men.