%% Consult the Image Picking forum before posting a new page image.
->'''Smithers:''' (reading Ziggy strip) ''So Ziggy goes to the repair shop ... there's a sign on the doorbell reading 'Out of Order'!''
->'''Mr. Burns:''' ''Ah, Ziggy, will you ever win?''
'''Ziggy''' is a comic strip originally drawn by Tom Wilson. It is a one-panel strip on dailies, and a sequential on Sundays. The strip is a LongRunner, having run in newspapers since 1971. The strip focuses on the eponymous character, a human of some sort who lives at home by himself with his cat, dog, parrot and fish.
!!This comic provides examples of:
* AnimatedAdaptation: ''Ziggy's Gift,'' a Christmas special from 1982, which won an Emmy.
* ButtMonkey: Ziggy.
* CrapsackWorld: Quite often in the early strips.
* FunnyAnimal: Ziggy's parrot talks to him regularly. It is also implied that the cat and dog can talk to him.
* HalfDressedCartoonAnimal: Okay, he's a human (supposedly), that's still an animal. But ''why doesn't he wear pants?!'' Or have a crotch? In December 2009, ''PearlsBeforeSwine'' addressed this issue in an arc in which Rat leads others in protesting Ziggy's pantslessness. Stephen Pastis gave Tom Wilson a heads-up about the issue, and the same week Ziggy broke with tradition and started wearing pants.
* LongPants: One [[AlternateCharacterInterpretation possible answer]] to the above before Ziggy actually started wearing them.
* MerchandiseDriven: So much so in the 1980s.
* TheMovie: ''Ziggy's Gift'', directed by Creator/RichardWilliams.
* NoFourthWall: In one strip, Ziggy addresses the reader, saying that if he or she thinks life is hard, he or she should try living in a 3×3½-inch panel.
* SadistShow: Everyone, including his own ''parrot'', is cruel or snarky to Ziggy.
* TotallyRadical: Most of the pop culture references are already ages old by the time Ziggy gets around to covering them. His computer is depicted as being a late-1970s modular type (much like an Apple [=IIe=]).
* WalkingTechbane: Many 1990s and 2000s gags deal with Ziggy's incompetence with the computer.