An one-panel, gag-a-day NewspaperComic created in 1968 by Bill Hoest, continued since his death in 1988 by Bunny Hoest and John Reiner.
The comic's protagonist are Leroy and Loretta Lockhorn, a married couple who hate each other.
That's pretty much all there is to it. The strips usually feature Leroy and Loretta making passive-aggressive, sarcastic one-liners at each other, whether to the other's face, or to some third party, though light satire of everyday life also abounds.
!!This comic features tropes such as:
* AllMenArePerverts: Leroy often dances and/or looks at the resident busty woman who happens to be in the room/at the beach/wherever. When Loretta is ''five feet away from him.'' Usually, she just snarks about it.
* AwfulWeddedLife: The source of all humour in the strip.
* DeadpanSnarker: Both protagonists.
* TheEeyore: Both Leroy and Loretta, again.
* MenAreUncultured - Leroy often sleeps through or complains about things Loretta drags him to, some of which are ballets, operas, etc.
* ObnoxiousInLaws: Loretta's mother is a frequent target of Leroy's snark.
* PerpetualFrowner: Everyone's range of expressions consists of "depressed and bored" and "infuriated", with only the occasional "grimly satisfied" or "inebriated".
* PunnyName: The Lockhorns are always "locking horns" with each other.
* NewYork: Many of the locations and places seen in the strip are actual real-life locations in Long Island. Also one strip referred to "Mayor Bloomberg" which pretty much confirmed it.