''Sally Forth'' is the name of both a comic written by Wallace Wood and one of the comic's main characters. Sally Forth was published from 1968 until 1974 intended for US soldiers stationed overseas, and as such, had to prominently feature some female protagonist, resulting in Sally, officially a member of the military, spending most of her time out of her clothes, a predicament not necessarily dictated by the scenario.
While Sally is the title character, the main 'character' is in fact a unit of five soldiers: Q.P. Dahl (the brain), Wild Bill Yonder (the eyes), Kicky [=McCann=] and Hairy James (both muscle), and Sally Forth (archetypal blonde).
Not to be confused with [[ComicStrip/SallyForthHoward the other Sally Forth comic]].
!!This comic provides examples of:
* AchievementsInIgnorance: At least for some time [[spoiler: until Snorky points out the helicopter he is in with Dahl should not be able to fly, causing it to fall at once.]]
* DeadpanSnarker: Mostly Wild Bill Yonder.
* EpunymousTitle: To "sally forth" means to set out on an adventure.
* FanService: The comic, in essence.
* MsFanService: Sally, in essence. But just about any girl in the comic as well.
* PunnyName: Most of the characters names.
* SceneryCensor: Plenty, as the comic was not X-rated and never went beyond nudity, with critical parts hidden behind just about every conceivable prop (including other characters, possibly also nude).