In Rothschild, Wisconsin, a small town surrounded by farms, people die sometimes. When they do, they sometimes come right back to life, just as if nothing had ever happened.
Some people handle it better than others.
Dana Cypress, a divorcee with a young son, is an officer in the Rothschild police department, and she's put in charge of policing the "Revivals," right as their existence is becoming national news. Now she gets to deal with the crimes that follow from the phenomenon, the media circus that erupts around it, and a series of increasingly violent murders committed by the revivals themselves.
''Revival'' is an ongoing horror comic book published by Image, written by Tim (''ComicBook/HackSlash'') Seeley and drawn by Mike Norton.
* BodyHorror: The "revivals," as part of the deal, get a very strong healing factor and greater than normal strength, which restores them to health and awareness without changing anything about their physical appearance. The first "reviver" shown in the series is discovered yanking her teeth out with pliers, then discarding them onto the floor of a barn, only for the teeth to quickly regrow.
* CameBackWrong: A reviver remembers everything about his or her life, but some of them don't have the same emotional connections thereof. Several have picked up a really vicious tendency towards self-mutilation.
* IntrepidReporter: May Tao, who's brought to Rothschild by contacts within its Hmong community.
* IronicEcho: Before Martha comes back again, she's thrown in an open grave as one of the brothers say they wish that she'd ran, because it's more run that way. Guess what she says after she comes back and rips one brother's throat out?
-->'''Martha''': Run. It's more fun when you run.
* TownWithADarkSecret: The dead coming back to life has a bad habit of bringing a lot of people's skeletons out of their closets.