[[caption-width-right:300: "The names Cross, Jahan Cross."]]
''Star Wars: Agent of the Empire'' is a comic book series from Dark Horse Comics written by John Ostrander. Set between 3 BBY and 0 BBY, the miniseries will follow the Imperial Intelligence agent Jahan Cross and his droid IN-GA 44 whose undercover assignments for the Empire take them across the galaxy to exotic locales, filled with danger and intrigue.
The first series, ''Iron Eclipse'' has him deal with the architect of the Stark-Hyperspace War, and his long overdue karmic payback. A sequel series, ''Star Wars: Agent of the Empire: Hard Target'', takes place on Alderaan and deals with Jahan Cross following up on the legacy of Count Dooku's noble house as well as corruption in the Imperial government.
This comic series contains the following:
* AnythingThatMoves: Jahan seems to have no problem with sex with alien females. Played with as this is part of his mission.
** Admittedly, they were stepmother and daughter so he's still pushing it.
* BigBad: [[spoiler: Iaco Stark is the mastermind of his own ''murder.']]
** The second series has its villain revealed to be [[spoiler: the Empire itself.]]
* CaptainErsatz: Jahan Cross is one for James Bond, specifically a combination of the Connery and Craig versions.
* ContinuityPorn: We finally get to see Dooku's homeworld, we get a previous comic series from a decade ago form the crux of another plot, and a substantial portion of the second trade takes place on Alderaan.
** Plus Boba Fett.
** The Stark-Hyperspace War didn't really need to be followed up on but they decided to do so anyway.
* ForTheEvulz: Darth Vader forces the heirs of Serenno's Great Houses to murder their patriarchs as punishment for the Clone Wars.
* GenericDoomsdayVillain: [[spoiler: Iaco Stark becomes one of these after cybernetics have warped his mind.]]
* HandsomeLech: Jahan Cross appears to be one.
* MyCountryRightOrWrong: Jahan has shades of this but it's a much less prevalent attitude than with other Imperials. He's happy doing dirty work for the Empire but actually wants it to be for the Empire versus the corrupt elite which rules it.
* NotQuiteTheRightThing: Jahan Cross stashes the heir to the Dooku family on Alderaan.
* OddFriendship: Jahan Cross is a loyalist Imperial spy and is, apparently, close friends with Bail Organa.
** Doubles as a FailedASpotCheck given Jahan Cross should pick up on the fact Bail Organa is the biggest threat to the Empire there is.
* OneDegreeOfSeparation: Jahan is friends with the Organa family and a former Imperial classmate of Han Solo.
* OvertAgent: Jahan seems to have problems with this.
* RidiculouslyHumanRobot: Averted, surprisingly. IN-GA is supposed to be a sexy human replica robot but Jahan Stark doesn't like droids which look that way.
* ShaggyDogStory: Implied for ''Hard Targets''. Jahan Cross goes to elaborate lengths to save the young Count of Serenno. In the end, he manages to save him. Where does he select for him to hide out? [[spoiler: Alderaan]].
* SpyDrama: Dirty Martini variant. It has glamorous settings, big explosions, and beautiful women, but the main character works for an EvilEmpire (though he isn't really that evil) battling evil enemies.
* XanatosGambit: Jahan Cross is a master of these.
* WouldNotHurtAChild: Jahan Cross' one line. He's perfectly willing to kill anyone else who stands in his way.