Characters from ''ComicBook/YTheLastMan''
!! Yorick Brown
* ActionSurvivor: The series-long theme. His specialties are English, prestidigitation and ''failing'' to train helper monkeys: his world is in the midst of an apocalypse.
%%* AmIJustAToyToYou: To Beth II.
%%* AnimalMotifs: Monkeys
* CelibateHero: Initially. And what he would like to be, in spite of his one-night stand with Beth II.
* FeigningIntelligence: At least from Hero's point of view.
* GrammarNazi: "You split more infinitives than Gene Roddenberry."
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Yorick can be a real dick, but generally means well and cares for others.
* MeaningfulName: This was intentional. His parents were English majors and fans of 'the Bard'.
* PaperThinDisguise: He doesn't try particularly hard to make himself look more feminine. At one point, he even lets himself grow a goatee.
* SadClown: [[spoiler: Similar to StepfordSmiler, below, not that he is fooling anyone.]]
* StepfordSmiler: [[spoiler: To the point where it takes a brutal intervention for him to admit that he's suicidal.]]
%%* SurvivorGuilt: [[spoiler: You. Don't. Say.]]
!! Agent 355
* AllOfTheOtherReindeer: Nobody ''ever'' has fond memories of living in an orphanage.
%%* BrokenBird: As a teenager.
* InseriesNickname: "355" is the designation for the Culper Ring's top female agent.
* MeaningfulRename: To signify her induction into the Culper Ring.
* NoNameGiven: Averted by WordOfGod, the hint was in the panel where Yorick carves her name on a tree. [[spoiler: It was "Peace".]]
* OrphansOrdeal: [[spoiler: Her parents and sisters were killed in a car accident.]]
* OvertOperative: Having a number for a name doesn't help you blend in anywhere. Especially when you introduce yourself to everyone as such.
* PopculturalOsmosisFailure: She doesn't watch [=TV=] and hardly ever gets Yorick's constant pop culture references.
!! Dr. Allison Mann
%%* AllAsiansKnowMartialArts: Discussed and averted.
* AsianAndNerdy: [[CaptainObvious Did the Dr. give it away?]]
* MeaningfulRename[=/=]ShedTheFamilyName: Her original name is Ayuko Matsumori. She did it to piss off her dad. "I chose the most faux-Chinese thing I could think of: Mann's Chinese Theatre.."
* MixedAncestry: Half Japanese and half Chinese.
* ShockValueRelationship: Her father interpreted her newfound sexuality as "lesbian until graduation".
** Also her College girlfriend.
-->'''Mercedes:''' Look, I am sorry, but we graduate in Three weeks. It's time we at least start pretending that we are adults. I hate my old man just as much as you hate yours. But there are less juviline ways to get revenge. Date a black guy or something. \\
'''Mann''': This isn't a game for me! I liked Girls since I was ''four!''
* TrulySingleParent: Gave birth to her own clone at the moment of the gendercide, and believed it was the cause of it
[[folder: Secondary Characters]]
!! Beth Deville
%%* BettyAndVeronica: The Betty to [[spoiler: 355's Veronica]]
!! Hero Brown
* TheAtoner: After being deprogrammed, Hero feels intense guilt and regret for what she did as an Amazon.
* BrainwashedAndCrazy: Joined the Daughters of the Amazons for a time.
* IronicName: Hero the Murderous Misandrist Cultist.
!! Rose Copen
* HeelFaceTurn: [[spoiler:After falling InLoveWithTheMark]]
!! Natalya Zamyatin
* CassandraTruth: The Amazons dismiss her as yet another lunatic when she explains there are men in space. Turns out it was a case of [[spoiler: ButWhatAboutTheAstronauts]]
* NamedWeapon: Her rifle "Rodya", named after her husband.
* ShoutOut: Her surname, "Zamyatin", is one to Yevgeny Zamyatin, author of ''[[Literature:We|We]]'', the novel which directly inspired both Huxley to write ''Literature/BraveNewWorld'' (although he denied it), and for Orwell to write ''1984'' (in [[http://www.orwelltoday.com/weorwellreview.shtml a review of WE]], Orwell called Huxley out for it)
* BigBad: [[spoiler: Subverted. She's' built up as a recuring villain and with her minor army of amazons she looks to be a real threat. Then some ex meth-addict puts an ax into her head.]]
* TheReasonYouSuckSpeech: Towards men in general, but is only able to make it a "you" instead of "they" when Yorick's around.
* StrawHypocrite: Depending if you believe her stories about her being able to defeat world-renowned chess champions at 13 but having been banned from public competition because she was a woman or not, she may be this. But she definately plays it straight by applauding the death of the male gender for the way they oppressed women and twisted feminine virtues against them when she does ''exactly the same thing''. It gets worse when you consider her cult-like emotional manipulation of many women who were victims of abuse or rape, making her no different than the men that hurt them.
!! Alter Tse'elon
* AsLongAsItSoundsForeign: The depiction of this Jewish tradition/superstition is correct, except that "Alter" is the ''male'' form of "the old one", the female form would be "Alte".
** This is shown to be a subversion later, when, in a flashback, her commanding officer comments on her family's choice to name her old '''man'''. She insists it's what her father felt she looked like upon birth.
* BadassIsraeli: The lamentably [[spoiler:insane]] variation.
* FemaleMisogynist: She wants to die a soldier's death, but believes it would be dishonorable to do so at the hands of a woman.
* ItRunsInTheFamily: Being a soldier runs in the blood for her family. Her grandmother operated behind enemy lines in the Israeli War of Independence, and her grand-mother was a member of a all-female Battalion of Death during the Russian Revolution.
* NoNameGiven: Her parents kept her name secret, so that Death [[IKnowYourTrueName could not find her]].
* SuicideByCop: [[spoiler:She tries, but it turns out she [[IfYouKillHimYouWillBeJustLikeHim underestimated Yorick]]]].
* ArrogantKungFuGuy: A killer ''and'' a JerkAss.
!! [[spoiler:Dr. Matsumori]]
* BigBad: [[spoiler: Subverted. Again. Doctor M is indeed the closest thing the series has to a true BigBad but is defeated before the story's actual climax.]]