[[folder: Calvin Rankin / Mimic]]
'''Calvin Rankin / Mimic'''
A young man who accidentally gained the ability to copy the knowledge, physical attributes, skills, and superpowers of anyone near him for a short amount of time. He grew more and more conceited as he grew up and desired the ability to absorb power and knowledge personally. He sought out the X-Men to copy their powers so he could use them to activate a machine his father told him would make his powers permanent, when actually it was supposed to cure him of them. He returned to antagonize the X-Men, either fighting against them or temporarily joining them to show off. Because he was exposed to them for so long, he retains the powers of the original five X-Men permanently. Mimic is of note for being the X-Men's first new member as well as its first non-mutant. Unfortunately, he wasn't with the team for long due to his brash nature.
The Exiles version of the Mimic is from a parallel universe where he joined the X-Men with good intentions and eventually became their leader. This version is a true mutant, and has the ability to permanently absorb the powers of up to five people at a time, but has to "delete" old ones from his body to add new ones.
* [[AnAdventurerIsYou The Jack]]
* AttentionWhore: Pre-CharacterDevelopment
* HeelFaceRevolvingDoor: Currently is firmly set as face.
* MoodSwinger: Justified, since he has bipolar disorder.
* OddFriendship: With Michael Pointer, which doubles as HeterosexualLifePartners. Also, more recently with Rogue.
[[folder: Moira MacTaggert]]
A geneticist and former girlfriend of Professor Xavier. She was introduced to the team in the guise of a maid and struck up a relationship with Banshee.
* BattleButler: Or at least posed as one, rather convincingly.
* LethalChef: Moira [=MacTaggert=] and her coffee. If there was a complaint desk in Excalibur's Muir Island base, probably this would be on the top. To the extent that when Kitty volunteered to take Pete Wisdom to London to check on a friend of his, Brian told him "Buy some coffee while you're there! We've run out of Rory's good stuff." And it didn't even escape Xavier's notice. He once quipped that Jubilee was using Moira's coffee to lubricate her roller skates, and also remarked on it during a video-phone call with Moira:
-->'''Moira:''' Och, it's noon and I'm still barely up. It's the break o' dawn wi' you and ye look fresh as a daisy. Ye make me sick, Charles Xavier.
-->'''Professor X:''' No, Moira. It's your '''coffee''' that makes you sick.
* OffingTheOffspring: Tries to kill her son Proteus at one point, after he's already murdered at least two people. Cyclops interrupts at the last minute.
* ParentalSubstitute: To Rahne Sinclair (Wolfsbane).
* TeamMom: To the Excalibur team
* TheMaidenNameDebate: Moira Mac Taggart (a.k.a Kinross) kept her late husband's name. Strange, considering the fact that he was horribly abusive and that Moira's son Proteus was implied to be the result of marital rape. Partially justified seeing as her husband refused to divorce her, leading to her running away and pretending she was widowed but when he actually died, there was no reason to keep using the name.
[[folder: Valerie Cooper]]
Princess of the Shi'ar, a race of an empire of human-like aliens with vestigial bird-like features. Used telepathy to get Xavier to help her fight against her evil brother ''and'' evil sister.
* TheWomanWearingTheQueenlyMask: Majestrix Lilandra of the Shi'ar who always struggles and frequently fails to hold on to her throne and keep her kingdom from turning into The Empire, despite all the challengers to her rule and the corrupt and warmongering bureaucrats under her
* RoyallyScrewedUp: Her father, brother, and sister are all evil sociopaths.
[[folder: Christopher Summers / Corsair]]
'''Christopher Summers / Corsair'''
* [[spoiler: BackFromTheDead]]
[[folder: Senator Robert Kelly]]
'''Senator Robert Kelly'''
A bigoted senator with personal issues as regards mutants. He started out merely afraid (quite understandably) of what they might do; after his wife was killed in a mutant-on-sentinel battle it became slightly more personal. He wants mutants to be registered and controlled (despite, you know, silly stuff like the constitution), but on occasion has actively fought against more extremist politicians like the pro-genocide Graydon Creed. Swings between WellIntentionedExtremist and StrawmanPolitical, DependingOnTheWriter. The Brotherhood of Mutants keep on trying to kill him and the X-Men keep on saving him in the hopes that one day he'll be grateful. Eventually, [[spoiler:he was. Then an anti-mutant activist killed him anyway]].
* [[spoiler:NeckSnap: Compliments of Ultimaton. He's never been one to stay dead, though]].
* PsychicPowers: ESP, Retroactive Postcognition
* TheQuietOne: He'd rather communicate psychically with other telepaths.
Daken is...difficult to describe. The villainous, sadistic son of Wolverine, he isn't strictly an X-Men villain. He has gone toe to toe with the X-Men in the past, and attempted to kill his father for a time, but has settled on a complicated arrangement best summed up as 'doing whatever he feels like', usually not involving other mutants. He's served as a Dark Avenger, ''borrowing'' his father's moniker. Has all his father's powers, minus the adamantium, as well as the ability to release pheromones that he can use to manipulate other people.
* AntagonisticOffspring: Towards his father, Wolverine.
* BadAssBookWorm: As per his assassin upbringing he recieved a top class education and is very, very intelligent.
* DepravedBisexual: Identifies as an Asexual that uses sex purely for manipulation, according to WordOfGod.
* EvenBadMenLoveTheirMamas: When Ares insulted his mother, Daken was ready to tear him to pieces.
* FanNickName: Trollverine.
* FoeYay: With Bullseye.
* FreudianExcuse: What little of his childhood that has been revealed is unpleasant to say the least.
* MeaningfulName: Daken is Japanese for mongrel. It's stated he chose this name himself.
* RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap: In his solo series.
* SelfMadeOrphan: An ambition at least.
* TheSociopath: Almost textbook extreme level case.
* TrainingFromHell: Ever since he was a child he has been trained as an assassin at the unpleasant hands of Cyber.
* WhatIsEvil: Completely amoral.
[[folder: The Morlocks]]
A group of deformed or outcast mutants who live in the sewers of the cities they inhabit, thought to have been created by Mr Sinister. Usually reclusive and rather unlikely to cause trouble if unprovoked, their powers are often not combat-oriented or just plain weird. Notorious for having been wiped out during the Mutant Massacre by the Marauders and the flooding of their homes by Mikhail Rasputin, they're now reduced to being a groupuscule of freaks. Their run-ins with the X-men and other teams such as X-Factor or even PowerPack have shown that they're a force to be reckoned with nevertheless.
They are often led by Masque or Callisto, two of the least deformed members of the community. Skids, Caliban, Marrow, Feral, Thornn and Spike used to be part of them and usually no longer have any connection with their peers when they leave the sewers.
* AlasPoorVillain: Despite their antagonistic nature, both the X-Men and X-Factor were appalled by what the Marauders did to them.
* AmbiguousGender: No one knows whether Masque is male or female.
* BadBoss: Masque was often referred to as a rather ungrateful leader who often ensured his/her minions' loyalty by disfiguring them.
* TheBaroness: Callisto, due to her role as the leader.
* [[spoiler:BackFromTheDead: Many of them during the Necrosha arc]].
* BeautyIsNeverTarnished: Defied. Masque often made the most attractive ones ugly by giving them a non-human feature on their bodies, such as Pixie's leg or Caliban's face.
* CastFromHitPoints: The imaginatively-named Healer. When he heals a would that would've otherwise killed Callisto, he dies instead.
* TheGrotesque: Many of them such as Chicken Wings, Ape, Mother Inferior or Mole sported extreme deformations, [[KilledOffForReal and ended up accordingly]].
* HarmlessVillain: They're often much less dangerous than what they let on.
* KingOfTheHomeless: Callisto and then Masque.
* PowerNullifier: Leech's primary ability.
* PowerUpgradingDeformation: Their powers often made them into freaks, best examples being Leech, Bliss and Artie.
* PlagueMaster: Plague, who later became one of the Horsemen of Apocalypse.
* WeaksauceWeakness: Many of them often had rather weak or passive powers such as Beautiful Dreamer who could rearrange memories with the smoke of her cigarettes or Piper who could control animals with his flute (though there ''are'' alligators down in those sewers...).
* WeHardlyKnewYe: Tommy, Cybelle and Zeek, who were among the first casualties of the Mutant Massacre.