* AntiHero: Type III (If played as a good cop) Type V (If played as a bad cop)
* ReformedCriminal: From a gangbanger for his Pop's gang to being a cop for the NYPD.
* UnwittingPawn: His FatalFlaw.
* TheGhost: Doesn't appear anywhere in the game, only mentioned. He does narrate the introduction and the endings. Justified as he was in prison.
* NobleDemon: Commends his son's redemption in the Good Cop ending.
* OddFriendship: A kingpin of a gang while friends with the cop Terry.
* WarriorPoet: His description of New York City as he describes it as a beast that swallows you whole while spitting out your bones.
* [[spoiler: BeardOfEvil]]
* [[spoiler: BigBad]]
* KilledOffForReal: Shortly after the beginning, [[spoiler: really he survived. However he either died in an exploding subway cart (Good Cop) or shot in cold blood by Marcus (Bad Cop).]]
* [[spoiler: ManipulativeBastard]]
* OddFriendship: A high ranking inspector for the NYPD while close to the criminal Isaiah.
* [[spoiler: TheMole]]
* FrameUp: A victim of this by [[spoiler: Terry]].
!! Agent Gabriel Whitting
* CloakAndDagger: Pops in and out, pulling the strings and then leaving.
* CoolOldGuy: Once again, played by Creator/ChristopherWalken. Who also played George in the [[VideoGame/TrueCrimeStreetsOfLa first game.]]
* KilledOffForReal: [[spoiler: In the bad ending by a distressed Navarro]]
!! Deena Dixon
* SmurfettePrinciple: The only prominent female cop on the force.
* SugarAndIcePersonality: More gentle to Marcus than to anyone else in her unit.
!! Kev Lar
* TheStarscream: Responsible for attempting to have Marcus and his Pop's killed, but failed.