%% Zero Context Examples are prohibited. Please provide some context for the entries that are commented out before returning them to the page. %%
!!Members of the [[AdaptationNameChange Chambler family]] from the [[LiveActionAdaptation television show]] ''Series/TheWalkingDead'':
!!Due to the AnyoneCanDie nature of the show and quickly moving plots, only spoilers from the current/most recent season will be spoiled out to prevent entire pages of whited out text. If you have not seen Season 1, 2, and 3 read at your own risk!
[[folder: Tara Chambler]]
->'''Portrayed by''': Alanna Masterson
Tara was attending the Atlanta Police Academy before the ZombieApocalypse began, but was picked up by her father and sister before Atlanta fell to the walkers.
* AdaptationalAttractiveness: Possibly. While her comic/novel counterpart is described as overweight, it doesn't specifically stated if she's a BigBeautifulWoman or not.
* AdaptationalBadass: Downplayed, if not subverted, at least at first. She becomes much more competent after a few appearances and quickly overtakes her novel counterpart.
* AdaptationNameChange: Her surname is Chalmers in the comics, not Chambler.
* AdaptationExpansion[=/=]AscendedExtra: In the comics, Tara was a minor character whom the Governor encountered before going to Woodbury. In the show she has a slightly altered characterization and is becoming a main character.
* AdaptationalSexuality: She is a lesbian, while her comic/novel counterpart was straight.
* AloofDarkHairedGirl: She is very antisocial and wry of other people aside from her family.
* TheAtoner: She says outright that she deserves to die for her part in the destruction of the prison and agrees to help Glenn find Maggie in an attempt to make amends.
* ButchLesbian: Of the small and wiry variety.
* CoolAunt: To Meghan.
* DeadpanSnarker: She snarks quite a bit, but its pretty obvious she is doing so to cover for being nowhere near as confident as she appears.
* FauxActionGirl: Compare her to Alisha. At least, until "Inmates" where, after getting some pep talk from Glenn, she joins him in killing some Walkers effectively. Her apparent lack of effectiveness appears to be due to [[HeelRealization understanding what the Governor is]] rather than actual ineffectiveness, as a result.
* GenreBlindness: Despite being almost two years into the apocalypse, she still hadn't figured out to kill walkers by shooting them in the head. Somewhat justified by the fact she would have been [[DamnYouMuscleMemory taught to aim]] for center mass at the Police Academy and hasn't encountered that many walkers.
* [[SirSwearsALot Lady Swears-a-Lot]]: Is rather prone to cursing.
* LesbianCop: Well, cop in training, but the trope still applies.
* LovableCoward: Spends most of the prison battle cowering behind a tank. Then again, at least a small part of that is out of reluctance as she seemed to favor the peaceful solution and is shocked when the Governor [[spoiler:kills Hershel.]]
* MookFaceTurn: Teams up with Glenn post-battle.
* ScrewThisImOuttaHere: After seeing [[spoiler: Hershel get killed]], she decided that she doesn't want to take part in the [[spoiler: prison takeover. After a few close ricochets and a grenade too close for comfort she literally just wanders off away from the direction of the fighting.]]
* ShellShockedVeteran: Glenn finds her caged in at the prison holding a loaded pistol, staring into the distance.
* SoleSurvivor: [[spoiler: As of "Inmates", she is the last surviving member of the Governor's second group and of the Chambler family.]]
* SiblingYinYang: In comparison to her sister, Tara curses and snarks a lot more, along with being more distrustful and less polite.
* TokenGoodTeammate: Of the Governor's militia in "Too Far Gone". She is the only one who seems to favor a peaceful solution, judging from her shocked reaction when [[spoiler:the Governor kills Hershel]] and her unsure expression during Rick's speech. She is also the only one who doesn't open fire on the prison survivors, though it's unclear how much of that is reluctance and how much just fear.
* TomboyAndGirlyGirl: The tomboy to Lily's girly girl.
* TookALevelInBadass: After getting over her HeroicBSOD she appears much more competent in "Inmates" than her previous appearances, taking out several walkers singlehandedly after Glenn collapses.
* YoungerAndHipper: She is the older sister of April Chalmers in the comics.
[[folder: Lilly Chambler]]
->'''Portrayed by''': Audrey Marie Anderson
Lilly is an oncology nurse living with her daughter Megan, sister Tara, and father David in his apartment in rural Georgia. They take in the Governor after the fall of Woodbury, having no clue about his dark past, and Lily begins a relationship with him.
* AdaptationNameChange: The surname of [[CompositeCharacter one of her comic counterparts]] is Chalmers, not Chambler.
* AloofDarkHairedGirl: While not antisocial like her sister, Lilly is more composed but still quite snarky.
* ChekhovsGunman: [[spoiler:It is she who kills the Governor.]]
* CompositeCharacter: Combines some elements of Lily Caul and April Chalmers from the comic/novel continuity.
* DeathByAdaptation: [[spoiler: As of "Inmates". In the source material, April Chalmers survives the book in which she appears and Lily Caul ultimately survives taking shelter in the prison after killing the Governor to avoid the incoming herd of Walkers, becoming the new leader of Woodbury. The television show's CompositeCharacter of the two is instead devoured by that herd after shooting the Governor]].
* [[spoiler:EatenAlive: According to Tara, she allowed a swarm to devour her.]]
* HospitalHottie: She used to be a nurse before the zombie apocalypse.
* KilledOffScreen: [[spoiler: Torn apart by walkers in the prison's field, according to Tara.]]
* LoveInterest: To the Governor.
* MyGreatestFailure: [[spoiler: Following the Governor is what ultimately leads to her daughter's death, and her own death according to her sister.]]
* TheMedic: She puts her medical experience to good use taking care of her father, who is in the late stages of lung cancer. She also patches up The Governor's injuries after he retrieves two oxygen tanks from a nursing home.
* SiblingYinYang: In comparison to Tara, Lilly is politer, more trusting, and less snarky.
* TomboyAndGirlyGirl: The girly girl to Tara's tomboy.
[[folder: Meghan Chambler]]
->'''Portrayed by''': Meyrick Murphy
Meghan is Lilly's daughter. She rarely speaks due to her father abandoning her several years before the series and the ZombieApocalypse.
* BoomHeadshot: [[spoiler: Courtesy of the Governor to prevent her from reanimating.]]
* CanonForeigner: Neither Chalmers sister had a child in the comic. On the other hand, Lily (Caul) has an unborn child.
* DisappearedDad: Went out one night to get beer and lottery ticket, but never came back and this was ''before'' the apocalypse.
%% * KillTheCutie]
%% * TheLoad
* MercyKill: The Governor shoots her in the head after she gets bitten and dies.
* TheQuietOne: Even after the Governor brings her out of her shell she rarely talks.
* ReplacementGoldfish: Becomes a [[LikeADaughterToMe surrogate daughter]] to the Governor.
* ShootTheDog: [[spoiler: At the receiving end of this. [[BoomHeadshot Literally]].]]
* ShrinkingViolet: Due to the zombie apocalypse.
* TooDumbToLive: [[spoiler: Though it is also the fault of both the Governor and Lilly for not teaching her to defend herself from walkers.]]
* ZombieInfectee: [[spoiler: Bitten when playing in the mud close to a river. There was a walker buried in the mud.]]
[[folder: David Chambler]]
->'''Portrayed by''': Danny Vinson
David is Lilly and Tara's dad. He is in the late stages of lung cancer when the Governor begins staying with his family.
* AdaptationNameChange: His surname is Chalmers in the comics, not Chambler.
* [[AndThenJohnWasAZombie And Then David Was A Walker]]: After he breathes his last breath, David comes back to life a few minutes after and tries to attack Tara. Then The Governor comes right in and bashes his head in to save them.
* CoolOldGuy: Prior to turning into a Walker, he's seen playing several games with Meghan to try to cheer her up.
* DeathByIrony: He needed oxygen tanks to help him survive but when he turns the Governor kills him with his oxygen tank.
* HeroOfAnotherStory: He was able to save his entire family right during the ZombieApocalypse outbreak and set up their means of survival up until his illness couldn't let him do so anymore.
* IllBoy: He has lung cancer.
* TheOneGuy: The only surviving male of his family. [[YourDaysAreNumbered For some time, at least]].
%% * PapaWolf
* SacrificialLamb: Even when getting more oxygen, it's pretty evident that he's still going to kick the bucket.
* YourHeadASplode: Courtesy of The Governor with an oxygen tank.
[[Characters/TheWalkingDeadTVShow Click here to return to the main character page]]