!!Characters from the comic series ''ComicBook/TheWalkingDead'':
* [[Characters/TheWalkingDeadComicAtlantaCampSurvivors Grimes family and Atlanta Camp survivors]][[note]]Rick, Lori, Carl, Judith, Andrea, Amy, Carol, Sophia, Allen, Donna, Ben and Billy, Glenn, Dale, Shane, Jim[[/note]]
* [[Characters/TheWalkingDeadComicHershelsFarm Tyreese's Group and Hershel's Farm Survivors]][[note]]Tyreese, Julie, Chris, Hershel, Maggie, Billy, Rachel and Susie, Lacey, Arnold, Otis, Patricia, Hershel Jr.[[/note]]
* [[Characters/TheWalkingDeadPrisonSurvivors Prison Survivors]][[note]]Axel, Dexter, Thomas, Andrew[[/note]]
* [[Characters/TheWalkingDeadComicWoodbury Woodbury Survivors]][[note]]The Governor, Bruce, Gabe, Martinez, Alice, Stevens, Lily, Bob, Harold, Eugene[[/note]]
* [[Characters/AbrahamsGroup Abraham's Group]][[note]]Abraham, Eugene, Rosita[[/note]]
* [[Characters/TheHunters The Hunters]][[note]]Chris, Greg, Charlie, Theresa, Albert, David[[/note]]
* [[Characters/TheWalkingDeadComicAlexandriaSafeZone Alexandria Safe-Zone]]
* [[Characters/TheWalkingDeadComicHilltopColony Hilltop Colony]]
* [[Characters/TheWalkingDeadComicTheSaviors The Saviors]]
* [[Characters/TheWalkingDeadComicTheKingdom The Kingdom]]
* [[Characters/TheWalkingDeadComicMagnasGroup Magna's Group]]
* [[Characters/TheWalkingDeadComicTheWhisperers The Whisperers]]
* [[Characters/TheWalkingDeadComicTheCommonwealth The Commonwealth]]
* [[Characters/TheWalkingDeadComicOtherSurvivors Other Survivors]]
The dead themselves are just as much characters of The Walking Dead as the living survivors are and set the events of the story in motion. While The Walking Dead has mostly shied away from "elite special zombies" the Walkers that appear have been grouped into two types based on behavior.
The first type are called Roamers due to their tendency to travel around in search of prey. This type is more likely to react to noises and movement and will actively seek out living survivors. Often they will also band together into large groups called "herds" which can pose a serious threat to even the most advanced settlements.
The second type are less common and called Lurker's due to their more lethargic disposition. They will often ignore humans who don't get too close but can be even more dangerous than Roamers due to their way of blending into the environment and appearing to be harmless dead bodies until they attack.
Note: Only characters who are introduced as zombies are included below, characters who first appeared as humans and then turned are included in the folders above. Also be aware of unmarked spoilers due to the nature of these characters appearing dead to begin with.
* NotUsingTheZWord: Although they're often called zombies, each group has their own name for them, from Biters to Geeks to Lamebrains.
* OurZombiesAreDifferent: Zombies here are fairly typical, being just rotting animated corpses. Walkers are intelligent enough to follow sound, grip objects and hammer on fences, but that's about it. [[spoiler: Volume 22 suggested a new form of talking walkers may have evolved, but this trope is subverted: they're just survivors who are wearing zombie skins.]]
* PosthumousCharacter: Given that they all became zombies before appearing.
* ZergRush: Herds can wipe out entire settlements if they are big enough.
A helplessly pathetic zombie encountered by Rick on the side of the road in the very first issue. She is put out of her misery by him before he begins his trip to Atlanta.
* AscendedExtra: The live action version of The Walking Dead gives her a backstory and explains how she ended up as the bicycle zombie. This version of her isn't even named.
* EatenAlive: There is barely anything left of her by the time Rick stumbles upon her.
* MercyKill: Rick takes a moment to put her down before moving on at the end of the first issue.
* NoNameGiven: Since she is just a zombie laying on the side of the road this is to be expected. Her nickname comes from the fact that she was found near a bicycle.
** The tv show gives her the name Hannah as well as a proper backstory, but that may not be canon for this version of her.
Hershel's son who was killed before the events of the comic. While he received little focus in the comic itself he serves a much bigger role in the first episode of the video game series by Telltale, which shows how he arrived at his current state. [[spoiler:He is killed by Hershel when he bites and infects his brother Arnold after being let out of the barn.]]
For more information, see [[Characters/TheWalkingDeadVideoGameSeasonOneCharacters his entry on the video game's page.]]
* AscendedExtra: Little more than a named zombie in the comic he gets a bit of backstory in the video game when he rescues Lee and Clementine and brings them to his father's farm for a night.
* DoomedByCanon: His zombie form in the comics makes his fate in the game a forgone conclusion. The actual details of his death are left up to the players choices, however. (For more information refer to his page on the game's character sheet.)
* MercyKill: [[spoiler: He gets shot in the head by his father after killing his brother Arnold.]]
* MultipleChoicePast: While he dies in the game regardless of what the player does several of the details surrounding his death are determined by the choices they make when interacting with him.
!!Mike And Terry
The zombiefied remains of Michonne's boyfriend and his best friend whom she has kept around to mask her presence to the zombies. They are both decapitated by Michonne so she can gain entrance into the prison and join Rick's group.
* OffWithHisHead: Both are decapitated by Michonne when she joins up with Rick's group at the prison.
The Governor's zombified daughter.
* UndeadChild: The Governor keeps her locked in his closet and feeds her human body parts.
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: Is never shown being put down in the series, although [[spoiler: the novel ''Fall of the Governor'' reveals that Lilly did it shortly after the prison assault.]]