Character trope page for ''ThePiratesOfDarkWater''. Beware spoilers, ye swabs!
[[folder: The Wraith's Crew]]
* GoodIsDumb: Mostly averted, but Ren is only seventeen and sometimes gets taken for a fool by crafty one-off villains who play on his kindness.
* HiddenBackupPrince: Prince Ren was raised by a lighthouse keeper unaware of his true heritage until the first episode. Hiding him was proven a wise move, considering [[BigBad Bloth]] had killed Ren's father's other heirs.
* ActionGirl: Even after she gets her ecomancer abilities, she's still consistently competent and remarkably tough.
* CloserToEarth: Leaving out the ecomancer powers, Tula is the only member of the crew who doesn't manage to screw up TheQuest through some personal failing (Ren's innocence, Ioz' greed, Niddler's gluttony)
* NewPowersAsThePlotDemands: Tula's ecomancer powers facilitated a great many plots. About the only thing she couldn't do was kill dark water.
* DistressedDude: SO many times!
* HeManWomanHater: Starts out as this, but gradually mellows throughout the series.
* MrFanservice: Ioz flashes the most skin out of the whole cast.
* MrViceGuy: "I only signed up for this noble adventure [[OnlyInItForTheMoney for the treasure]]!"
* TokenEvilTeammate: Used to work for Bloth, is ''obsessed'' with treasure, and often counsels the most ruthless measures in the series.
** Or TheLancer, in sharp contrast to Ren's [[TheHero Hero]].
* ActionPet: It takes him a while, but he gets there!
* TookALevelInBadass: It's subtle, but by the time the series ended, Niddler had gotten a lot less concerned for his own skin, and was willing to do things like use himself as dagron bait to distract Konk from the crew.
* TrademarkFavoriteFood: Those jitatin minga melons.
[[folder: The Maelstrom's Crew]]
* BadBoss: Just count how many times he has Konk thrown to the Constrictus.
* BigBad: At least he likes to think so...
* LargeHam: TORMENT MY EYES!
* TheDragon: He's one of the cooler heads on the Maelstrom's crew and often advises Bloth, although the latter seems like he'd be happy to [[DevourTheDragon replace him]] of a better option came along.
* FedToTheBeast: Thrown to the Constrictus by Bloth numerous times. It's how he got his PiratePegleg.
** TooSpicyForYogSothoth: ...although it didn't ever manage to eat him. He was its only victim to ever escape (before Ren came along), perhaps because:
---> '''Mantus''': Once the beast had a taste of Konk, why would he want another bite?
* [[MyFriendsAndZoidberg My Friends... and Zoidberg]]: Is the butt of one of these remarks in the episode Andorus.
---> '''Bloth''': You've picked the wrong fight, girl! I have my top swordsmen with me.
---> '''Konk''': Thank you, Master!
---> '''Bloth''': And Konk, too.
---> '''Konk''': Aww.
[[folder: The Dark Dweller and Thralls]]
!!The Dark Dweller
[[folder: Other/One-Shot Characters]]