The main character and hero of the game. The catch is that you play as four Links in these games, but his/their destiny is the same as always. With the Four Sword/s in hand/s, he/they set out to SaveThePrincess and defeat the evil double.
* AlwaysSaveTheGirl: Princess Zelda of course.
* BackToBackBadasses: When he fights alongside the other three Links.
* BashBrothers: Sometimes with the other Links, though not much. [[spoiler:Shadow Link/s]].
* EleventhHourSuperpower: The Four Sword.
Princess Zelda is Link's love interest, and BarrierMaiden of the Kingdom of Hyrule. She also serves as the emotional support and inspiration for the Links.
* DamselInDistress: Kidnapped before the end of the opening cinematic, again! That's got to be a record.
* DesignatedVictim: No surprise here.
* HairOfGoldHeartOfGold: Blonde, check. [[IncorruptiblePurePureness Innocent]], check. Kind, check.
Vaati is a powerful EvilSorcerer in Four Swords, no longer remembering his past as a picori his motivation is entirely based on his lust.
* DirtyOldMan: He's several hundred years old, yet [[FreudWasRight he kidnaps Zelda (who is around fourteen) to be his bride]].
* IHaveYouNowMyPretty: His entire motivation for this game is [[ExcusePlot kidnapping Zelda and making her his bride]].
* LaserGuidedAmnesia: WordOfGod stated that this is the reason why he seems different from his Minish Cap interpretation. Apparently Link gave him amnesia with the first defeat.
* MeaningfulName: In the Japanese version he's called "Gufu" which literally means "hurricane".
* SealedEvilInACan: He starts out sealed in the Four Sword.