This page is for the characters of the FX television show, ''Series/TheBridgeUS''.
This page is currently under construction. NeedsWikiMagicLove.
[[folder: Law Enforcement]]
!! Det. Sonya Cross
A member of the El Paso police department.
->'''Played By:''' DianeKruger
* AmbiguousDisorder: WordOfGod says it's UsefulNotes/AspergerSyndrome.
* BrutalHonesty: Not the person you want notifying a victim's family.
* FakeAmerican : Although [[NotEvenBotheringWithTheAccent Diane Kruger isn't doing much to conceal her German accent]], so the show may reveal that she is in fact German
* LackOfEmpathy: This gets her thrown out of the house of the husband of the murdered judge.
!! Det. Marco Ruiz
A homicide detective for the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
->'''Played By:''' Demián Bichir
* BewareTheNiceOnes: Despite his friendly demeanor, he's actually the bad cop of the GoodCopBadCop duo with Sonya.
* CowboyCop: Relatively mild example. Given the state of the [[DirtyCop Mexican police]], breaking a few rules is practically the only way to get real detective work done.
* HonorBeforeReason: [[spoiler: Despite having no obligation or expectation to do so, he returns a suitcase full of money to a ruthless drug lord. And then, just to make it clear that he's not a CorruptCop, he turns down a reward from said drug lord.]]
* JumpingOffTheSlipperySlope:[[spoiler: In the last scene of the first season, he asks Fausto to help him get at David Tate so he can kill him personally.]]
* KnightInSourArmor: Admits that most murders aren't even investigated in Mexico, due to the sheer number of them.
* LawOfInverseFertility: His wife gets pregnant right before he has a vasectomy.
* OnlySaneEmployee: One of the few cops in his department that isn't corrupt.
* YourCheatingHeart: [[spoiler: A past love affair is what turns David Tate into a killer.]]
!! Lt. Hank Wade
A jaded El Paso cop and Detective Cross' supervisor.
->'''Played By:''' Ted Levine
* AFatherToHisMen: To Sonya and Marco.
* OnlyFriend: Seems to be the only one who understands Sonya.
!! Det. Tim Cooper
Part of the El Paso branch, he's one of the guys on the case. Calls out Sonya for receiving favoritism from Hank.
->'''Played By:''' Johnny Dowers
!! Captain Alejandro Robles
A mostly corrupt captain of the Chihuahua State Police. Marco's boss.
->'''Played By:''' Juan Carlos Cantu
!! Manny Stokes
A bumbling El Paso County sheriff.
->'''Played By:''' Larry Clarke
!! Celia Delgado
One of Marco's colleagues.
->'''Played By:''' Ellie Araiza
!! Kitty Conchas
The receptionist at El Paso PD's CAP.
->'''Played By:''' Diana Maria Riva
!! Richard Heller
An FBI agent, attached to the task force.
->'''Played By:''' Alex Fernandez
!! Ralph Gedman
An FBI agent, attached to the task force.
->'''Played By:''' David Meunier
[[folder: El Paso Ranch]]
!! Charlotte Millwright
A wealthy widowed wife of a rancher.
->'''Played By:''' Annabeth Gish
* DarkSecret: Discovers that her late husband smuggled illegals across the border through a tunnel to his ranch.
* GoldDigger: What her stepdaughter thinks of her.
* [[spoiler:KickTheSonOfABitch: Kills Graciela and Tim]]
* NiceToTheWaiter: To her servant Cesar.
* [[spoiler: WhyDontYaJustShootHim]]
A friend and former lover of Charlotte.
->'''Played By:''' Brian Van Holt
* EvenEvilHasStandards: [[spoiler: Couldn't bring himself to kill his good friend Tim, even after he's found out to be a criminal informant.]]
* FriendsWithBenefits: with Charlotte
* UnwittingInstigatorOfDoom: His friend Tim, an FBI informant, gets him guns to smuggle through Graciela with transmitters on them; when Graciela finds them, she assumes Charlotte is the informant.
* WhatAnIdiot: Not the brightest gun smuggler out there.
Charlotte's servant at the ranch.
->'''Played By:''' Alejandro Patino
* [[spoiler: BigDamnHeroes]]
!! Kate Millwright
Karl Millwright's daughter, Charlotte's stepdaughter.
->'''Played By:''' Emily Wickersham
!! Daniel Frye
A newspaper reporter whose once-promising career has been derailed by a life of parties and substance abuse.
->'''Played By:''' Matthew Lillard
* ILetGwenStacyDie: [[spoiler: He takes some of the blame for the deaths of David Tate's family.]]
* JadedWashout --> IntrepidReporter
* JerkAss --> JerkWithAHeartOfGold
* MoralityPet: Adrianna
** Though he's attempting to get sober.
!! Adriana Mendez
A young reporter who works with Frye.
->'''Played By:''' Emily Rios
!! Steven Linder
A lone wolf trying to survive in the lawless borderland.
->'''Played By:''' Thomas M. Wright
!! Fausto Galvan
A drug lord in Mexico.
->'''Played By:''' Ramón Franco
* AffablyEvil: A nice enough guy, for a drug lord
* BewareTheSillyOnes: a mild example; while he is a bit of a weird guy who has a tendency to have [[SeinfeldianConversation Seinfeldian Conversations]] with his [[TheDragon Dragon]], the show never downplays that he is a ''very'' dangerous guy
* EvenEvilHasStandards: He notes that he's not a serial killer, because he doesn't enjoy killing.
* PragmaticVillainy: Fronts up ransom money for a woman kidnapped by the serial killer, just to get the Feds out of Mexico.
!! Gustavo "Gus" Ruiz
Marco's son from a previous marriage.
->'''Played By:''' Carlos Pratts
* IntergenerationalFriendship: With Sonya.
* [[spoiler: KilledOffForReal]]
* NotSoDifferent: When Sonya opens up about how hard her AmbiguousDisorder makes it for her to read people, he reminds her that he's the one who brought her flowers she didn't want.
* [[spoiler: StuffedIntoTheFridge]]
* WhatTheHellHero: Will call out his dad for his extramarital affairs.
!! Alma Ruiz
Marco's current wife.
->'''Played By:''' Catalina Sandino Moreno
* [[spoiler: DamselInDistress]]
* [[GoodParents Good Parent]]: Treats her stepson Gus like her own, even after she kicks Marco out of the house for cheating.
* YourCheatingHeart: Only after discovering Marco's infidelity.
!! Kenneth Hastings/[[spoiler:David Tate]]
->'''Played By:''' Eric Lange
* [[spoiler:DisproportionateRetribution: Against everyone who unknowingly had a hand in the deaths of his wife and son.]]
* [[spoiler:FaceHeelTurn: The deaths of his wife and son.]]
!! Graciela Rivera
An older Mexican woman who operates the tunnel under the Millwright ranch.
-->'''Played By:''' Alma Martinez
* [[TheDon La Jefa]] Smuggles people, although not above smuggling weapons.
---> "Shall we start with the face?"
!! Eva Guerra
A young Mexican woman whom Steven Linder smuggles over the border to a safehouse.
->'''Played By:''' Stephanie Sigman
!! Hector 'Calaca' Valdez
One of Fausto Galvan's sicarios, Eva's boyfriend.
->'''Played By:''' Arturo del Puerto
!! Jackson Childress
A disturbed vigilante, kicked off the police force.
->'''Played By:''' Chris Browning
* [[spoiler: RedHerring]]
---> "I was trying to shoot the Mexican."
!! Jim Dobbs
The man who raped and murdered Sonya's sister, Lisa.
->'''Played By:''' Brad William Henke
!! Gina Meadows
A young El Paso girl, first seen at the police station being held overnight for shoplifting.
->'''Played By:''' Cole Bernstein
One of Fausto Galvan's enforcers.
->'''Played By:''' Daniel Edward Mora
!! Sofia Mendez
->'''Played By:''' Blanca Araceli
* [[HaveYouTriedNotBeingAMonster Have You Tried Not Being Gay?]]: How she approaches her daughter's sexual orientation. It leads to conflict.
!! Daniela Mendez
Adriana's younger sister. She stopped going to school to work in a maquiladora.
->'''Played By:''' Lorena McGregor
The owner of a ranch that doubles as a safehouse for abused women.
->'''Played By:''' Jon Gries
!! Cristina Fuentes
A young Mexican woman, whose bottom half was found on the Bridge of the Americas. Came north to Juarez to work in the maquiladoras, but turned to prostitution.
->'''Played By:''' Natalie Amenula
A Mexican woman trying to cross the border.
->'''Played By:''' Karen Sours
Steven Linder's coworker at the homeless shelter.
->'''Played By:''' Diane Delano
!! Monte P. Flagman
A mysterious lawyer, employed by Graciela Rivera, Charlotte's husband, and eventually Charlotte herself.
->'''Played By:''' Lyle Lovett
* AmoralAttorney: Sort of. He doesn't appear to be worse than any other lawyer; he just represents some '''very''' evil people.
* PunchClockVillain: He'll help anyone who can pay his fees.