This character sheet is for Survivors (2008 version).
The de facto matriarch and moral compass of the group, determined on finding her missing son Peter, who she believes is still alive. She is also the only character to have ''fought off'' the virus rather than being naturally immune.
* ParentalSubstitute: for Naj
A highly-organized individual, Greg is shown to be the most prepared for the practical concerns of living in a post-apocalyptic road. Despite his wishes to be solitary and self-sufficient, Greg is convinced by Abby to remain with the group.
* CrazySurvivalist: The less aggressive, rational, but heavily isolationist kind.
* IneffectualLoner: Originally he was just going to stick around till the group was settled... yet he still hasn't managed to leave.
* WillTheyOrWontThey: Greg and Abby
A toughened criminal who was serving 20 years for murder when the virus struck. Resilient and without fear, Tom is able to kill without remorse. Although it initially appeared as though he was being introduced as a villain, he instead found a place in Abby's group of survivors. Largely through Anya, he has become increasingly loyal to the group, even risking his life at times to protect them.
* AntiHero: For quite some time in the first few episodes the only real difference between him and any other antagonist was that he was on their side.
* TokenEvilTeammate: Or is he?
!'''Dr. Anya Raczynski'''
A doctor who witnessed hundreds of deaths in the hospital where she worked thanks to the virus, including her friend Jenny Walsh. She joins the group after helping a wounded Tom, but for a while chooses to reject her medical profession out of guilt.
* BiTheWay: Much to Tom's disgust.
* DrivenToSuicide: She changed her mind
* MoralityChain: for Tom
* UnresolvedSexualTension: Tom and Anya
* WillTheyOrWontThey: Tom and Anya [[spoiler: They finally do near the end of the second season when they think everyone may die]].
!'''Najid 'Najā' Hanif'''
An 11-year-old, devout Muslim boy. Najid is a friendly, honest and considerate member of the group who easily accepts them as a kind of family.
* MouthyKid: Naj tends to speak his mind, which isn't necessarily a bad thing
* TagAlongKid: Subverted, as initially it is Al that has to convince Naj to tag along with him.
Previously a wealthy (thanks to his father) materialist playboy, Al was very unprepared for life without modern technology. After finding Najid alone in the city, they two developed a close paternal relationship.
* AntiRoleModel: Samantha uses this as an argument from taking Naj away from Al.
* BigBrotherMentor or ParentalSubstitute: to Naj
* TheLoad: Al starts off fairly useless, and is treated this way by a lot of people. He's working on it.
A pampered, selfish hedonist before the outbreak, Sarah has not adapted well to life in the new world. She is frequently an unreliable burden to the group, rarely offering to help, and at one point betraying Anya's medical aptitudes to Samantha Willis. Several times she has used her looks to gain favours, though this has not always worked out in the way she planned.
* ClingyJealousGirl: To Tom, during season 1 and 2, until he made it clear to her that he is not interested.
* RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap: She spends a majority of the first season being useless at best and outright villainous at worst. But during the second season, she begins to put more effort into acting like a better member of the group.
* TheVamp: Attempted to sleep with every man in the group except Naj.
* WillTheyOrWontThey: Al and Sarah
!'''The Right Honourable Samantha Willis MP'''
A politician who is one of the last remaining members of what is left of the British government. She is bent on restoring order and law by reestablishing a system of government. Her desire to find authority and order leads to her to become one of the leading antagonist figures during the series.
* IDidWhatIHadToDo: Claims giving death sentences to small crimes and creating an alliance with murderers are a NecessaryEvil for the greater good of humanity.
* JudgeJuryAndExecutioner: She has a jury. Though if they don't give the verdict she would like, she is quick to dismiss them.
* StartOfDarkness: She starts off with well enough intentions, but over time in the series she is driven corrupt and mad with power, making allegiances with violent gangs and slave traders.