''Series/SuperhumanSamuraiSyberSquad'' character sheet.
->[-Played by: Matthew Lawrence-]
The main protagonist of the series. Sam is the lead guitarist of a teen rock band called Team Samurai. In a freak accident with his personal computer, Sam gains the ability to transform into a cybernetic superhero Servo, a guardian tasked with saving the world from the evil digital menace Kilokhan.
* ChivalrousPervert: Despite his heroism, Sam is not above G-rated sexual deviance.
* FinishingMove: Subverted in that Servo has multiple finishing moves all connected to his Grid Power. He can charge up energy and shoot it through the blaster on his left gauntlet, he can generate a crescent-shaped beam with his hands and throw it at the virus, or he charge his power into his feet and jump kick the virus.
* IJustWantToBeNormal: Sam goes through this when he bemoans his slipping grades, lack of time with his band and girlfriend.
** AnAxeToGrind: One form of both sword and shield combined.
** CoolSword: Sheathed inside the shield when not in use.
** GoodOldFisticuffs: Servo mostly engages in unarmed combat.
** LuckilyMyShieldWillProtectMe: The default mode of all of Servo's melee weapons.
->[-Played by: Kevin Castro-]
Team Samurai's drummer and the school's best player on the football team. Tanker is eager for a good battle and a good meal. When not fighting, drumming, or eating, he longs to be with Sydney.
* BigEater: Lack of food will drive him crazy.
* BookDumb: Tanker isn't by any means stupid, but grades are not one of his priorities.
* LovableJock: One of nicest athletes in school. He only becomes a JerkJock where Malcolm is concerned. However, Malcolm deserves whatever Tanker wants to dish out.
* ReluctantHero: When Sam is unavailable to be Servo, Tanker does not feel up to the task.
* UnresolvedSexualTension: With Sydney
!!Sydney "Syd" Forrester/Borr
->[-Played by: Robin Mary Florence-]
Keyboard player, vocals, and computer genius. The tomboyish Syd is constantly maintaining Servo's programs, keeping Sam in top form.
* AcePilot: When in Syberspace.
* NiceHat: Constantly wearing hats that were in style at the time.
* ThisIsADrill: Her main weapon as Borr.
->[-Played by: Troy Slaten-]
Bass player and a total space case.
* AcePilot: When he goes into Syberspace.
* GeniusDitz: For all his quirks, he's an outstanding bass player (the band was originally hoping to recruit Amp's brother for his talent, only to learn that Amp taught his brother how to play), and an AcePilot in Syberspace.
* HiddenDepths: Despite his outlandish non-sequiturs, Amp can be very insightful.
* PutOnABus: Partway through the show his weirdness is revealed to have been because he was actually an alien visiting Earth who returns to his home planet.
* TeacherStudentRomance: He develops a one-sided crush on a teacher, but nothing of this crush is ever mentioned again.
!!Lucky London/Vitor II
->[-Played by: Rembrant-]
Amp's replacement with a love for surfing.
* AcePilot: In Syberspace.
* DumbBlonde: Male variant.
* SuspiciouslySimilarSubstitute: He receives no formal introductory episode. He just shows up when Team Samurai needs another person like Amp.
->[-Voiced by: Creator/TimCurry-]
The main villain of the show. Kilokhan is a rogue military artificial intelligence hell bent on ruling the world. He uses his powers to bring Malcolm's drawings to life as Mega Virus Monsters to wreck havoc on the digital world.
* BadAssBaritone: Tim Curry at his best, folks.
* CoolAndUnusualPunishment: Kilokhan has come up with various creative but non-lethal punishments for Malcolm whenever one of his viruses is destroyed. These have ranged from hypnotizing Malcolm to confess that he's been cutting class and getting detention to ''zapping all of Malcolm's hair off''.
* CreativeSterility: Despite his powers, he lacks the creative abilities to design and program viruses. Hence he needs Malcolm to design the viruses for him.
* EvilOverlord: Of the digital world as he always proclaims.
* NonActionBigBad: He does nothing more than bark orders at Malcolm, bring monsters to life, and curse at Servo...[[spoiler:right up until he personally engages Servo and shows just how lucky Team Samurai is that he's never tried to fight them personally before now.]]
* VerbalTic: After an EvilLaugh, he will sometimes utter a phrase appropriate to the situation.
->[-Played by: Glen Beaudin-]
A classmate from Sam's school. Malcolm is lonely kid who wears black and has artistic talent. When he and Kilokhan form an alliance, Malcolm uses Kilokhan's abilities to bring his monsters to life to make others miserable.
* AdaptationalVillainy: Unlike his Japanese counterpart, Malcolm wasn't brainwashed into creating monsters for the BigBad.
* EvenEvilHasStandards: Although Malcolm loves seeing Team Samurai humiliated, and doesn't necessarily care when other people's lives are endangered, but he draws the line at Kilokahn trying to use a virus to activate America's nuclear arsenal to start World War III.
* EvilIsPetty: Much to Kilokhan's chagrin.
* HeelFaceTurn: He became this in what was intended to be the GrandFinale. Had the new Gridman series been produced, Malcolm would have become the new Servo, just as his Japanese counterpart was intended to be the new Gridman.
* TheRival: He competes for Sam's girlfriend Jennifer.
* LonersAreFreaks: He's often treated as such by the other characters, which gives him some basis for his bitterness.
* MadArtist: He's not insane, but he's bitter, withdrawn and antisocial. He's also a very talented sketch artist.
* VileVillainSaccharineShow: Less so than Kilokhan. It becomes horrific when you realize that any 21st century teen who exhibits the same kind of behavior as Malcolm does is not to be taken lightly.
* [[spoiler:YouHaveOutlivedYourUsefulness: Once Kilokhan has Team Samurai at his mercy, he no longer needs Malcolm.]]