Since this Solid Snake is in an AlternateContinuity, tropes that only apply to this version should be put here.
For other characters in the franchise, see the ''Metal Gear'' character index at Characters.MetalGear.
[[folder: Lt. Solid Snake]]
* FieldPromotion: Unlike in the canonical sequels, Solid Snake stayed on FOXHOUND, and was apparently promoted to Lieutenant for his actions in Outer Heaven.
* SleevesAreForWimps: The character sprite (both in overhead and side-view segments) depict Snake wearing a tank top.
* DistressedDamsel: [[spoiler:Her cover ended up blown by the enemy personnel, resulting in her capture.]]
[[folder: Big Boss]]
* RoboticReveal [[spoiler:Big Boss wants revenge on Snake for inflicting him with injuries severe enough to force him to become a cyborg.]]
* BlackDudeDiesFirst: He is the only one of Snake's two allies who is confirmed dead by the end of the game (John's fate is left ambiguous)
* TokenMinority: The only black guy among the FOX HOUND team deployed to Operation 747.
* TrojanPrisoner: He allows himself to be captured in order to lessen security on the base enough for Snake to infiltrate. Unfortunately, he ends up being replaced with an imposter shortly thereafter.
* WhatNowEnding: He is kidnapped by the enemy early in the mission and replaced by an imposter who tries to gain Snake's trust. Whether the real John died or is being kept prisoner somewhere else is left uncertain.
* NoNameGiven: The only one of Snake's radio contacts who is never named.