%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
->'''Played By:''' Creator/RoseMcGowan
* ActionGirl: Once she's taken a level in badass, she ''tears shit up''.
* AnArmAndALeg: Loses a leg during the movie.
* ClusterFBomb: Special mention goes to:
--> '''Cherry''': Look, you were being an unbelievable dick. I was walking out on you. I was cold, I took your fucking jacket. So, if you're go on one of your psycho, obsessive, controlling rants about a fucking jacket, then fucking take it 'cause I'd rather fucking freeze than fucking hear about it one more time!
* CombatStilettos: Well, she only has the one stiletto for her action scenes, but the point remains.
* DeadpanSnarker: Recognised as one in-universe. Before the plot kicked off, she intended to become a stand-up comedienne. Wray thinks she could still pull it off.
--> '''Wray''' Some of their best jokes are about cripples!
* HandicappedBadass: It's only after losing her leg that she actually ''becomes'' a badass.
* LegCannon: Literally; she has an assault rifle instead of a leg for the last twenty minutes of the film.
* NoNameGiven: "Cherry Darling" is unlikely to be her real name, and "Palomita" is just Wray's name for her.
* RocketJump: In the climax, she uses the grenade launcher attached to the assault rifle serving as her leg to launch herself into the air.
* SomeoneToRememberHimBy: [[spoiler:She gives birth to Wray's daughter after he dies saving her]].
* TookALevelInBadass: Words fail to describe.
* WomanInWhite: At the end.
->'''Played By:''' Freddy Rodriguez
* BrutalHonesty: Bluntly tells Cherry that she isn't funny when she expresses her desire to become a comedienne.
* DeadpanSnarker: He has a very dry sense of humour.
* FragileSpeedster: He's small and quick, but he can't endure any actual hits.
* HeroicSacrifice: He dies saving [[spoiler:a pregnant]] Cherry from a zombie soldier.
* MysteriousPast: The fact that he's called ''El'' Wray is apparently significant. That's about all we know.
* PintSizedPowerhouse: He's even shorter than Cherry, yet Wray is a veritable OneManArmy
[[folder:Dr. William Block]]
!!Dr. William Block
->'''Played By:''' Josh Brolin
* BeardOfEvil: A rather thick goatee.
* CreepyMonotone: He raises his voice maybe once. The rest of the time, it's cold and steady.
* DeadlyDoctor: He never actually kills anyone on-screen, but he gives off this vibe, especially after his infection.
* DomesticAbuser: Bad enough that his wife was planning to take their son and leave him.
* FourEyesZeroSoul: Thick glasses for a complete asshole and abusive husband.
* KarmicDeath: Gunned down by his abused wife's father.
* MorallyAmbiguousDoctorate: This doctor is also a scumbag wife-beater.
[[folder:Dr. Dakota Block]]
!!Dr Dakota Block
->'''Played By:''' Marley Shelton
* AdrenalineMakeover: By the end of the film, she's ditched the white coat and done-up hairstyle. Her makeup also fades over the course of the film.
* BiTheWay: She was planning to leave her husband for another woman, and seems to be attracted to Cherry.
* BrokenBird: Domestic abuse and [[spoiler:losing a son]] will do that to you.
* HospitalHottie: Lampshaded by Bill's friend Joe, who makes several remarks about Dakota... to her husband's face.
* MamaBear: [[spoiler:Although this doesn't last long.]]
* TookALevelInBadass: From a cringing BrokenBird to genuine badass.
->'''Played By:''' Jeff Fahey
* BadassBeard: A pretty nice one, too.
* CrouchingMoronHiddenBadass: He comes off as a witless hillbilly, but JT gets quite a few zombie kills under his belt.
* CoolOldGuy: Looks to be in his fifties, yet he's quite a badass.
* DeadpanSnarker: After Wray orders a cup of coffee at his restaurant.
--> '''Wray''': I still eat here, JT.\\
'''JT''': Oh, yeah. Try not to choke on all that food you're eatin'.
* NiceHat: A gray baseball cap he's never seen without.
* TeamChef: His barbecue is apparently so "goddamn good" that Jesse James built him a motorcycle "free of fucking charge" in return.
->'''Played By:''' Michael Biehn
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: He raised his brother's rent in an attempt to steal his recipe for barbecue sauce, but they genuinely love each other.
* TheSheriff: Of the unnamed town in the film.
->'''Played By:''' Rebel Rodriguez
* InfantImmortality: [[spoiler:Averted by RecklessGunUsage.]]
* TheLoad: He's nothing but a hindrance to his mother's attempts to save them from the entire town going to hell.
* TooDumbToLive: His mother told him not to point the gun at himself. [[spoiler:Guess what he did]].
->'''Played By:''' Bruce Willis
* BigBad: The main antagonist of ''Planet Terror''. [[BigBadEnsemble Apart from the zombies, that is]].
* TheComicallySerious: His response to being handed a bag of his men's severed balls was just to glare.
* FallenHero: He went from killed Osama bin Laden to making deals with a MadScientist and detaining plague survivors.
* AFatherToHisMen: His entire motivation is to try and keep his men alive.
->'''Played By:''' Creator/NaveenAndrews
* BoomHeadshot: One that blows his head completely apart.
* DeadpanSnarker: "Science comes first, but business comes a close fucking second."
* EvilBrit: British accent meets MadScientist.
* FauxAffablyEvil: He's snarky and friendly enough, but basically the ''entire movie'' is his fault, and he has a disturbing interest in collecting men's severed testicles.
* MadScientist: He created the DC-2 that sets off the events of the film.
* SurprisinglySuddenDeath: He looks around a corner and... [[BoomHeadshot ka]]-[[YourHeadAsplode blam]].
* TokenEvilTeammate: Distinctly amoral and slightly villainous at best. However, he intends to cure the virus if the group can escape with their lives (which kind of goes south when Abby himself bites it, but he gets points for trying).
* UnwittingInstigatorOfDoom: He only released the DC-2 to save himself from Muldoon's men. He certainly didn't intend to set off a ZombieApocalypse.
* YourHeadAsplode: His BoomHeadshot is anything but [[PrettyLittleHeadshots pretty]].
->'''Played By:''' Michael Parks
* BigDamnHeroes: Kills Bill Block just before he would have killed Dakota.
* KillTheOnesYouLove: He had to kill his wife Ramona when she became infected.
* OneManArmy: He held off the ''massive'' swarm of zombies that attacked JT's, and not only lived, he made his way to the military base in time for a BigDamnHeroes moment.
->'''Played By:''' Creator/TomSavini
* ButtMonkey: Gets his finger bitten off, accidentally shoots a hospital patient, accidentally shoots his boss (both of which earn him the title of "dumbass" from Hague), and then is torn apart by zombies. Poor bastard.
->'''Played By:''' Stacy Ferguson
* MaleGaze: Subject to this from JT.
* MsFanservice: Short shorts and a low-cut, midriff exposing top? JT probably puts it best.
--> '''JT''': Now ''there's'' a rump roast.
* LipstickLesbian: We meet Tammy when she's en-route to save her girlfriend from an abusive marriage.