The leader of the titular League, a short red man, always seen wearing a helmet. He is very determined, yet most of the times his persistant plots for domination are foiled either due to poor planning, bad luck, short-sightedness/pettiness or the ineptness of his minions. But most of the time, its all of the above.
* AmbiguouslyHuman: Even without his helmet or suit, he's shown to have extremely pale skin and entirely black eyes with glowing yellow pupils. [[EpilepticTrees He could be an alien invader of some kind, which would explain a few things.]]
* BigBad: Subverted as A. he only ''thinks'' he's bad, and B. he's not that big.
* BigBadWannabe: Believes himself to be a great villain, though his schemes rarely do more than annoy the neighbours. And that's when they work. Always upstaged by every other villain, especially Skullossus
* EvilIsPetty: Though pettiness is all that really makes him evil.
* ExpressiveMask: "Voltar Squared" revealed that his face is actually a helmet. Thus, its probably one of the most expressive masks ever created.
* GlowingEyesOfDoom: Perhaps the reason he is the leader of the League.
* LargeHam: Sure, his plans usually do little more than annoy the neighbours, but he's so ''enthusiastic'' about how '''evil''' they are.
* TheNapoleon: He's no bigger than the neighbourhood kids, but acts like the greatest villain of all time.
* PointyHairedBoss: For being the leader of a supervillain team, his schemes never seem to accomplish much. He also tends to disregard suggestions by Dr. Frogg, who is quite capable.
* PokeThePoodle: What most of his acts of 'villainy' involve, such as selling shampoo that would make everyone's hair sticky.
* RedOniBlueOni: The red to Frogg's blue.
* SmallNameBigEgo: He's mostly ignored as a villain, but convinced he's a global threat.
* [[spoiler: TragicVillain: The WholeEpisodeFlashback reveals he was at one point the Hall Monitor of Metrotown's Hero School, and would have been the next big hero if Glory Guy hadn't bribed his way up.]]
* ButtMonkey: Most of the abuse and physical humour tends to happen to him.
* TheChewToy: Often literally, as Doomageddon loves chewing on his mechanical hands.
* DeadpanSnarker: Being a supergenius, is often annoyed by Voltar's idiocy and lack of ambition beyond annoyance.
* TheDragon: Seems to be the second-in-command, and often called upon to design the devices to enact Voltar's schemes.
* EvilGenius: The only guy on the team that actually deserves this title.
* GoodHurtsEvil: Is shown to hate good things like rainbows and happiness. He considered the SugarBowl dimension that Doomageddon teleports to a hellish torture.
* LikesOlderWomen: He has a crush on The Cougar.
* OnlySaneMan: If one of Voltar's plans are stupid, nonthreatening, and childish even more than usual (and that's saying something!) Frogg will point it out.
* NoCelebritiesWereHarmed: His voice is an imitation of PeterLorre.
* RedOniBlueOni: The blue to Voltar's red.
* AffablyEvil: He focuses more on a lot of things other than being evil.
* BewareTheNiceOnes: When he gets really angry, he can be ''really'' dangerous
* TheBrute: InNameOnly.
* DumbMuscle: Usually somewhat childish, and sometimes fails to get things for a joke. Just as often, though, he's shown as bright and resourceful. One episode showed Red scoring higher on a computerized intelligence test than Voltar.
* EvilRedhead: Though, not so much evil.
* GentleGiant: Helps little old ladies cross the street.
* MinionWithAnFInEvil: Likes baking cupcakes, and suggests reasonable ("good") solutions to problems. The only reason he became a supervillain was because he was disgusted at how [[GoodIsNotNice corrupt]] and [[SuperDickery obnoxious]] the superheroes at his school were.
* TokenGoodTeammate: He's a generally nice guy, really.
* SugarBowl: Where he teleports to, according to Doktor Frogg.
* DaddysLittleVillain: Subverted. She's BigGood Action Guy's daughter and a complete and utter brat.
* PoweredArmor: Nagged her dad into letting her use it.
* SitcomArchNemesis: To the League.
* FaceHeelTurn: Briefly became ''In''justice Gene, which went about as well as his other career choices.
* SeriousBusiness: He took his neighborhood watch job VERY seriously.
* SitcomArchNemesis: To the League.
* BadassNormal: He's a GIJoe style hero who manages to fight regular super villains on a daily basis.
* BigBad: Despite Voltar's boasts, Skullossus is this to the world at large.
* MechaMooks: His Skullmandos ''might'' be this.
* MobileSuitHuman: He's actually just a skull atop a massive robotic body.