This is the character page for the game.
The main character or "You". The personality of the character both depends on the partner recruited, and how the player acts, although it's not shown that much. The player is unable to attack or stun the monster by themselves, but with the help of certain partners, they can stun it.
* FeaturelessProtagonist: The game tells you that you're the main character. That's it, no other info.
* [[spoiler:TomatoInTheMirror: The Dark Messiah is you!]]
After being the other surviving person on the train wreck, she decides to follow you. She is the first partner you can have, and has quite the advantage of showing the position of the monster. Although she's pretty passive, she's quite a nice person.
* BrownNote: Strangely enough, can sometimes have this effect on the monster, occasionally stopping it in its tracks for a moment like any other companion.
* EnemyDetectingRadar: Her special ability. Although there's only one enemy, it's still useful.
A serial killer with a gun, which he got from his first victim. Who was a police officer. He also kills stuff out of boredom. He's the second partner the player can encounter, and have him follow them around if Naomi died. He can stun the monster with his gun. [[spoiler:He was also on the train the player and Naomi was on, but he managed to escape before both of them recovered.]]
He was sent in with his squad to wipe out the monster. It went... bad. Being the only survivor of the squad, he decided to hunt it down, finish the mission, and escape. Now he's stuck in The Mesh. He carries a rocket launcher that can stun the monster for a while.
* UsefulNotes/RussiansWithRustingRockets: Literally.
After hearing about the kidnappings done by the cultists, she decided to get the scoop of the year. Easier said than done. After following the cultists to reveal why they are kidnapping people, she finds herself stuck in the underground tunnels of Tokyo. She is the last partner the player can recruit. She also carries an Uzi, but with a limited amount of ammo, requiring the player to be careful.
A mysterious cult that believes that the end is nigh and that the world will be judged by their Dark Messiah. They chase you during the introduction movie for the game.
A rather weird creature that has been the cause of the train crash. The intro shows that previously, the monster was a scientist at a lab, but after an accident, it turned into what it now is. It will chase the player throughout the game and evolve into a stronger and faster version of itself as you get closer to the end.
!!The Dark Messiah
A messiah that the cult believes will be TheEndOfTheWorldAsWeKnowIt by judging humanity.
* AntagonistTitle: The original Japanese title of the game was Dark Messiah. It was most likely changed due to the religious relation to the word "Messiah".
** [[spoiler:CharacterTitle: You are the Dark Messiah, so it makes a bit of sense.]]
* [[spoiler:TomatoInTheMirror: As seen above, the player is the Dark Messiah.]]