This page is a work in progress. Feel free to help if you can.
* AffablyEvil: To be fair to him, Number One was seemingly a good enough guy for the head of a global league of villainy, and saved Dr. Nero's life. [[spoiler: The really evil stuff was all done really by Overlord.]]
* BigBad: for books [[spoiler:one through three.]]
* NoNameGiven: Although it's implied to be [[spoiler: Otto Malpense.]]
Nigel's father, a famous supervillain [[PosthumousCharacter who is dead at the start of the series.]] Due to the heavy use of Flashbacks, being dead doesn't slow down his CharacterDevelopment, especially since he appears to be Nero's best friend. [[spoiler:Actually being alive all along helps, too.]]
* CoolShip: Why yes, the Megalodon ''is'' a very cool ship.
* HeterosexualLifePartners: with Nero.
* NamesToRunAwayFromReallyFast: That is, if you're his enemy.
* NobleTopEnforcer: before [[spoiler:he takes over G.L.O.V.E.]]
* SharedFamilyQuirks: is easily TheHeart among the adult cast, as Nigel is to the younger cast.
The leader of the Southern Europe branch of G.L.O.V.E.
A new member of G.L.O.V.E.'s council, who has an obsession with killing people and an odd hatred for Nero.
* AdultFear: His son was kidnapped by the man whom he thinks murdered his wife. This is his motivation for just about everything.
* [[spoiler:ArchnemesisDad: to Wing.]]
* AxCrazy: Due to [[spoiler:the death of his wife.]]
* ChronicVillainy: He honestly believes he is doing the right thing, but this involves killing children and [[spoiler:creating large armies of robots.]]
* HappilyMarried: With [[spoiler:Xiu Mei until she is murdered.]]
* ObliviouslyEvil: Honestly believes he's right.
* TheExtremistWasRight: immediately after being [[spoiler:killed by Wing for trying to stop Overlord from coming back in Otto's body, Otto wakes up, as Overlord, and tries to kill Wing. ]]
* UnfinishedUntestedUsedAnyway: his gun from Rogue. [[spoiler:Correction: ''Laura's'' gun.]]
Corporate technology leader who is trying to take over G.L.O.V.E.'s ruling council in the event of Number One's death.
* ArchnemesisDad: [[spoiler:to Otto]].
* BerserkButton: he isn't an "Artificial Intelligence." He's an [[InsistentTerminology ''enhanced intelligence.'']]
* KarmicDeath: killed by two of his creations(and as a result of one action): [[spoiler: his son, Otto, using his invention, the Animus, in revenge for Lucy's death at his hand.]]
* LawOfChromaticSuperiority: Overlord is confirmed as more powerful than H.I.V.E.mind, and is therefore a more exciting colour.
* RedEyesTakeWarning: That is, Red ''Everything'', Take Warning.
* ShockAndAwe: Has [[WeaponOfChoice a habit of using]] lethal electrical bolts.
* BigBadDuumvirate: with Anastasia.
* EvilDuo: with his sister, Anastasia. Turns out the third member they're missing is their sister, [[spoiler:Elena.]]
* GoodScarsEvilScars: Apparently most of body is either muscle or scar tissue.
* ThoseTwoBadGuys: with his sister.
* TrainingFromHell: Dispenser of this.
* YouHaveOutlivedYourUsefulness: To [[spoiler: Jason Drake, right before he shoots him.]]
* KnightTemplar: For ''Escape Velocity'', if nothing else.
* CoolSword: Designed to mimic Raven's own.
* EvilCounterpart: to Raven
* MyNameIsInigoMontoya: The twin's first appearance begins with them politely introducing themselves, before adding [[BreadEggsMilkSquick 'And we'll be your murderers for tonight.]]'
* CoolSword: Designed to mimic Raven's own.
* EvilCounterpart: to Raven.
* MyNameIsInigoMontoya: The twin's first appearance begins with them politely introducing themselv... Is anyone else getting a feeling of deja vu?
The BigBad of books 7-?. She runs the Glasshouse, a Russian training camp for assassins where Raven was trained.
* BigBadDuumvirate: with Pietor.
* ChessmasterSidekick: to Overlord.
* EvilCounterpart: to Nero, who runs the H.I.V.E.
* EvilDuo: with her brother, Pietor. Turns out the third member they're missing is their sister, [[spoiler:Elena]].
* ILied: In ''Deadlock'', she promises Raven she will let [[spoiler:Nigel]] go after she turns herself in. She has no intention of doing so.
* SiblingsInCrime: with Pietor, although it's unclear when they stopped working together.
* UnsexySadist: has a really, really weird obsession with causing [[spoiler:Raven]] and [[spoiler:Laura]] pain. For fun. Doubles as FoeYay and NoYay in both cases.
* WeHaveWaysOfMakingYouTalk: to [[spoiler:Laura]] in Deadlock. The "ways" work, unfortunately for everyone.
* WhatASenselessWasteOfHumanLife: subverted. What she actually says is "what a senseless waste of a bullet," when she kills [[spoiler:Dimitri.]] Same idea when she kills [[spoiler:Tom.]]
* BlandNameProduct: for Mitt Romney, [[AuthorTract whom the author apparently hates.]]
The clone of [[spoiler:Otto]] who shows up halfway through Dreadnought at the Glasshouse, but whose identity isn't revealed until the end of the book.
* AttentionWhore: Tells everyone whom he intends to kill all about his plans because he wishes he had more attention but knows he can't tell anyone he's [[spoiler:sentient]] without blowing his cover.
* [[spoiler: MindRape: what he does to Laura.]]
* DaddyIssues: [[spoiler:his father is dead by Otto's hand, so he takes pleasure in torturing Laura, whom he has a [[UnsexySadist creepy attachment to.]]]]
* LikeFatherLikeSon: he likes to think so. Complete with [[spoiler:messing with Otto's love interests.]]
* [[spoiler:OverlordJr:]] perhaps the most literal example, ever.
* TurnOutLikeHisFather: actually his goal, although he's never met his father.
The woman who runs St. Sebastian's orphanage, where Otto, Penny, and Tom grew up.
* FosteringForProfit: Otto has her wrapped around his finger because she wants money and he can give it to her.
!Nathaniel [[spoiler:Nero]]/The Architect
The Architect designs buildings for several groups, and isn't affiliated with G.L.O.V.E. although he did design some buildings for some of them, including [[spoiler:Number One's space station and the Iceland branch of H.I.V.E.]]
* DirtyOldMan: Comments on how he would be very interested in [[TheStoic Raven]] if only he were half a century younger.
* [[spoiler:LikeFatherLikeSon: his son is also an architect.]]
* WellDoneSonGuy: Gives one to [[spoiler:his son, one Maximilian Nero]] at the end of [[spoiler:''Deadlock.'']]
!Andrew and Mary Brand
Laura's parents, who are Scottish.
* AdultsAreUseless: the only truly useless adults. The only thing they have contributed to the good guys' side is their daughter.
* AnticlimacticParent: both of them.
* ForYourOwnGood: they knew their daughter would be better off going to a school where she would actually be challenged and [[spoiler:not in jail.]]
* DaddyHadAGoodReasonForAbandoningYou: If they hadn't given Laura to Nero, [[spoiler:she would have been arrested for terrorism against the United States.]]
* GiveHimANormalLife: Subverted. They knew their brilliant daughter had to get the best education available to her, despite knowing they wouldn't see her for six years.
* InvisibleParents: all we know about them is that Laura misses them for the first [[spoiler:six]] books.
* ParentalObliviousness: their defining quality.
* [[spoiler:ParentsInDistress: how we meet them.]]
* PushoverParents: One interpretation. They talked to Nero for a few minutes and ''gave him their daughter for the next six years.'' Justified somewhat in that he claimed her life was in danger.
* SoProudOfYou: let Laura know how proud they are of her for [[spoiler:sticking it out even though they gave her to Nero after one conversation, although her life was in danger.]]
!Douglas "Dougie" [[spoiler:Brand]]
The younger brother of [[spoiler:Laura, conceived after she was sent to the H.I.V.E.]]
* ObliviousYoungerSibling: He's two, after all.
* SharedFamilyQuirks: getting [[spoiler:kidnapped]] is something his [[spoiler:sister]] does in every volume.
The head of the Artemis Section with the [=CIA.=]
* InspectorJavert: Despite being instructed to "look into" Otto's past, he's convinced Otto isn't innocent.
The sister of [[spoiler:Anastasia and Pietor Furan,]] described as "the only woman Nero had ever truly loved." [[spoiler:Anastasia]] blames her death on Nero,and Nero blames her death on [[spoiler:Anastasia. ]]
* ImpliedLoveInterest: to [[spoiler:a young, prepubescent Natalya.]]
* LivingEmotionalCrutch: [[spoiler:Natalya]] pretty much loses it after he and [[spoiler:Tolya]] die.